Forums
Posted By: pokerchamp local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 3:49pm
hi i am just warning people in wallasey that there has been a spate of burgalries in the area,my sister in law was burgled last night while they lay in bed!!!these sick individules obviously dont care if they get confronted whilst in the act so who knows what could happen!!!if you or anyone you know is offered any of the following please let me know!!!19"lcd tv,wii and controls,digital camera,argos card with £400 on it which was for her kids christmas.thanks
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 4:03pm
Where was this?
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 4:05pm
cliff road in liscard,last night!!!
Posted By: Oddone Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 4:21pm
How was entry gained??
Posted By: ex0__ Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 4:29pm
KY laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 4:36pm
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
hi i am just warning people in wallasey that there has been a spate of burgalries in the area,my sister in law was burgled last night while they lay in bed!!!these sick individules obviously dont care if they get confronted whilst in the act so who knows what could happen!!!if you or anyone you know is offered any of the following please let me know!!!19"lcd tv,wii and controls,digital camera,argos card with £400 on it which was for her kids christmas.thanks

hi ring this number for argos 0845 640 0700. You will not be liable to us for losses which take place after you have told us about the theft, etc as long as you confirm this in writing within seven days. If your Argos card is lost, stolen or misused by someone without your permission, you may have to pay up to £50 of any loss to us. If it is misused with your permission you will probably be liable for ALL losses. I know it's hard but let them know as soon as, wouldn't like her to pay more frown
Posted By: Capt_America Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 6:02pm
Hope they are caught or at least introduced to the blunt end of a claw hammer if they are discovered.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 6:50pm
Sorry to hear that poker champ hope you sister catches the barstard, one day they will run into the wrong person and get their cumupance sick dickheads mad
Posted By: DickyJim Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 7:04pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
KY laugh

Wish ad thought of that am so jellyous.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 7:34pm
[quote=pokerchamp]hi i am just warning people in wallasey that there has been a spate of burgalries in the area,my sister in law was burgled last night while they lay in bed!!!these sick individules obviously dont care if they get confronted whilst in the act so who knows what could happen!!!if you or anyone you know is offered any of the following please let me know!!!19"lcd tv,wii and controls,digital camera,argos card with £400 on it which was for her kids christmas.thanks [/quote Hi this is all too common now towards xmas ,they would steal any thing ,thanks for the warning ,so sad they need to do the wrong house for a change ,discusting nomarks hope your sister is ok pokerchamp
Posted By: JellyStar Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 7:44pm
Thanx smile have just gone around house locking/checking windows and doors.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 7:46pm
these people are ..., i know there is no right time to get your house robbed, but right on top of christmas, barstard, i hope they choose a house with a big fooking angry dog thats not been fed for a few days, we are all skint this time of year, you either do without or save all year like the rest of us,
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 8:28pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
these people are ..., i know there is no right time to get your house robbed, but right on top of christmas, barstard, i hope they choose a house with a big fooking angry dog thats not been fed for a few days, we are all skint this time of year, you either do without or save all year like the rest of us,
Hi Lemonhead yes your right ... bags ,they do need to rob the wrong place it would serve them right but the owner of the house would the be done for asault lol
Posted By: starakita Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 10:49pm
We got done this time last year & I heard today some one in the street next to ours got done recently making sure doors are locked but if its the same barstard that done us last year theyre in for a shock,new akita dog silent but deadly.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 11:10pm
Originally Posted by starakita
We got done this time last year & I heard today some one in the street next to ours got done recently making sure doors are locked but if its the same barstard that done us last year theyre in for a shock,new akita dog silent but deadly.

withthat
laffin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 11:20pm
why don't people have Alarms fitted no-more? people take more care of their cars eg (fit alarms to them) than their homes where they sleep and kids live?
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 11th Nov 2011 11:58pm
Good for you ,i don`t hope they try yopu again but it would serve them right if they did
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 2:43am
they prob put dog down if it mauled some1. Id batter them then you wouldnt get done 4 assault.
Posted By: MikeT Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 5:53am
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Hope they are caught or at least introduced to the blunt end of a claw hammer if they are discovered.

After you with the hammer.

Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 9:10am
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy
why don't people have Alarms fitted no-more? people take more care of their cars eg (fit alarms to them) than their homes where they sleep and kids live?
I wouldn`t be comfortable without an alarm ,that`s just the way it is now .I wonder what would happen if every house hold had alarms and extra security ?what would the thieves do then ?
Posted By: Tanzi Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 9:31am

They'd probably steal the dog too ..
i have an alarm with cameras fitted by the police a few yrs back , best thing ever was as they were testing it they said i wouldnt be able to turn it on unless i shut the dogs in a tiny room( which i will not) cos the dogs are so big they set it off :-s , i Have an akita and a muscle mastiff.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 11:13am
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy

hi ring this number for argos 0845 640 0700. You will not be liable to us for losses which take place after you have told us about the theft, etc as long as you confirm this in writing within seven days. If your Argos card is lost, stolen or misused by someone without your permission, you may have to pay up to £50 of any loss to us. If it is misused with your permission you will probably be liable for ALL losses. I know it's hard but let them know as soon as, wouldn't like her to pay more frown

I THINK that this applies to credit cards and not gift cards.
A couple of years ago I lost the gift card that my daughter had been given by her work mates when she had her daughter between the check out and the door somad in Boots - there was nothing they could do as it is like cash - you can't cancel it or anything. They do print a warning on the cards that this is the case but it still doesn't stop it hurting. It had £90 on it that I had to replace as it was a gift to her - to this day she doesn't know I lost it frown
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 11:14am
Originally Posted by Tanzi

They'd probably steal the dog too ..
i have an alarm with cameras fitted by the police a few yrs back , best thing ever was as they were testing it they said i wouldnt be able to turn it on unless i shut the dogs in a tiny room( which i will not) cos the dogs are so big they set it off :-s , i Have an akita and a muscle mastiff.
Hi Tanzi we have sensors on ours to allow pets to walk free ,it will only detect human`s ,ask about them smile
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 12:00pm
Now that it is legal to kill an intruder i am amazed that people still break in to a house knowing that there is a chance there are people in their.

