Forums
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 7:45pm
Hello Guys And Gals It Comes To My Attention That A Friend Of Mine Had A New Fridge Delivered To His Home Yesterday At About 9.00Am In The Morning Where IT Was Half Inched Out Of His Path In The Space Of 15 Minutes It Seems That The Lads Who Did This Where Driving A High Top LDV With A Rusted Out Left Door Turns Out That These Are Polish Fellas And They Have Been Getting Scrap And Apparently Been Stealing Items And Also Vehicles From Peoples Yards And Paths All Over The Wirral And Merseyside So As A Warning Keep Your Eyes Out Ladies And Gents And Make Sure That Anything In Your Gardens Worth Of Value Is Safe And Secure Hope This Helps
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 7:54pm
Originally Posted by BIGGUS_DICCUS
Hello Guys And Gals It Comes To My Attention That A Friend Of Mine Had A New Fridge Delivered To His Home Yesterday At About 9.00Am In The Morning Where IT Was Half Inched Out Of His Path In The Space Of 15 Minutes It Seems That The Lads Who Did This Where Driving A High Top LDV With A Rusted Out Left Door Turns Out That These Are Polish Fellas And They Have Been Getting Scrap And Apparently Been Stealing Items And Also Vehicles From Peoples Yards And Paths All Over The Wirral And Merseyside So As A Warning Keep Your Eyes Out Ladies And Gents And Make Sure That Anything In Your Gardens Worth Of Value Is Safe And Secure Hope This Helps

... bags, get a job like the rest of us, i blame the scrap yards just as much for taking without question(if they are) if it was a new fridge i take it they will chilling there beers as we speek
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 7:58pm
Cheers Mate I Just Think Its Unfair On Me Mate He Sent His Misses Out Aswell To Pack The Fridge And She Came Back To An Empty Space She Was To Say The Least Bit Impressed
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 8:03pm
The Police Where Great Aswell 'We Have Better Things To Do Than Chase Up A Stolen Fridge' I Mean I Know A Fridge Is Miniscule Compared To Some Things But At The End Of The Day IT Was STOLEN So Its One Of Them Scenarios
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 8:17pm
if it was a white van then it may be the same guys who robbed an old boiler out of our back garden..dont really care about the boiler but a new fridge...the b*******ds!!!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 8:24pm
I'm surprised the Police gave them the cold shoulder.
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 8:29pm
At The End Of The Day They Shouldnt Just Turn Up Out OF The Blue And Take Other Peoples Property
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 8:32pm
Originally Posted by BIGGUS_DICCUS
At The End Of The Day They Shouldnt Just Turn Up Out OF The Blue And Take Other Peoples Property

What about at the start of the day?
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 8:41pm
Totally agree Biggus..also had a front gate robbed in my old house..probably weighed in.What's really annoying is we have a 7ft fence with no gate and the people upstairs saw them do it and mentioned it 2 days later (and no I don't use the garden too much..lol)Hope they catch the buggers....
Posted By: Jacinthe Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 9:06pm
ive come out my house a few times to find men looking around my front garden and driveway, my husbands car mad and has a car in bits on the drive with car bitsdown the side of the garage that he wants to keep but what gives other ppl the right to come on my property and look around to c what they would like to steel bloody ... i say!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 9:19pm
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Totally agree Biggus..also had a front gate robbed in my old house..probably weighed in.What's really annoying is we have a 7ft fence with no gate and the people upstairs saw them do it and mentioned it 2 days later (and no I don't use the garden too much..lol)Hope they catch the buggers....

How do you get out now the gate's gone?
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 28th Oct 2011 9:48pm
Haha Yewgarth....have no gate in my back garden,the thieving buggers tossed the ald boiler over the high fence and no they didnt take the missus....hehe
Posted By: Wizzo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 3:37pm
Sorry to hear this. We got the lead stolen off our kitchen roof in August of this year. The scumbags damaged the brickwork tearing it off. I heard stories at the time about 2 men going round in a big white van asking for scrap metal and last Monday, (24th October 2011), I actually SAW them.

It was around 10:20am - 10:30am, I'd just finished viewing a house in Rice Hey Road, Wallasey and these 2 blokes in a white van pulled up and were eyeballing the property, (it's empty due to repossession), and they asked the estate agent if he had any scrap metal. The estate agent laughed and said "Sorry, it's not my house!" and the van sped off, unfortunately too quickly for me to get their licence plate.

Be on the lookout for this van and these men. It's just too much of a coincidence that they're floating around asking even PEDESTRIANS for scrap metal in an area where lots of metal is currently being stolen.
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 5:05pm
Had garden table and chairs taken off my drive while i was out, put them there ready to go garage
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 5:12pm
Same here i have things taken from mine ,garden furniture. i had to end up srewing them to the decking.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 7:22pm
Originally Posted by Wizzo
Sorry to hear this. We got the lead stolen off our kitchen roof in August of this year. The scumbags damaged the brickwork tearing it off. I heard stories at the time about 2 men going round in a big white van asking for scrap metal and last Monday, (24th October 2011), I actually SAW them.

It was around 10:20am - 10:30am, I'd just finished viewing a house in Rice Hey Road, Wallasey and these 2 blokes in a white van pulled up and were eyeballing the property, (it's empty due to repossession), and they asked the estate agent if he had any scrap metal. The estate agent laughed and said "Sorry, it's not my house!" and the van sped off, unfortunately too quickly for me to get their licence plate.

Be on the lookout for this van and these men. It's just too much of a coincidence that they're floating around asking even PEDESTRIANS for scrap metal in an area where lots of metal is currently being stolen.

did one of them have short/shaved head in his 40#s?
Posted By: Clive Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 7:50pm
2 blokes pulled up earler when i was syphoning the diesel out of my hire van, and asked if there was any scrap in the yard at the back of mine, i gave them some old drive shafts and wish bones i had in shed.
They where in a white van.
Posted By: Wizzo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 9:25pm
I only saw the passenger, but he had a shaved head or skinhead. From the brief look I got, I would have said he was in his 30's, but then maybe the guy you're describing is the driver?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 9:57pm
the other one seemed much younger
Posted By: starakita Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 10:07pm
I had an old washing machine & bike frame on the front & they were taken while we were on holiday,my son was gutted cos he wanted to keep the bike frame,then a couple of weeks later put a broken cross trainer out ready to go to the tip & the barstard took that as well,wouldnt mind if they'd asked could they take it I would have said yes.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 29th Oct 2011 11:50pm
barstard
Posted By: hoseman Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 30th Oct 2011 3:40pm
When finished doing the alterations to my new house they took the bloody ackros id left in the side alley!!! Fookers.

Poles, white van, mid thirtys????
Bought a washing machine off two from e bay last yr, live in bebington, cant remember address but had a large white van!!
Posted By: Sharpster66 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 3rd Nov 2011 10:10pm
My mum has had her garden bench stolen from her front garden. The worrying thing is a neighbour spotted a bloke in the garden in the early hours the other weekend. She is elderly and lord knows what a fright that would have caused her.she is very lucky to have fab neighbours. Hope these scumbags are caught soon.
Posted By: luckycharm Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 1:46pm
two polish looking men were going through my wheelie bin ,i had put a broken toaster in there and they saw the wire and had a go through the bin,i was on my way out when i come back the pram i have by the front door for the school run was gone so they must of had it away ,they were in a rusty white van i wasnt impressed .
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 1:49pm
not much scrap in a pram. Theiving foreign ....
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 1:54pm
We have some guys come to my work every 6 months or so looking for scrap anything that they can reduce down to the metals to sell, obviously it helps us because it saves us taking old machines and cabinets and whatnot to the tip. They get their scrap, we get space to fill with more crap for next time they come. The reason I mention it is they drive a white van, I'd imagine because most hire vans/second hand vans of that size and type are white, because white is the cheapest color to paint them during production.

Just saying, not everyone is a thief.
Posted By: luckycharm Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 1:56pm
I know and it was battered but it did the school run great thats why i was so annoyed ,it wasnt worth anything and to go through my bin as well ,i asked him what he was doing and he just shrugged and got off
Posted By: starakita Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 2:01pm
there was a srap dealer going round the streets by vicky park yesterday but he was legit cos he was shouting scrap iron
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 2:32pm

Originally Posted by Tombraider
Same here i have things taken from mine ,garden furniture. i had to end up screwing them to the decking.

I've had the same problem,its not fair,we all want nice things and should not have to bolt them down or worrie that they will not be there when we get home!

Tramps!stop robbing off orther people and save up and get ya own!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 3:26pm
it's bad that you have to do that now. When I lived in Eastham the hanging baskets got robbed. Shame that the Wirral has come to this.
Posted By: smivis Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 4:52pm
jipo,s man jipo,s they always come to my work askin for scrap.... bloody anoying just horrable benifit grabbing, lieing, cheating, stealing immergrents
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 5:12pm
Originally Posted by smivis
jipo,s man jipo,s they always come to my work askin for scrap.... bloody anoying just horrable benifit grabbing, lieing, cheating, stealing immergrents

Can we get someone to translate this from retard to english please?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 4th Nov 2011 5:24pm
Something about lying, scrap metal stealing immigrants? lol
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:14am
Update- The two muppets where seen by an off duty officer on sunday morning breaking into a lockup on the dock road in liverpool near GWR engineering same LDV Convoy van aswell and same description turns out the van was already half full with temporary construction fencing. a group of investigating officers went back to both of there houses and found well over £2500 in stolen goods and scrap looks like the pair might get some time and as a bonus my friend got his fridge back smile some of the items the officer told us where found
Old Cast Iron Fencing
Stailess Steel Pannels
Couple Of Heavy Duty Gates
Stolen Electricals
Stolen Mini Motos/Motorcycles
Lots Of Car Parts

officer also told us that the pair where on expired visa's and that they where cosovanian so there being deported but there is more of an investigation going on.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:16am
glad they were caught and your friend got the fridge back!!!
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:20am
Haha i know they deserve everything they get its out of order and yes the fridge means alot. now we can have cold beers laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:21am
Great news. thumbsup smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:30am
Result!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:34am
Damn those cosovanians.
Posted By: BIGGUS_DICCUS Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 12:38am
they wont learn guarentee they will be back next year hahaha
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 1:04am
hahaha probably but at least people will be on the lookout for them now! As for the cold beers smile
Posted By: Wizzo Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 3:04am
Excellent! Let's hope the law deals with them harshly, drop-kicks them outta the country and bans them from coming back!

They WON'T, but they SHOULD! Cheeky, thieving toe-rags...
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 7th Nov 2011 10:14am
great news long live the fridge.

great that they will be getting deported and hopefully they will do time on there own soil not at the expense of the british tax payer
Posted By: hansioned Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 18th Nov 2011 4:29pm
great news about the fridge, but there is a van going around wallasey still with one of those stupid horns, asking for scrap metal... (seen them tues pm) also have seen them pulling over at a property being emptied on Rycroft rd in wallasey, asking for the scraps to be told no.
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Stolen Property : Scrap Metal Thieves - 18th Nov 2011 6:00pm
Brilliant result nice to hear they got caught
© Wirral-Wikiwirral