Forums
Posted By: Nelzy84 body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 6:57am
Anyone heard anything about this, i've read on a number of FB uodates today that a body has been discovered hanging in the meadow, i know facebook is hardly the most reliable source but thought it was worth a mention?
Posted By: LATEBOY Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 7:37am
Police there all last evening.
Posted By: Zola34 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 7:41am
There were 4 police cars and an ambulance there around 8.30pm last night, all were empty so I assume they were on the meadow. Heard the same that someone found hanged, not found anything about it though.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 7:58am
Very sad, few people have confirmed it was a chap found hanging, a bloke reported it at the premier lodge in Greasby,
Posted By: Clive Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 10:38am
A WIRRAL teenager was found dead near a field on Monday night.

Police were called to the scene in Ganneys Meadow Road, Greasby at around 8.20pm where they found a 19-year-old man.

His death is not being treated as suspicious and has been referred to the coroner

Source
Posted By: Mosaic Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 10:51am
It's confusing, as the Globe reports it as being in a different place.

Desperately sad - my heart goes out to the lad's family.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 11:00am
there really need to be more help for these people who find that this is the only option.

feel sorry for the family and for this person, who obviously could not find the help he needed
Posted By: Sanchez Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 11:03am
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
there really need to be more help for these people who find that this is the only option.

feel sorry for the family and for this person, who obviously could not find the help he needed

Some people have come to terms with the fact they dont want to live. Its their choice but I dont agree with doing it in public to cause further upset to public and family.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 12:18pm
Sad
Posted By: scary Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 12:24pm
have they made a mistake. with the area i know there is a ganneys meadow on the woodchurch eastate.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:14pm
Yeah Scary

It was Greasby Meadow between the pub and Sainsburys Upton,

Police tape was apparantly up around the first woods
Posted By: scary Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:29pm
i feel sorry for his family and for the person who found him. he has taken the cowards way out of life. and only leaving sorrow for all his family and those who knew him.sorry if people dnt like my opinion but thats the way i see it as again my thaughts. go out to all who knew him
Posted By: Sanchez Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:32pm
Originally Posted by scary
i feel sorry for his family and for the person who found him. he has taken the cowards way out of life. and only leaving sorrow for all his family and those who knew him.sorry if people dnt like my opinion but thats the way i see it as again my thaughts. go out to all who knew him

I wouldnt say he was a coward, he clearly wasnt bothered too much about his own life so why should he care about others..Just his state of mind im afraid.
Posted By: davaw1 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:53pm
This was my little baby brother everyones talking about here.

I'm in bits and don't know why he done it, he seemed in a perfectly fit state of mind last night.

He was Autistic and what ever was on his mind he has just bottled up and couldn't take it anymore.

RIP to the my little baby and only brother, the best brother anybody could ask for, i will always love you.
Posted By: barbdanny Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:54pm
this young man is and was my neighbour and the news of his death has greatly shocked us. he was loved by all his family and like us i suppose they 2 r asking themselves WHY ..I wont name him out of respect 4 his family.. but yes he lived on the woodchurch. im am saddened that people say he took the cowards way out but u need guts to take ur own life and yes he leaves devastation behind but ur mind is else were... god go with him and his family
xx
Posted By: Greenwood Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:56pm
Oh dear... very sad. Horrible experience for whoever found him, too. Used to be one of my favourite dog walk areas, haven't walked there for some time. A lake used to be in that first clump of trees, though dry seasons would shrink it; there would be a blaze of yellow flag irises among the trees in summer, quite beautiful. It's usually called Upton Meadow, not Greasby meadow - or maybe people in Upton call it Greasby, and vice versa? Ganneys Meadow Road is in Woodchurch.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:57pm
Sad news R.I.P young man.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 1:58pm
Originally Posted by davaw1

I'm in bits and don't know why he done it, he seemed in a perfectly fit state of mind last night.

He was Autistic and what ever was on his mind he has just bottled up and couldn't take it anymore.

RIP to the my little baby and only brother, the best brother anybody could ask for, i will always love you.

sorry for your loss, and i will appologise on behalf of wikiwirral if anything said has offended you. im sure it was a general discussion and not aimed at you or your family. our thoughts and prayers are with you all
Posted By: barbdanny Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 2:04pm
thinkin of u dave and ur mum.he turned out 2 b a lovely young man alwasy said hiya and he was so made up when he passed his drivin test.. always think of the good times dave xx
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 2:12pm
Dava so sorry to hear that mate, thoughts are with you and the family, you know yopu have a network of support here if you need it mate
Posted By: AlexB Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 2:19pm
Sorry for your loss mate.

Posted By: lansyp Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 2:23pm
Deepest sympathys mate
Posted By: puntoar Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 2:24pm
VEry sad news, sorry for your loss
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 3:12pm
How very sad for you and your family, my deepest sympathy to you all.
Posted By: karenjon Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 3:27pm
so sad ,sorry for yor loss
Posted By: Snickas Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 3:29pm
So sorry to hear of your loss Dave, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 4:00pm
So very sorry that such a young life has gone. My sympathies to all who knew him.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 4:02pm
very sorry to hear this dave, my heart felt condolances go out to you and your family.
Posted By: JuzDunn Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 4:07pm
The police gave out that address in an official press release to the media in error and have said they are going to apologise to the family.

A very sad incident not made any easier by a cock up like that.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 4:50pm
So very sorry for your loss Dave.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 5:01pm
Hello Davaw1 Firstly thank you for taking the time to let every one on wiki know that this young man who has so tragically taken his own life has left behind a broken hearted family .My deapest thoughts are for all of your family,You must be going through hell June
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 5:33pm
SO sorry for your loss Dave, such a tragic loss of a young life, our thoughts are with you & the rest of your family Dave.
Posted By: Wench Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 5:39pm
Bloody hell fire Dave! *hugs* for you all. If you need anything, give us a shout. If you've not got my number anymore, just holler mate. Take care of you xx

RIP fella xx
Posted By: markmagoo Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 5:51pm
Its such a shame that so many young lives have been lost this year,my thoughts go out to all families who have suffered the trauma's.

Posted By: Mosaic Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 6:37pm
Originally Posted by markmagoo
Its such a shame that so many young lives have been lost this year,my thoughts go out to all families who have suffered the trauma's.

Very much so, Mark.

Dave, we can't begin to imagine what you and the family are going through. Your brother sounded a lovely young man.
Posted By: cookie Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 7:02pm
Sending sympathy to you and your family Davaw xx
Posted By: Wheels Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 7:08pm
RIP mate, hope you are ok Dava frown
Posted By: moonpig Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 8:50pm

So so sorry for your Loss. Thinking of you and your family through out this tragic time your are going through. Cant imagine what you must be going through. Hugs and deepest sympathies to you and all who knew him xxxx
Posted By: suey30 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 9:47pm
sorry to here of your loss davaw.sympathy to you and your family xx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 10:19pm
So sorry for your loss Dava, Thoughts are with you & your family... RIP
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 10:22pm
Tragic ... thoughts go out to you and your family Davaw
Posted By: happybunnie Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 10:24pm
Such a tragic loss. Rest in peace. x
Posted By: davaw1 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 11th Oct 2011 11:53pm
Thanks for the messages everyone and a special thanks to my neigbours barbra and danny x
Posted By: Zola34 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 12th Oct 2011 6:42am
Very sad frown

Some of the comments on here are not very appropriate, he was only very young and obviously couldn't help how he felt.

So many young lives in the last few weeks.
Posted By: rocks Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 12th Oct 2011 7:53am
thoughts are with the family x
Posted By: Rachiimoo Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 12th Oct 2011 10:49am
It was my dad who found him. He tried to save him but it was too late.. He did everything he could. I am so sorry for the loss, it's such a tragic way to go frown We send our deepest condolences to you and your family and you have our sympathies.
Posted By: AlexB Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 12th Oct 2011 10:52am
Thoughts are with your family too Rach, not a nice thing for your Dad to come across.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 12th Oct 2011 11:18am
Oh no this sad news,
my condolences go out to the family!
Posted By: davaw1 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 12th Oct 2011 10:01pm
Check your inbox please rach.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 12:10pm
Just found out:(
So so sorry dava frown
My thoughts are with you and your family
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 12:47pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
Thoughts are with your family too Rach, not a nice thing for your Dad to come across.

withthat Thoughts are also with you
Posted By: Rachiimoo Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 2:10pm
Originally Posted by Nelzy84
Originally Posted by AlexB

withthat Thoughts are also with you

Thank you, we appreciate it
Posted By: chris58 Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 3:20pm
So sorry for you loss Dava thinking of you and your family. How awful for you Dad Rach. My thoughts are with both families x
Posted By: Katryn Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 7:51pm
Originally Posted by scary

cowards way out???

how insensitive! how the hell do you know what this person was going through at the time of him/her making the decision to do what they did????
Posted By: Katryn Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 7:52pm

my thoughts are with you at this very sad and difficult time, having gone through the same kind of experience.
Posted By: Katryn Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 7:53pm
Originally Posted by barbdanny
this young man is and was my neighbour and the news of his death has greatly shocked us. he was loved by all his family and like us i suppose they 2 r asking themselves WHY ..I wont name him out of respect 4 his family.. but yes he lived on the woodchurch. im am saddened that people say he took the cowards way out but u need guts to take ur own life and yes he leaves devastation behind but ur mind is else were... god go with him and his family
xx

Couldnt agree more x
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 13th Oct 2011 8:50pm
R.I.P Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: barbdanny Re: body found hanging in Greasby meadow - 15th Oct 2011 8:19am
dave if u get this in time ive sent u a request on f book so i can ask u sumthing dont no any other way 2 get hold of u and ur inbox on here is full so cant ask in private but we (neighbours) need 2 ask a question u can inbox a number i can get u on if u want xxx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral