Forums
Posted By: eggandchips ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 1:28pm
if anybody is offered a ps4 without control pad, would they please let me know. stolen last night by some young s****-head. seacombe area

cheers
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 2:20pm
check facebook chips thats the first place i would look as a lot of that type of thing get sold on there day to day.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 2:26pm
Scumbags. Check gumtree too
Posted By: eggandchips Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 6:07pm
cheers
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 6:48pm

Seems to have been a few attempted break ins last night in Seacombe. Priory Road, Ferryside and Peter st

TheMrs
Posted By: j_demo Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 6:51pm
just checked ebay and found nothing by searching "PS4" and selecting the "Distance: nearest first" option... but the chances are it won't come "on the market" for a while, whoever stole it will either A) buy the necessary leads etc and play on it for a bit then sell it as 'complete' or just keep it for themself or B) trade it for drugs or other stolen items... with other scumbags

good luck!

edit: it'll probably wind up in one of them second hand shops that don't ask questions, just buy stuff... it's a case of proving it's yours, do you have the box with the serial number and stuff on to cross-reference any with?
Posted By: sam15 Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 7:19pm
If it's a smack head selling he would prob go to the local pubs an try and sell it there first
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 7:39pm
if your on ps+ deactivate it wink
link
Posted By: snowhite Re: ps4 stolen - 10th Feb 2014 10:48pm
Try cash converters.The ... probally need a quick sale for there booze,fags and drugs.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: ps4 stolen - 11th Feb 2014 12:30pm
thanks for all your comments, still no luck.
just one very upset 12year old grandson
Posted By: Gibbo Re: ps4 stolen - 11th Feb 2014 2:21pm
Keep an eye on Preloved and Gumtree and the Facebook sale pages.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: ps4 stolen - 12th Feb 2014 3:45pm
EDIT: After investigating, there doesn't seem to be any unique ID on PS4's.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: ps4 stolen - 12th Feb 2014 3:52pm
I doubt the police would dig that deep at all, however I do believe the console will have a unique id which sony can see and possibly if the new user logs in with their psn log in then they should be able to pass the information on to the police, i.e. address which was registered with the associated psn account.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: ps4 stolen - 12th Feb 2014 3:55pm
I wasn't suggesting the police would dig, more that if all the serials were logged and noted through the usual places like Cash Generator, if it was attempted to be sold on, they may see it back, a bit like having your bicycle coded.

Like I said, a long shot.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: ps4 stolen - 12th Feb 2014 4:12pm
Looking on the internet, it looks like Sony can tie an IP to a consoles serial number/MAC, but requires police involvement to do so. And that would be down to if the police felt it was worth the time. Plus this is 'the internet' saying this, without any official confirmation of this it could all just be bull.

Lot of ifs, buts and maybes, but certainly worth finding out I would think.
Posted By: snowhite Re: ps4 stolen - 12th Feb 2014 8:35pm
Originally Posted by eggandchips
thanks for all your comments, still no luck.
just one very upset 12year old grandson
Probally flogged it off to a mate.Not knowing it was stolen.Theyll come up with some sort of crap story.
Posted By: CameronB Re: ps4 stolen - 14th May 2014 6:19pm
If the PS4 is anything like the Vita, it can track your global location.
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/confirm-sso!input.action

If the guy is stupid enough to keep the thing you can just deactivate through this website.
Make sure to change the password though.
Posted By: markeee Re: ps4 stolen - 17th May 2014 2:03pm
you still have box as might have serial or instructions
© Wirral-Wikiwirral