Forums
Posted By: jemarc europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 4:54pm
some idiot driving a europcar transit van just hit my parked car on borough road and just got off. my son was in the car but didnt get the reg.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 5:01pm
Look for cameras on shops etc in the vicinity and try to narrow down the time it might have passed. Also phone up the rental company and say which part of the van made contact - they'll look out for it on returns.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 5:03pm
Originally Posted by jemarc
some idiot driving a europcar transit van just hit my parked car on borough road and just got off. my son was in the car but didnt get the reg.

Thats bang out of order. Hope your son is ok.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 5:09pm
yeah as digging deeper said as was done by other member couple of months ago and they will check the vans when returned UNLESS it was an employee who is using it
Posted By: jemarc Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 5:20pm
thanks guys, informed police and also rang europcar said they will check vans but not holding my breath as they said it could of been hired from anywhere. wnt be hard to spot as all the paint of van is on my back bumper. gunna have a scout around after tea. could be someone local to where it happend has hired it. i will find it...im very persistant lol x
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 5:27pm
thanks guys, informed police and also rang europcar said they will check vans but not holding my breath as they said it could of been hired from anywhere. wnt be hard to spot as all the paint of van is on my back bumper. gunna have a scout around after tea. could be someone local to where it happend has hired it. i will find it...im very persistant lol x

Good luck mate, i really hope you do find it.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 6:17pm
What part of borough road was it ?
Posted By: PeterLFC Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 19th Sep 2011 8:42pm
There has been one of these vans by my shop on Borough rd all day today and last week, bottom of parkhill rd. it will prob be there tomorrow ill have look and let u know
Posted By: jemarc Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 7:22am
thanks Peter, much appreciated i only live round the corner so will also keep a check myself too x
i was parked outside sayers and co-op
Posted By: StuyMac Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 7:57am
Good luck, fingers crossed it rocks up at the local depot wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 8:38am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Good luck, fingers crossed it rocks up at the local depot wink

Yeah and report them for their cheek, your son could of been injured!
Posted By: jemarc Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 12:15pm
thanks all, especially peterlfc went down to borough road this morning and just as i came out the shop the van pulled up, had a word and he followed me down to the police station, was only a young lad about 18yrs old, said he didnt know he done it...funny that, as my son said when he beeped the horn at him he stopped looked in his mirror and then drove off. WHATEVER!!!
Posted By: sean99789 Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 12:17pm
great result hope it all gets sorted out for you
if you have the reg report to the local depot and they will know who it is to be carefull in future
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 12:21pm
Originally Posted by sean99789
great result hope it all gets sorted out for you
if you have the reg report to the local depot and they will know who it is to be carefull in future

Yeh & he will have to pay rental depot for damage to the van.
Posted By: reddragon Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 12:27pm
great result jemarc that's his deposit gone and thumbsupmore
Posted By: jemarc Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 12:37pm
already reported to europcar, thanks all x
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 12:55pm

and find it you did, excellent result.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 1:25pm
The police will probably accept that he didn't know he hit you, they did in my case despite an independent witness.

Anyway, you have insurance details to sort out your car now which is good and hopefully a sheepish 18 year old who has found out that white van man isn't as anonymous as he thought. I wouldn't like to be paying his insurance next year!

Posted By: MrBrightside Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 2:09pm
he shouldnt be driving a van if hes 18 unless on COI
Posted By: jemarc Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 3:39pm
he is on company own insurance x
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 20th Sep 2011 4:27pm
cool as good job really his day could of got alot worse
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: europcar transit van just hit my car - 21st Sep 2011 10:51am
Well done fellahs, great co-op. Hope the pillock gets retribution.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral