Forums
Posted By: Gem1863 Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 9:34am
My house was broken into on 14th Feb. As well as phones, jewellery and my car key, two model steam engines were taken. They are both brand new in the boxes. Made by Wilesco, they have German writing on the top of the box too. One is red with yellow wheels and one is green with red wheels. I have a picture of one of them but not sure how to upload it? Very distinctive and absolutely priceless to me. Huge sentimental value as they belong to my late father. Any information of their whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: venice Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 10:06am
Cant help you Im afraid, but you have my sympathies . What a rotten thing to happen. All I can think of regarding the engines is to perhaps contact any enthusiast groups you can find and ask them to watch out for them. Do hope you get them back somehow.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 11:05am
just put this on my facebook as i have a lot of family around morton /wallasey so hopefully it will help
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 1:15pm
Being burgled is a horrible experience for anyone and I am really sorry for you and your family, it must take a while to get over. On a practical note you could look for your possessions both jewelry and collectibles by trawling through ebay listings and the web sites of outlets like Cash Converters who list all their sale items on the internet. This might help you recover some of your stuff or help identify the burglars.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 1:23pm
think i read your story on FB. i live in that road too.i havent even seen anybody hanging around lately.
hope you find the low=lifes
Originally Posted by Gem1863
My house was broken into on 14th Feb. As well as phones, jewellery and my car key, two model steam engines were taken. They are both brand new in the boxes. Made by Wilesco, they have German writing on the top of the box too. One is red with yellow wheels and one is green with red wheels. I have a picture of one of them but not sure how to upload it? Very distinctive and absolutely priceless to me. Huge sentimental value as they belong to my late father. Any information of their whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Gem1863 Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 2:48pm
Thank you everyone. The more I tidy up, the more I find missing. List stands at Nokia lumia 520, Sony Ericsson Spiro, a Nintendo Ds lite, a Nintendo DS XL, a baby's bangle, four necklaces, a sony cyber shot camera, a Nikon digital camera and my spare car key. :-( can't understand why someone would go into four children's rooms and steal from them :-(
Posted By: venice Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 4:07pm
Probably druggies with mashed brains. Can you secure your car in some way?
Posted By: Gem1863 Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 5:14pm
Yes Venice. It's been towed away by the insurance to get the locks changed and keys recoded. Costing me my excess but better that than stolen completely.
Posted By: Mark Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 7:43pm
Tweeted and Facebook.

Hope you get them back.
Posted By: Gem1863 Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 7:54pm
eBay item exact same
Posted By: Gem1863 Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 16th Feb 2014 7:56pm
The other item, exact same
Posted By: MikeT Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 17th Feb 2014 7:09am
Originally Posted by Gem1863
My house was broken into on 14th Feb.

I'm sorry to hear about that, and hope you get your model trains back. Do you mind saying whereabouts the burglary took place?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 17th Feb 2014 11:38am
Been to Ellesmere Port tat market, nothing up in that place, I will keep looking as I go about.
Posted By: Gem1863 Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 3rd Mar 2014 9:37pm
Thanks Dave x
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 9th Mar 2014 4:37pm
Our model boat club were doing a display at Waterloo Liverpool. Some lad walked in, picked up a Mersey Ferry and walked out! Police found it about 6 months later in a second hand shop. Don't despair, with something as uncommon as your Traction engines,I'm sure they'll surface eventually.
Posted By: washmonster Re: Stolen Model Steam Engines - 22nd Mar 2014 9:53pm
sorry about your loss ! whilst not really model engineering,they loosely fall in to that bracket, so a word with your local model engineering society who will always keep an eye out for such things will do no harm ! best wishes,& good luck, skylarc
© Wirral-Wikiwirral