If someone burglarised me i would drag them back in to the house to finish them off!! lol

On a serious note though if i came down knife in hand and found someone in my house, god help me! even thinking about it makes me want to go sharpen my "home defence weapon"
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 12:02pm
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
Now that it is legal to kill an intruder i am amazed that people still break in to a house knowing that there is a chance there are people in their.

If someone burglarised me i would drag them back in to the house to finish them off!! lol

On a serious note though if i came down knife in hand and found someone in my house, god help me! even thinking about it makes me want to go sharpen my "home defence weapon"
Yes me too .Ihate ... bags who think it is thier right to come into someone`s home and just take the pick of what they want it begger`s belief mad
Posted By: starakita Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 12:22pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Good for you ,i don`t hope they try yopu again but it would serve them right if they did
the dog would probably jump up at them but an akita with a black face giving a friendly hug can be scary also got the baseball bat ready just let them try again.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 12:23pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
the dog would probably jump up at them but an akita with a black face giving a friendly hug can be scary also got the baseball bat ready just let them try again.
Iknow ,my friend has 2 nakitas and your right ,they would take any one off thier feet just jumping up at them ,beautiful dogs tho smile
Posted By: starakita Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 12:29pm
Originally Posted by beer_money
they prob put dog down if it mauled some1. Id batter them then you wouldnt get done 4 assault.
If theres a sign warning them its there own fault if they get mauled akitas are loyal & protective of their family.
Posted By: TheGodSplinter Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 8:08pm

I have a notice on my front door. I've kept the print small so that only those who walk right up my path and get close to my door can even read it. There's an identical copy of the message in a window at the back of my house.

"DEAR BURGLAR...STOP AND THINK FOR A MOMENT! CAN YOU NAME ANYBODY WHO'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU BENEATH MY FLOORBOARDS!"
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 8:55pm
Originally Posted by TheGodSplinter

I have a notice on my front door. I've kept the print small so that only those who walk right up my path and get close to my door can even read it. There's an identical copy of the message in a window at the back of my house.

"DEAR BURGLAR...STOP AND THINK FOR A MOMENT! CAN YOU NAME ANYBODY WHO'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU BENEATH MY FLOORBOARDS!"
That is fantastic i am going to copy it perfect raftl raftl
Posted By: Steve_Jonn0 Re: local burgalries - 12th Nov 2011 9:03pm
Originally Posted by TheGodSplinter

Love it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MATTSVM Re: local burgalries - 13th Nov 2011 6:50pm
I have a camera system that e mails snapshots to my iPhone whenever anyone is near my property I.e back garden/ front door, I usually get the email within 60 seconds,combined with an alarm system that texts me when it goes off , I can do no more!! think the law is shifting towards the homeowners favour nowadays, and rightly so !! If we fear our property and family are under attack we should be able to retaliate with everything we've got, hopefully the little dirtbags will get the message soon !!!
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: local burgalries - 13th Nov 2011 7:09pm
Contents insurance causes a lot of burglaries.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: local burgalries - 13th Nov 2011 7:17pm
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
Contents insurance causes a lot of burglaries.
I suppose you be telling me that Buildings Insurance causes fires as well - never on the Wirral no
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: local burgalries - 13th Nov 2011 8:31pm
Originally Posted by MATTSVM
I have a camera system that e mails snapshots to my iPhone whenever anyone is near my property I.e back garden/ front door, I usually get the email within 60 seconds,combined with an alarm system that texts me when it goes off , I can do no more!! think the law is shifting towards the homeowners favour nowadays, and rightly so !! If we fear our property and family are under attack we should be able to retaliate with everything we've got, hopefully the little dirtbags will get the message soon !!!
That sounds like a great system ,who sells them ? never heard of 1 that good before
Posted By: derekdwc Re: local burgalries - 14th Nov 2011 1:16pm
It would be interesting if it could be posted how these thieves gained entrance to these houses - by door or window and what type of locks may have been bypassed.
Said info may help someone else from being burgled
Posted By: Oddone Re: local burgalries - 14th Nov 2011 1:39pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
It would be interesting if it could be posted how these thieves gained entrance to these houses - by door or window and what type of locks may have been bypassed.
Said info may help someone else from being burgled

Indeed. smile
Posted By: derekdwc Re: local burgalries - 14th Nov 2011 2:05pm
I'd have hoped the police would have such info from their investigations and and could have published how most breakins occurred.
My next door neighbour locked herself out (after new doors and locks had been fitted on all the council houses)and someone I knew came along and opened it within 1 minute.
Since then when going to bed I turn the handle up and lock it with my key and put the chain on.
Posted By: Katryn Re: local burgalries - 14th Nov 2011 5:01pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
KY laugh

laffin
Posted By: Tina21 Re: local burgalries - 19th Nov 2011 4:59pm
THE IS SOMEONE GOING AROUND SAYIN THERE FROM THE WATER BORAD AND THEY ASK IF THEY CAN TEST YA WATER UPSTAIRS,DONT LET THEM IN YA HOUSE THERE DIRT BAGS MY MATE LET THEM IN AND GOT HER HOUSE TRASHED,AND TO TOP IT ALL THEY PUT MEAT OVER THE WALL TO DOPE HER BULLMASTIFF (NEW BRIGHTON AERA) ALL OK THANK GOD,AND THEY DIDNT GET ANYTHIN.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral