Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 13th Oct 2011 8:54pm
I am so bl**dy angry right now!!!

I have just been for an evening ride on my scooter, came back and nipped up Cathcart Street, anyway got to the end and there was a group of what looked like kids on bikes, they were completely blocking the road and didn't move, I tooted my horn and ended up having to stop, one of them rode around me and one went to grab my arm. They were fully grown men, not kids and I wasn't scared, just really angry that people would do that. What were they trying to do steal my scooter?

No I haven't called the police, I don't think I can be bothered to be honest, the last few times I have called the police over things it has ended up in endless communication about the 'service' I received off them, and nothing was ever actually done!!

I will be sticking to the main roads in future I hate Birkenhead sometimes!! Sorry and I don't mean to offend anyone who lives in Cathcart Street, but seriously what is going on with people these days??
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 13th Oct 2011 9:12pm
I know what you mean! I have to loop round the streets by mine to avoid the different gangs and scary dog walkers, haha. It takes about ten minutes to do a three minute walk, and someone set the swings on fire in the park right by ours today, sigh! This is after dodging all the drunk guys outside the two pubs and pizza place if I'm coming back from uni. It'd be nice to walk home without worrying but what can you do!
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 13th Oct 2011 9:14pm
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
I know what you mean! I have to loop round the streets by mine to avoid the different gangs and scary dog walkers, haha. It takes about ten minutes to do a three minute walk, and someone set the swings on fire in the park right by ours today, sigh! This is after dodging all the drunk guys outside the two pubs and pizza place if I'm coming back from uni. It'd be nice to walk home without worrying but what can you do!

dunno
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 13th Oct 2011 9:15pm
What?
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 13th Oct 2011 9:23pm
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
What?

dunno
Posted By: nicky Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 9:55am
Which part of Cathcart was it? I work at the end by Corporation Road, and get a lot of druggys hanging round coz they all live in the flats at the end of the road. Always asking me during my lunch if they can use my phone, they must wonder why ive never got credit lol
Posted By: AlexB Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 10:18am
Simple; their parents dont love them, and they don't care.

Vicious circle as they'll reproduce and eventually the world will implode, starting with Birkenhead.

Hopefully I'll be dead by then but my offspring and future generations are going to have it worse.

Posted By: AR_One Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 11:57am
I know that you say you can't be bothered reporting it to the Police but have you tried CrimeStoppers? You can do it totally annonymously on their web site and from personal experience it really seems to work laugh
Posted By: brady Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 12:54pm
Bloody chavs, i hate them all, bloody low life .....Oh and all got to be dressed in black..if they put another colour on they would die of shock or get a nose bleed, we have the same problem in huyton...it all went down hill after they stopped capital punishment in schools...there was none of this when i was at school..people having kids to claim money off the social then kick the kids out to do there own thing..anything as long as it gets them out of there hair bloody ... bags, they tried to rob my bike keys(yamaha xjr 1300)while i was at the traffic lights..they get your keys, wait for you to get off your bike to chase them on foot..throw your keys to someone else and they take your bike, lucky i had my spare set on me, i used to shoot vermin (a while back) we have a new type of vermin now...CHAVS...
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 12:57pm
Originally Posted by brady
it all went down hill after they stopped capital punishment in schools..

!
Posted By: brady Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:10pm
Whats ! ????????
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:16pm
I do agree with you Brady spot on.
i think it should have been reported!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:22pm
Originally Posted by nicky
Which part of Cathcart was it? I work at the end by Corporation Road, and get a lot of druggys hanging round coz they all live in the flats at the end of the road. Always asking me during my lunch if they can use my phone, they must wonder why ive never got credit lol

a bit off topic, but what do you work as on corpy road haha, i would not phrase that place in future
Posted By: nicky Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:25pm
Haha i should have said Cleveland Street instead shouldnt i!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:26pm
certainly should have, in future when someone asks to use ur phone tell them it only phones deaf people haha
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:29pm
There's a gang of kids do this in Alvanley Place/Grange Road West. I drive slowly behind them and when I eventually get bored I pull a wheel spin and they s**t wink
Posted By: bert1 Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 1:40pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
it all went down hill after they stopped capital punishment in schools..

!

Attached picture firing_squad_2.jpg
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 2:32pm
Well said Bert, the old remedies are the best.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 2:41pm
Bert wasn't making a statement, he was explaining my post because brady didn't get it tease
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 3:04pm
I was making a statement.
Posted By: brady Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 3:07pm
I still dont get it...plain words work best for me lol, i gather you dont agree with capital punishment, if thats what you mean then each to there own lol, there was never any of this crap going on when there was capital punishment going on....just my opinion.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 3:14pm
Corporal punishment?

Attached picture Ear.jpg
Posted By: dave_h Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 3:17pm
should of took your helmet off and smashed him in the grid with it
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 3:35pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I was making a statement.

Sigh.

I still dont get it...plain words work best for me lol, i gather you dont agree with capital punishment, if thats what you mean then each to there own lol, there was never any of this crap going on when there was capital punishment going on....just my opinion.

Double sigh.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 4:01pm
Triple sigh.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 4:06pm
Sorry I sucked into this post with all the "sigh'ing"...
Posted By: olemuso Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 14th Oct 2011 4:41pm
ALWAYS tell the Police, and request a Crime Number. Not doing so artificially reduces the crime statistics, then the Home Office has even more false data to prove we don`t need so many coppers on the beat.
Report it
Report it
Report it
Every time
Please smile
Posted By: Tatey Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 8:23am
Should get "Pinz" to drive through there in his truck!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 8:51am
I was already contemplating that Tatey. Sadly, the Boadicia's Chariot type sword blades I wanted don't seem to be made with the 5 stud fixing for the Pinz wheels. Bummer!

Picking blood, guts and body parts out of the chunky tyre treads ain't a barrel of laughs. If it saves Sallybear being subjected to that load of oxygen thieves again, it will be worth it.

Sally's post was one of the most worrying I've read of late. It's getting to be the law of the jungle in parts of town. If it IS getting to be like the jungle, then Agent Orange and Napalm is the answer maybe ?
Posted By: GixerAde Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 9:13am
I see this going on nearly every night all over the Wirral while i'm working. I drive a Hackney and when your looking for house numbers you drive slowly down the roads. You get loads of these gangs standing or sitting on there bikes in the middle of the road dressed in black looking at you like what the hell are you doing in our street or refusing to move out the way. I've been doing this job for nearly 20 years on and off and it wasn't like this when i first started.

Ade
Posted By: Snickas Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 1:07pm
Originally Posted by GixerAde
I see this going on nearly every night all over the Wirral while i'm working. I drive a Hackney and when your looking for house numbers you drive slowly down the roads. You get loads of these gangs standing or sitting on there bikes in the middle of the road dressed in black looking at you like what the hell are you doing in our street or refusing to move out the way. I've been doing this job for nearly 20 years on and off and it wasn't like this when i first started.

Ade

I believe hackneys have their fair share of grief.
Last year, I got a hackney back from shopping and i just settled into the seat, put the seatbelt on and this water balloon exploded all over me!!!! We had just passed the lights where the bank is on the corner, round the one way system in Liscard. Taxi driver said it always happening frown

Totally share the thoughts about oxygen thieveing chavs.
Dunno where the heck their parents are...my kids would NEVER dream of doing anything of the sort!!! When my 2 oldests were younger, they helped the elderly with their gardens, washed their cars, walked their dogs, etc on their days off/holidays.
There are far more constructive jobs to do rather than harrassing people.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 6:34pm
Well I have now reported this, gave loads of information to the police. They haven given me a crime number but to be honest were more interested in the fact that I may have knocked one of these over while trying to 'escape' the situation than the effect on me!!

I didn't knock anyone over, I pushed someone out of my way and managed to get away. The police are now coming to look at my scooter on Monday - during work hours which has really pee'd me off, as this will be in full view of my work colleagues. And I can't class is as assault as I was not injured.

So crime statistics are now up to date, i have now been inconvenienced, made to feel like I am wasting police time, and have nothing but a third referral to victim support to show for this year!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Silverback Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 8:20pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
...............more interested in the fact that I may have knocked one of these over while trying to 'escape' the situation than the effect on me!!

I didn't knock anyone over, I pushed someone out of my way and managed to get away. The police are now coming to look at my scooter on Monday.....................

Sounds like one of the scrotes has reported you for leaving the scene of an accident, no reason to look at your scooter otherwise.

Lets hope his younger brother doesn't claim to have been riding the bike and only grabbed your arm instinctively to stop him falling over when you hit him.

Lets see, bird on scooter, with no witnesses on her behalf's word against half a dozen of mummies little angels, let's hope there's no scratches on the scooter.

Far fetched, maybe, maybe not, after all drivers/riders are cash cows for the police.

Maybe time for scooter/m/cycle riders to take a leaf out of the cyclists book, and invest in helmet cams.

Posted By: sean Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 15th Oct 2011 8:33pm
swap car for scooter and run the cnuts over next time
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 16th Oct 2011 5:20pm
i had to phone the police about 2 years ago, over my oldest lad getting jumped, we phoned the police, and they said we can come round but it will be about 11 pm or you can wait and Well Lane police station opens at 9am, i had to take my son up to Arrowe Park Hospital, so i said we will go to Well Lane in the morning, we got there at 9 am at 9.15 at last they opened, they said they can't do much as there was no proof, a broken nose and black eye, and the names of 2 lads who where there not good enough, we walk away gab smacked
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 16th Oct 2011 5:26pm
They try their best to reduce the crime figures by putting people off reporting them.

Performance targets are always the best way to stop things being done properly.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 18th Oct 2011 10:37am
Originally Posted by lemonhead
i had to phone the police about 2 years ago, over my oldest lad getting jumped, we phoned the police, and they said we can come round but it will be about 11 pm or you can wait and Well Lane police station opens at 9am, i had to take my son up to Arrowe Park Hospital, so i said we will go to Well Lane in the morning, we got there at 9 am at 9.15 at last they opened, they said they can't do much as there was no proof, a broken nose and black eye, and the names of 2 lads who where there not good enough, we walk away gab smacked

and they wonder why people take the law into their own hands
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 18th Oct 2011 8:18pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Well I have now reported this, gave loads of information to the police. They haven given me a crime number but to be honest were more interested in the fact that I may have knocked one of these over while trying to 'escape' the situation than the effect on me!!

I didn't knock anyone over, I pushed someone out of my way and managed to get away. The police are now coming to look at my scooter on Monday - during work hours which has really pee'd me off, as this will be in full view of my work colleagues. And I can't class is as assault as I was not injured.

So crime statistics are now up to date, i have now been inconvenienced, made to feel like I am wasting police time, and have nothing but a third referral to victim support to show for this year!!!!!!!!
I can't believe this; a solo female, riding a scooter, is harrassed and intimidated by a group of adult men, such that she fears for her safety and had to take evasive action to escape; and the police are not only, not taking your complaint seriously and acting upon it but are instead, implying that YOU did something wrong? That is utterly RIDICULOUS! Maybe they had rather you were reporting a gang-rape (or worse)????
Sounds like something that ought to go to the national Media. Something is VERY wrong with this picture.....
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Cathcart Street Gang on Bikes!! - 1st Nov 2011 6:47pm
UPDATE:

Had a call from one of Birkenhead's finest today while at work, was on my lunch so took his call. He basically told me that as there was no evidence about the incidence there was nothing they could do. I ended up arguing with him (too much coffee on my part) that surely they could sit in their car in the area and question people on bikes, or knock on some doors and he said they don't have the people/man power to do this. No one was hurt, and nothing actually happened.

I am so annoyed, the Police really don't give a sh*t any more, my dad was stopped and breathalised outside his own home yesterday because a copper who had followed him all the way from the tunnel to Oxton decided that he pulled away from traffic lights too 'briskly' to be driving normally. He was not drunk and never once broke the speed limit, but they won't invest the same time and effort after I was nearly Scooter Jacked!!

Helmet Cam in the offering now, really thinking about this!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral