Forums
Posted By: x_plore Scumbags stole 2 bails of hay from horse yard - 1st Feb 2014 5:19pm
On Thursday evening my partner had 3 bails of hay delivered to her horse yard on Park lane Meols. The next day we go down and only 1 is there! The thieving little scumbags had used bolt cutters on the chain....

[Linked Image]

Then they must have rolled the bails down the field and loaded it onto their vehicle.

All that effort for 2 bails of hay at £30 each!!!! Doesn't seem worth the effort.

So please everyone be aware theres some pathetic little tramp robbing from our yards.
Just don't understand them. To carry bolt cutters must mean they are obviously in the habit of such things and maybe not kids, they'd need some strength wouldn't they?
2 x Bales of hay, I wonder why? crazy Maybe they have a secret pony somewhere.

Although they may be back, at some point.

Sorry, I hope they are caught and stopped from continuing their tricks, but if they are using it for another lonely pony , which isn't theirs, what can we say?
Travellers/gypsies could be a possibility? Flipping good clear picture by the way.
Is nothing safe! ... that's what they are.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Scumbags stole 2 bails of hay from horse yard - 2nd Feb 2014 12:02pm
Originally Posted by Heswall1958
Is nothing safe! ... that's what they are.

Unfortunately no, if it's not nailed down nothing is safe.
Them other 2 notches look like it has been attempted in the past but they didnt have the force to cut it through.
a friends daughter had all her tack nicked last week from somewhere in capenhurst ,so there could be someone doing the rounds
Granny, I hope they don't have a pony, if they do and cant even afford a bail of hey for it, what hope does the horse have?

Venice, that was our thought. Iphone 4s picture quality for you haha.

Heswall1958, no, nothing is safe, horse items and horse theft is getting all too common.

Dilly, you "nailed" it on the head wink

Rickie_Robbo, I didn't think of that, I thought that was attempts "on the night" but looking again they look older, thanks for pointing that out. May have to do a couple of all nighters and catch them in the act.....I hope!

lansyp, I do hope these scumbags are caught. Its not fair. This is a hobby which we should enjoy, and not have to worry about basics, or even our horses being in danger. Its not as if its a cheap hobby, but that's what probably fuels them to trespass on our yards and steal.
try looking in the field along side the river birket by kirkland kennels in moreton , its where the travellers keep their horses
Posted By: Tilly Re: Scumbags stole 2 bails of hay from horse yard - 8th Feb 2014 9:37am
Hay has been stolen from livery yard on leasowe road, along with saddles and bridles, also from the field opposite lidl where rescue ponies are kept.
Disgusting to say the least.
Thanks Johnny, I wouldn't be able to prove anything though frown

That is disgusting Tilly, when did this happen?
Posted By: Tilly Re: Scumbags stole 2 bails of hay from horse yard - 10th Feb 2014 4:04pm
It's been happening at various places over the last 2 months maybe more.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral