Forums
Posted By: mikeo32 Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 11th Mar 2013 9:07am
Hi everyone, I had my bike stolen from Arrowe Park Hospital on friday day time. I am staff there and found my lock cut with bolt cutters and an empty space where my bike was parked when I left to go home. I'm not expecting to get this back and i'm not after a reward, but thought I would make people aware that there is a theif in the area after bikes. It the second one in a week according to the on-site security.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 11th Mar 2013 11:38am
Sorry to hear about scumbags nickin ya bike Mike, do you have a pic of ya bike mate and have you had CCTV checked?
also what bike lock did you have chopped mate? im seriously considering getting a 2nd Kryptonite D-lock for my bike as i just cant feckin relax anymore with just one on it and a cable lock.
Posted By: mikeo32 Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 11th Mar 2013 12:21pm
Security staff said they were going to go through the CCTV for me over the weekend, but because I worked a 12 hour shift and the closest camera doesn't actually point on the bike shed ... its looking doubtful. I've got a photo on my phone but laptop is busted at the moment so I can't upload it. I was a standard bike coil lock, pretty sterdy but looks like they have used bolt cutters to get through it.
There was a suspicious youth hanging around the bike park at the Countess of Chester Hospital last week. Security ended up calling the police. Not sure if he was reprimanded, but he was up to no good that's for sure.
I have to wonder if its the same people doing this as there have been a few incidents of this happening.My son & another lad had their bikes take from the bike shed at their school despite shed & bikes being locked.They were seen on cctv but nothing has come of it & I doubt my sons bike will be seen again
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 11th Mar 2013 7:51pm
To follow on from Kevinx's post... I too am wanting to get a more secure means of locking the velocipede. Got to admit to being not too clued up on this but... At present have the coiled steel rope effort. Would take about 2 seconds to cut through if these lower order scumbags use their (stolen) bolt cutters. Sooooooo a Kryptonite D shackle type dooferiser - how do they secure a bike to the likes of your average lamp post?

Presume you bung it through both the frame and the rear wheel, but then what ? No space left in the "D" to encompass any meaty bit of street furniture?

My bike is only middle of the road price/quality, nowt special, but I don't really want to lose it to some knuckle-dragging Neanderthal test tube reject!

Any help appreciated!
This guide may help http://www.lockyourbike.org.uk/how-to-lock-a-bike-guide/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 12th Mar 2013 5:16pm
Originally Posted by motionspoon3

Many thanks. A useful site.
Posted By: fatboy63 Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 14th Mar 2013 8:55pm
sorrey i work up in aph i carnt say whay job i in but i am back on shift soon and will do my bhttps://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/images/icons/default_dark/mad.gifest 2 find theys thevin ...
Posted By: fatboy63 Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 14th Mar 2013 8:56pm
sorrey that all came out wrong
Posted By: fatboy63 Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - Arrowe Park Hospital - 14th Mar 2013 9:00pm
sorrey i work up in aph i carnt say whay job i in but i am back on shift soon and will do my best 2 cach them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral