Forums
Posted By: Willo_ I-phone Found - 23rd Oct 2012 9:54pm
If you have lost an iphone in wallasey village around 8pm ish, or you know someone who has please pm me.

And if you can describe it and marks on it also picture on screen, it will be returned.

I was going to go through phone book to call someone in it, but phone is pass coded so can not do so. also battery is due to die on it, so i will not be able to anser it if it rings.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I-phone Found - 23rd Oct 2012 10:08pm
It could be mine, is there a picture of an apple on the screen?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 8:01am
No
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 8:31am
If you take it to the apple shop they may be able to contact the owner. Depends how badly you want to give it back. Thats what I would do.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 8:35am
I am going to contact 02 and give them the sim number, and see if they can contact the owner.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 8:48am
Yeah, good idea.
Posted By: TheDr Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 9:15am
If you go on to the Apple website and type in either the serial number or the IMEI number it will tell you a few things about the phone (is it still under warranty etc), one of those is wether the phone is registered or not (the majority are), which means that Apple Stores can pull up the address details.

They won't give the address to you (well, normally they won't, there is a way round it but playing it straight they'll say no) but they will call the person it is registered to and let them know.

As above, depends how much you want to do.
Posted By: dave_h Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 9:15am
good effort burger!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 9:24am
Originally Posted by TheDr
If you go on to the Apple website and type in either the serial number or the IMEI number it will tell you a few things about the phone (is it still under warranty etc), one of those is wether the phone is registered or not (the majority are), which means that Apple Stores can pull up the address details.

They won't give the address to you (well, normally they won't, there is a way round it but playing it straight they'll say no) but they will call the person it is registered to and let them know.

As above, depends how much you want to do.
i cant get imei number the phone is pass coded. am going to try the sim in my phone and see if i can get a contact number from it, failing that i will contact 02, failing that then i will contact apple.

And yes i would like to retyrn it to its owner, as i would like someone to do the same if it was my phone they found.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 10:06am
Nice one mate, not many people would go to the bother, nice to see a bit of honesty! thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 10:24am
withthat happy
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 10:26am
Well done for trying to tracked down the owener,You proberly get a reward from the ownener if you track him down and he gets his phone back
Posted By: ducky73 Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 12:36pm
nice to see there is still honest people around well done . let us all no if the right owner is found iam sure him / her will be very very grateful. wish alot more people like yourself were around.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 1:48pm
They are not much good these days as lost and found, network blocks them and it's game over!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 1:58pm
am sure the owner would rather get it back than know its sitting on someones desk as a paper weight, there could be photos onit they have not backed up.

I have been on phone to o2, phone is registered, i gave them my mobile number to pass on to owner, so i should get a call today from owner.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 2:20pm
nice one Burger. keep us updated.
Posted By: TheDr Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 2:33pm
If you want the Serial or IMEI number they should be written on the sim tray.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 2:52pm
Well done top man!, nice to see honesty. thumbsup
Posted By: arwen444 Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 5:38pm
hope you have better luck than my son did, a lady left her phone on the train so he got off and chased after her with it , she snatched it off him and glared at him like he had stolen it. not a good lesson for a 15year old to learn.
Posted By: ducky73 Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 6:02pm
hope so they will be made up well done again smile
Posted By: silvertigra Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 7:24pm
So nice to see there are still honest people around as its a dying breed The owner will be so pleased!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 8:30pm
Originally Posted by arwen444
hope you have better luck than my son did, a lady left her phone on the train so he got off and chased after her with it , she snatched it off him and glared at him like he had stolen it. not a good lesson for a 15year old to learn.

Bitch!
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 8:40pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Bitch!
withthat
Posted By: Willo_ Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 9:45pm
Phone has now been returned.
Posted By: TheDr Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 9:48pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips

Well played that man laugh
Posted By: Zubee Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 10:12pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Bitch!

withthat
Posted By: Zubee Re: I-phone Found - 24th Oct 2012 10:13pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips

Nice one BC, well done you thumbsup
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: I-phone Found - 26th Oct 2012 12:03pm
Were they grateful? I remember my little bro found a wallet absolutley rammed full of cash and he went to the owners house with it. He snatched the wallet off him and slammed the door, up near heswall somewhere. Must have been about £400 in there.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: I-phone Found - 26th Oct 2012 12:19pm
He was greatfull, I wasn't after a reward, it was just nice to see it returned, I know what it's like to lose a phone.
Posted By: reddragon Re: I-phone Found - 26th Oct 2012 1:04pm
well done B&C
Posted By: Moonstar Re: I-phone Found - 26th Oct 2012 1:55pm
Well done from me too Mr Burger.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: I-phone Found - 26th Oct 2012 3:39pm
Result Burger, big Bravo Zulu.
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: I-phone Found - 6th Nov 2012 8:06pm
Thats really good to see! Top Bloke!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral