Forums
Posted By: Mally Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 8:45am
Just looking on wirralcam and there looks to be quiet a few police and police vans in the car park at fort perch rock, any one know what's going on?
Posted By: Snickas Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 8:49am
they seem to be looking on the beach frown

I hope its nothing bad or sad frown

clicky click
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 8:58am
Woman's body was found at 7am by dog walker.
Source....Radio Merseyside
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:01am
Originally Posted by Bezzymate

Oh, no...how sad.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:03am
frown

[Linked Image] lady
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:03am
God that's awfull:(
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:27am
Oh dear frown
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:29am
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Meant to add that the police said her death at the moment is 'unexplained'.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 10:15am
BODY FOUND ON BEACH AT NEW BRIGHTON
Published August 29, 2011 | By Editor

The body of a woman has been found on the beach at New Brighton this morning

The body was discovered by a dog walker near Fort Perch Rock at seven o’clock this morning

The woman is believed to be in her 20s but so far the cause of death is unexplained.

mersey magazine online
Posted By: mariejane2401 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:04am
It is on sky news aswell.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:13am
Breaking News on bbc (website)
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:16am
thoughts go out to the family
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:28am
How sad. This is the second body this year to be found round there.

Its even being reported on Sky news.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:55am
How sad - RIP.

Kev - second this year? When/where was the first?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 12:02pm
It was April or May. I remember because it was the day after I was there the previous night doing some photography. It seemed weird as I could have stumbled upon it myself. There was a thread running on here about it at the time but I can't find it.
Posted By: SteveDJ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 12:56pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Breaking News on bbc (website)

just saw this very sad news on the bbc website also, believed to be in her 20s.

r.i.p.
Posted By: A_L_K Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 1:21pm
So sad! Thoughts are with her family & friends!
Such a horrible ending to the bank holiday
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 1:48pm
so sad,My thoughts are with her family at this sad time frown
R.i.p
Posted By: barney60 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 2:30pm
Very sad news.... R.I.P
Posted By: suzim Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:12pm
It was a 17 year old girl, she went to Upton with my daughter, we don't know what happened, but its so sad, such a waste
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:22pm
very sad RIP
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:26pm
17 - anything to do with a-level results maybe? won't speculate but its first thing that springs to mind frown RIP
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 9:39pm
does anybody know her name?heard a name on twitter but dont know how true it is!!!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 10:18pm
Sad news R.I.P
Posted By: muddypaws Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:01pm
Just to let you all know on here, a facebook page has not long been set up for the memory of Hayley xxxx, the young girl on the beach, no other details have been put out.....R.I.P Sweet Angel x

Admin Notice : Its very debatable if we should post the full details of a persons name in these situations. We try to think of the worse case where the information is not correct as its from a 3rd party. On wiki we only disclose the persons Full Name on the public forum if we can also link it to an official source. Facebook and such are not an official sources in our opinion. This is out of respect to local members and families. Thank you.
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:13pm
Tragic news. Much sympathy to her family and friends frown
Posted By: Volly Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:37pm
absolutely awful
Posted By: EmmaPanais Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:45pm
Hayley, a friend of mine. Started with a beach trip with her friends and boyfriend and ended in tragedy. 17 year old girl, full of life, unbelievable news. So sad, rest in peace Hayles x
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 29th Aug 2011 11:55pm
So sad and you will sadly miss her. Sorry to hear this hun! xxxx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 5:15am
RIP Hayley. Sad news.

A very good looking girl who clearly had so much in front of her.

Thought go out to all family and friends, especially our mutual ones.
Posted By: Mark Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 6:46am
Admin Notice : Its very debatable if we should post the full details of a persons name in these situations. We try to think of the worse case where the information is not correct as its from a 3rd party. On wiki we only disclose the persons Full Name on the public forum if we can also link it to an official source. Facebook and such are not an official sources in our opinion. This is out of respect to local members and families. Thank you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 7:52am
I agree wholeheartedly with that Mark, but to my mind it doesn't come any more official than the word of a friend of mine, who was good friends with the deceased.

Posted By: Snickas Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 8:13am
17!!!

omg how awful frown
my dd's 16, I don't know if there is a right choice of words for something as shocking as this, I only know as a mother, it is our biggest fears and worst nightmares, my world would've ended frown

May you rest in peace Hayley.

Thoughts and prayers to her poor dear family and friends frown xxxx
I just hope & pray, they find some peace in themselves during the next couple of weeks frown
Posted By: AR_One Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 8:35am
Seems that it's official, merseyside Police have said drowning:

http://merseymagazine.co.uk/2011/08...body-was-found-on-beach-at-new-brighton/

http://www.juicefm.com/news?id=33058
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 8:39am
Sad, so sad.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 8:40am
Rest in peace Hayley, our thoughts are with the family at this moment, every parents worst nightmare.
Posted By: rocks Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 9:49am
very sad news thoughts are with family and friends
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 10:41am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...es__found_drowned_at_New_Brighton_beach/

Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 10:44am
So sad such a pretty girl with her whole life ahead of her. Rest in peace.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 12:17pm
I'm hearing that her boyfriend is still missing...
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 1:02pm
He is still missing... His family and friends are increasingly worried and ask if anyone has seen or heard from him to please get in touch.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 1:14pm
So Sorry to hear this far too young to go, hope the boyfriend is ok
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 1:23pm
Originally Posted by ema_lou
He is still missing... His family and friends are increasingly worried and ask if anyone has seen or heard from him to please get in touch.

Why is this not being more widely circulated? The papers should have this story and be running with it!

It shouldn't have to be second hand info which adds to the rumour mill. I got it from a credible source but feel as though I shouldn't be passing it on for fear of getting something wrong.

Posted By: poodlepup Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 1:28pm
Awful news RIP Hayley.
Posted By: consho Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 1:42pm
Mersey Magazine
URGENT APPEAL FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE WHEREABOUTS OF HAYLEYS MISSING BOYFRIEND
Published August 30, 2011 | By Editor | Edit
Detectives investigating the unexplained death of Hayley Holmes are growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of her boyfriend Robbie Crofts

Hayley’s body was found on the beach at Fort Perch Rock in New Brighton, Wirral at 7am on Monday, August 29. A post mortem examination established the cause of death as drowning.

Robbie was last seen by his parents at around 8pm on Sunday night. The 21-year-old was Hayley’s boyfriend and detectives believe the pair had spent Sunday together in Liverpool city centre.

A pair of women’s sandals and a pair of men’s Converse trainers were found close to where Hayley’s body was discovered by a dog-walker on Monday morning, along with a mobile phone.

Detectives strongly believe the trainers and phone belong to Robbie and the sandals were Hayley’s.

They are extremely concerned for Robbie’s safety and welfare and are appealing for anyone who has seen Robbie since Sunday night to get in touch.

Detective Inspector Rachel Wilson from Birkenhead CID, said: “We are growing increasingly concerned for Robbie’s wellbeing and would appeal for anyone who has seen him to urgently get in touch.

“We now know that Robbie and Hayley were together on Sunday night and had spent the day at the Mathew Street music festival in Liverpool before returning to Robbie’s home in New Brighton for a short while.

“They were not seen by friends or family after around 8pm, but some of their belongings have been found on the beach, near to where Hayley’s body was found. We are understandably very concerned about Robbie, as are his family, and we would appeal for anyone with any information to get in touch.”

Robbie, who is from New Brighton, is described as being white, aged 21, of stocky build and around 5ft 8ins tall, with blue eyes and short black hair.
Detectives are treating Hayley’s death as ‘unexplained’ and Robbie’s disappearance as a missing person enquiry

Anyone with information is asked to call Birkenhead CID on 0151 777 2263
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 1:52pm
Fits with the story that they went for a swim.

FFS, I hope this doesn't turn into a double tragedy.

Come on Robbie, show your face pal!!!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:03pm
fingers crossed for that
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:29pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
Originally Posted by ema_lou

Why is this not being more widely circulated? The papers should have this story and be running with it!

It shouldn't have to be second hand info which adds to the rumour mill. I got it from a credible source but feel as though I shouldn't be passing it on for fear of getting something wrong.

I know same here!! I can only assume someone is only classed as officially 'missing' after a certain period of time... Hoping he is found safe soon, especially for his little girls sake!!
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:39pm
updates;

http://merseymagazine.co.uk/turners-review/

Lets pray for robbie crofts safe return as they have found his converse & mobile phone along with hayleys sandals close to where Hayleys body was found.

My thoughts are with all the family at this worrying time frown
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:43pm
I'm sorry i typed the wrong link with this information, im not very good with computers!!
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:44pm
http://merseymagazine.co.uk/2011/08/urgent-appeal-for-information-about-the-whereabouts-of
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:45pm
Clicky for Image of Robbie so you know who you are looking for.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:51pm
All I can do is tweet the pic I guess.

Hope he's found.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 2:56pm
there is now a pic of robbie on the memory page for hayley on facebook to help the 7000+ people help find him

hope he is found safe

r.i.p to hayleys family did not know her but thoughts go to family and friends
Posted By: consho Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 4:40pm
www.merseymagazine.co.uk

There are now growing fears for the safety of a 21 years old man from New Brighton who has not been seen since he and his girlfriend Hayley Holmes left his parents house shortly after eight o'clock on Sunday evening

17 years old Hayley's body was found on the beach by Fort Perch Rock on Monday morning and a post mortem revealed the cause of death as drowning

There has been no sight though of her boyfriend Robbie Crofts and police now believe that both Hayley and Robbie could have gone into the water at New Brighton, possibly for a swim, sometime on Sunday night or very early Monday morning

There is no official confirmation for this belief, but articles found close to where Hayley's body was discovered, suggest that the two youngsters were at the waters edge together

Police believe a pair of sandals, a pair of trainers and mobile phone found on the beach belong to the couple.

Detective Inspector Rachel Wilson from Birkenhead CID, said: "We are growing increasingly concerned for Robbie's wellbeing and would appeal for anyone who has seen him to urgently get in touch.

"We now know that Robbie and Hayley were together on Sunday night and had spent the day at the Mathew Street music festival in Liverpool before returning to Robbie's home in New Brighton for a short while.

"They were not seen by friends or family after around 8pm, but some of their belongings have been found on the beach, near to where Hayley's body was found. We are understandably very concerned about Robbie, as are his family, and we would appeal for anyone with any information to get in touch."

Robbie, who is from New Brighton, is described as being white, aged 21, of stocky build and around 5ft 8ins tall, with blue eyes and short black hair.

Anyone with information is asked to call Birkenhead CID on 0151 777 2263.
Coastguards along the banks of the River Mersey are on the lookout for any signs of Robbie and here at Mersey Magazine, we offer our sincere sympathy to Hayley's family and pray for the safe return of Robbie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 4:46pm
I have to say, this is starting to look pretty cut and dry.

This is all over my Facebook etc, there's a lot of my friends affected by this.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 5:03pm
Robbie Croft used to live in our street, i hope he's found safe..
R.I.P Haley :0( Taken far to young..
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 5:14pm
I have to say, this is starting to look pretty cut and dry.

This is all over my Facebook etc, there's a lot of my friends affected by this.

Think we should stick to facts. I hope to god the young lad is ok.
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 5:20pm
withthat this is so sad and I hope the lad finds his way home ok,My thoughts go out to both Families
Posted By: newbrightonier Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 30th Aug 2011 8:05pm
anyone news on what time this was supposed to have happened? I was out walking at around 5pm on Sunday and took a few pics of the area, but the people in the pics mainly appear to be dog walkers.

I have to say the weather did turn quite dramatically and its highly unlikely anyone would've been swimming at that time. Also the sea was right out way past the lighthouse.

Hope Robbie turns up.
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 12:32am

http://merseymagazine.co.uk/2011/08/10-00-pm-update-robbie-crofts-still-missing/

praying for all the family frown
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 12:40am
Originally Posted by newbrightonier
anyone news on what time this was supposed to have happened? I was out walking at around 5pm on Sunday and took a few pics of the area, but the people in the pics mainly appear to be dog walkers.

As is posted in news sites below

“They were not seen by friends or family after around 8pm, but some of their belongings have been found on the beach, near to where Hayley’s body was found. We are understandably very concerned about Robbie, as are his family, and we would appeal for anyone with any information to get in touch.”
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 5:51am
Woke up hoping to see he'd been found but quietly doubting it.

Looking at his Facebook page, his mates are still posting for him to turn up, so looks like it's not happened.

Sad times.
Posted By: rocks Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 5:59am
you fret if your pet goes missing i couldnt even begin to imagine what the lads family are going through, im sure both families will be supporting each other, very sad for them!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 6:48am
Woke up hoping to see he'd been found but quietly doubting it.

Looking at his Facebook page, his mates are still posting for him to turn up, so looks like it's not happened.

Sad times.
Yes me too Alex.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 7:32am
Originally Posted by rocks
you fret if your pet goes missing i couldnt even begin to imagine what the lads family are going through, im sure both families will be supporting each other, very sad for them!

it is very sad and hope they find him safe
i can't comprehend how their families must be feeling, i have kids the same age
and cannot imagine how they feel..

thoughts are with both families of these 2 young people
Posted By: Boogles Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 9:27am
Hugely tragic and sad occurrence and my heart goes out to the families of those involved.

However, one must assume it is now only a matter of time...

Kind regards,
Ian
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 12:47pm

http://merseymagazine.co.uk/2011/08/7-30am-update-still-no-news-of-robbies-whereabouts/

I have to say this but its starting to look like a double tradegdy :'(
I do hope robbie gets home safe & sound
My heart goes out to both families, its heartbreaking </3
kind regards
betty x
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 5:44pm
have just seen on the facebook page that they are meeting at new brighton tonight to say goodbye to hayley and to pray.. from 9.30pm to pay respects

thanks
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 6:34pm
have they found robbie yet
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 6:44pm
They've got an underwater search going on this afternoon.

There were loads of TV cameras about etc earlier.

Facts still remain that they are known to have gone for a swim.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 6:45pm
no they havent but Merseyside Police are using the underwater search and marine unit, Coastguard and air operations group in the search for missing Robbie frown

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9225976.Police_using_underwater_unit_in_search_for_missing_Robbie/

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...guests_may_have_clues_to_missing_Robbie/
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 9:42pm
went down to fort perch rock this evening to pay my respects to the girl that was found. ther was quite a few people down ther to the left of the fort.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 31st Aug 2011 10:05pm
Hello Sarahdavo i popped down myself for a bit .It was getting quite busy there .So sad Iv`e gone in for a swim myself years ago coming out of the Chelsea over the road I suppose we were just lucky though .You don`t realize the dangers when your young My sympathy goes out to all concerned June
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 8:30am
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...bie-crofts-to-come-home-100252-29341660/
Posted By: jenscho Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 8:54am
Just read that article, its just so sad. I truely hope he gets back home safe and well
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 9:02am
Social media has a lot to answer for in my opinion.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 9:36am
The guy who found her with a fisherman drinks in the queens. Robbies mum and dad were in there last night before they went down to perch rock. I don't want to say to much out of respect, but some of the crap that's getting said on other sites is out of order.. Robbie and hayley were so happy in love.
Posted By: Mally Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 9:39am
withthat
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 10:14am
Someone also sent one of those 'broadcast' messages over Blackberry Messenger, I don't understand much as I don't have a BB, but the message spread like wildfire saying they'd found his body etc.

Rumours like this fcuk me off massively, having been on the receiving end of something similar years ago.

Decent kids by all accounts, loved by their friends and family but I'm afraid drowning after a few drinks isn't all that rare.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 10:18am
a few people recieved the broadcasts on facebook and then they put it as there status and that fcked me off so i had to put them straight as it is all over the help robbie pages about them..

sad sad people making stuff up like that, familys and friends going through enough

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 10:23am
Originally Posted by jessiikahh

sad sad people making stuff up like that, familys and friends going through enough

Too many people don't consider who may be reading it.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 1st Sep 2011 1:32pm

Sad that they'd only been together 3 weeks - hardly enough time to get to know each other frown I just hope they did have fun in the very short time they were together. It's a shame that there's always someone who wants to spread rumours. There's only 2 people who will ever know the truth - Hayley & Robbie. My thoughts are with their families.
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 2nd Sep 2011 7:39am
http://merseymagazine.co.uk/2011/09/robbies-family-to-do-television-appeal-for-information/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 2nd Sep 2011 9:47am
It's only really a small thing, but something I found sad is that on FB, Robbie has gone from 'In a relationship with Hayley Holmes' to 'In a relationship'.

Suppose that means someone has deactivated Hayley's account.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 2nd Sep 2011 9:58am
Suppose that means someone has deactivated Hayley's account.

No, means she was confirmed dead and Facebook set her account to it's special rip status.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 2nd Sep 2011 10:10am
Oh I see. Didn't know that existed. Cheers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 9:03am
[youtube]Cz_XgqhdvvE[/youtube]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 9:41am
I'm no longer surprised that they are throwing so many resources behind finding Robbie Crofts despite the obvious answer being that he drowned. Not after a conversation with one of the lifeguards down on the prom...

More to this than meets the eye and it's like a jigsaw made up of loads of little jigsaw pieces that don't fit...
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:02am
I thought of another theroy a couple of days ago too but I will keep an open mind as I dont really want to belive it nor help spread something on the internet that is likey not true.

I was down there on Wednesday night (not as a grief tourist, myself and my girlfreind usually go for a walk there) It was a very somber atmosphere there. There where flowers tied all along the railings and scattered on the rocks. Hand written trbutes and photos left by haleys school mates. Groups of mostly young people standing around trying to make sense of it all. Very sad.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:17am
I'm no longer surprised that they are throwing so many resources behind finding Robbie Crofts despite the obvious answer being that he drowned. Not after a conversation with one of the lifeguards down on the prom...

More to this than meets the eye and it's like a jigsaw made up of loads of little jigsaw pieces that don't fit...

Have some respect for the family!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:40am
In my mind there are three possibilities here:

1. The poor lad drowned aswell but didnt get washed up by the tide, in which case he will more than likely be crab meat by now.

2. He has staged a murder for what ever reason.

3. He banged his head in the cuurent, lost his memory and is wondering around clueless.

Hope its the third one, I wonder what conclusions the police are drawing.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:43am
It seems the police are as clueless as we all are. The "help us find him" seems vague, does that mean you want us to man boats and check the beaches or comb the streets?

Whatever the outcome, its not going to be good for the lad or his family and they have my condolences, for what they're worth.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:45am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
In my mind there are three possibilities here:

1. The poor lad drowned aswell but didnt get washed up by the tide, in which case he will more than likely be crab meat by now.

2. He has staged a murder for what ever reason.

3. He banged his head in the cuurent, lost his memory and is wondering around clueless.

Hope its the third one, I wonder what conclusions the police are drawing.
I don't think that describing him as possible crab meat will give his family much comfort at this very worrying time.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:47am
Well what do you think would be the best way to describe him?
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:50am
I think if you just said he is missing,everything else is just speculation.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:51am

Sleeping with the fishes?
Posted By: consho Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:54am
full marks to the respectful way in which Mersey Magazine has been covering this story
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:55am
Originally Posted by ludwigvan

Not that I am a qualified detective but if I sat down with a search team I would look at every eventuality, and yes including looking at every option. I say crab meat literally and not in the context of brown bread. The mersey is riddled with craps that will eat anything in a matter of hours.

What I was trying to say that if he didn't get washed up, unfortunatley there will be wont be much left of him to find.

This is a sad thing to happen and Im not trying to make fun of the situation.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:55am
Originally Posted by Gibbo
It seems the police are as clueless as we all are. The "help us find him" seems vague, does that mean you want us to man boats and check the beaches or comb the streets?

If it was a member of your famiily or close friend, wouldn't you want as many people as possible keeping an eye out? They probably are clueless - only 2 people know what really happened, and one is definitely dead! It took a week for the guy at Anglesey to wash up so in the great scheme of things, it's early days. Given the probable weight difference, I think it is logical to think that the lightest one would wash up first think
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 10:57am
Originally Posted by ludwigvan

Not that I am a qualified detective but if I sat down with a search team I would look at every eventuality, and yes including looking at every option. I say crab meat literally and not in the context of brown bread. The mersey is riddled with craps that will eat anything in a matter of hours.

What I was trying to say that if he didn't get washed up, unfortunatley there will be wont be much left of him to find.

This is a sad thing to happen and Im not trying to make fun of the situation.
Fairy nuff Sanchez.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 11:24am
If this poor lad has drown and to my mind it seems that way, the sea will give him up eventually and not necessarily around here. The Mersey has that many alternating currents, any 2 lifeless bodies will not always end up in the same place. Unfortunately i have seen 2 drowned bodies when working at Lairds, one was only in the water a few hours, the other they reckoned was in the water for about a month, the latter was still whole, not eaten away but very badley damaged and peeling skin. Lets hope for the family's sake there's a speedy conclusion to this.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 1:19pm
To my knowledge a body will usually get washed up after between 7 - 10 days
Posted By: neilb Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 1:41pm
a body from the mersey could be washed up on the welsh coast,morcambe bay or anywhere around the wirral.....9/10 its a dog walker that hapens to find the body.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 1:45pm
i think the people on here talking about what they think has happend to robbie really should keep their horrible opinions to themselves!!!!im not on about general worry for him im on about you sick mindless people who are on about crabs ect!!this lad is still missing and his family have to live with that,just imagine they see this site and whats been said!!they want the beliefe that he is still alive so at least give them that until he is found!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 2:14pm
I think they'll probably have more important things to do than trawl through websites looking for what anyone is saying, but can see your point too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 2:15pm
They'll also realise how it looks despite keeping hope.

Posted By: ex0__ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 2:29pm
Just for the hell of it I chose the 'he murdered her and went into hiding' path of thought since all of my colleagues said he had drowned (after the second or third day everyone knew those were the only 2 options, the second is obviously correct).

Realistically Sanchez/neilb is correct here, a body could get dumped miles and miles away with the mersey currents, that's if it didn't get caught up by any of the junk that's down on the riverbed.
Posted By: consho Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 2:49pm
thats what I meant by the respectful way Mersey Magazine is treating this news story
Posted By: karenh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 3:09pm
my daughter knows this poor lad very well, and we have been using this website to see if any news about where he is has come out. We are both disgusted and saddened to read comments that have been left on here today, about where he is and what may of happened. Have some respect!
He was a lovely lad and my thoughts are with the family at these times.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 3:17pm
If she's good friends with the lad then she won't need to check for news on here.

We all hope for the best case scenario to come out of this but nothing is written on here that every single person who knows about it will have thought at some point, parents and friends included.

Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 3:27pm
Originally Posted by karenh
my daughter knows this poor lad very well, and we have been using this website to see if any news about where he is has come out. We are both disgusted and saddened to read comments that have been left on here today, about where he is and what may of happened. Have some respect!
He was a lovely lad and my thoughts are with the family at these times.

No one is saying other wise, just looking at realistic possibilites. Is it wrong to discuss what has happen or what? If people are offended then best not to look, or infact remove the whole thread to save tears.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:09pm
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
i think the people on here talking about what they think has happend to robbie really should keep their horrible opinions to themselves!!!!im not on about general worry for him im on about you sick mindless people who are on about crabs ect!!this lad is still missing and his family have to live with that,just imagine they see this site and whats been said!!they want the beliefe that he is still alive so at least give them that until he is found!!

Agreed wink
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:12pm
or infact remove the whole thread to save tears.

Ugh. Protect the children and the over-emotional? Please.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:28pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-Crofts-It-is-time-to-come-home-son.html
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:34pm
Being realistic and by reading the facts the police have told us it does highly sadly sound the the lad has been swept away also so what ever way you look at it its what had highly likely to have happened.

The young girl drowned by the water and his things have been found not by were she was found but very close to the scene of her body.

The only strange thing at the moment is if he has been taken by the water then there is no chemicals showing in the water as yet to show he is in there so that is the only odd thing.

But what is the chances he would leave the scene on foot and not take his mobile phone and shoes?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:48pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
or infact remove the whole thread to save tears.

Ugh. Protect the children and the over-emotional? Please.

Bingo!
Posted By: Mark Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:49pm
Please bare in mind. . .

Notifynotify

opinionopinion
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:51pm
Originally Posted by The_Monk

The only strange thing at the moment is if he has been taken by the water then there is no chemicals showing in the water as yet to show he is in there so that is the only odd thing.

Can you expand on this please?
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:53pm
I believe that a body has been found on the shore near Rock ferry, got a text of me parents who live in new ferry and the shore area is crawling with police.

Posted By: mistybluered Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:54pm
apparently a body has been washed up on the old shore!
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 4:55pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
I believe that a body has been found on the shore near Rock ferry, got a text of me parents who live in new ferry and the shore area is crawling with police.

were about is the location mate
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 5:01pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz

were about is the location mate

Vague info but I think they meant between Lairds and New Ferry area.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 5:05pm
my mum came at about 1pm she said about police being around but i didnt take it in where she meant , but i suppose it must have something to do with what your saying,
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 5:13pm
According to 'Help find Robbie Crofts' facebook page this is an untrue rumour. The police were seeing to a girl stuck up a tree???
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 5:19pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
According to 'Help find Robbie Crofts' facebook page this is an untrue rumour. The police were seeing to a girl stuck up a tree???

Ah ok, my parents had been to visit me and when the got home police were everywhere and they were told by whoever what I said earlier.
Posted By: mistybluered Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 5:38pm
Yes sorry false alarm some one text saying that but it is a false alarm
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 5:46pm
Think it's the police presence on the shore, and chnese whispers. Sorry people I was as guilty too and should have said rumours instead.

Hope I haven't offended any friends or family or Robbie or Hayley.
Posted By: consho Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 3rd Sep 2011 7:13pm
7.00PM UPDATE…STILL NO NEWS ABOUT ROBBIE
Published September 3, 2011 | By Editor | Edit
Mersey Magazine is aware of a number of text messages and emails relating to major police activity in and around the Rock Ferry/ New Ferry shore line
As editor of Mersey Magazine I have made it my responsibility to check out with the police the substance or otherwise of these RUMOURS and I can tell you there is absolutely no substance whatsoever in them

Sadly Robbie is still missing and I would suggest that people disregard any stupid remarks in connection with the young mans disappearance

Here at Mersey Magazine, in continuing to extend out sympathy and thoughts to Hayley’s family, we also continue to hope and pray for a positive end to this very sad story

Editor….. Mersey Magazine

www.merseymagazine.co.uk
Posted By: LilJen Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 8th Sep 2011 8:50am
get back for uni n all hells broke loose round here
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 8th Sep 2011 9:02am
not really hell, its been more of a tragedy
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 12:21pm
I dont know the truth in this, but apparently a body has been washed up in woodside!! My source says she got this information off a lifeguard frown
Posted By: Clive Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 12:52pm
No Truth in it, I was at woodside from 1pm, uptill 10 mins ago
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:04pm
I thought as much.....To many gossips!! They need to get a life they dont realise they can upset many people especially the familys involved
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:07pm
BODY RECOVERED FROM THE RIVER
MERSEY
Published September 11, 2011 | By Editor
Merseyside Police is investigating following
the discovery of a body in the River Mersey
earlier today.
Officers were called by the Coastguard just
after 10am following reports that the body
had been seen near to the Wirral coastline
by Birkenhead. It was recovered from the
water and brought to Liverpool, where a
Home Office post mortem will take place
tomorrow.
While the body is yet to be identified it is
thought to be that of a man in his late
teens or early 20s.
An investigation is underway to establish
the identify of the man and the
circumstances surrounding his death.
Posted By: Clive Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:12pm
Originally Posted by Willo
No Truth in it, I was at woodside from 1pm, uptill 10 mins ago
I take that back
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:17pm
frown
Posted By: Dell1234 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:36pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...n-found-in-river-mersey-100252-29402088/
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:38pm
Originally Posted by beer_money
MERSEY
earlier today.
tomorrow.
teens or early 20s.

were is this information from?
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:41pm
Originally Posted by beer_money
MERSEY
earlier today.
tomorrow.
teens or early 20s.

were is this information from?

withthat
was womdering same thing due to just googled it and nothing came up about it :s

thanks
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:42pm

It was 1 post and 2 posts up respectively smile
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:43pm
yeah ive seen it now thanks smile awww very sad who ever it is anyway frown
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 1:44pm
mersey magazine frown
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 2:31pm
My thoughts for a family at this time. So sad.

Snod
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 3:10pm
its on the liverpool echo site.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 9:42pm
Sad. Inevitable, but sad.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.
Posted By: chris123 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 11th Sep 2011 10:02pm
Thats it if it who we think it is of course, yet to be identified
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 3:36am
True...
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 3:49pm
Thoughts are with robbies family and friends as his mum has confirmed it was him frown so sad

god only takes the best!!

R.I.P ROBBIE <3<3
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:00pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...ound_in_Mersey_is_missing_Robbie_Crofts/
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:03pm
R.I.P Robbie frown
Such A Shame:(
Thinking Of His Family And Friends
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:06pm
Oh dear, how very sad.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:08pm
Originally Posted by EmmaPanais
Hayley, a friend of mine. Started with a beach trip with her friends and boyfriend and ended in tragedy. 17 year old girl, full of life, unbelievable news. So sad, rest in peace Hayles x
I can't help wondering, who it was who posted this (only post this person ha ever made here) - as whomever it was, she/he seems to be saying a) not only s/he was a friend but b) that there were other people with them, at the beach ("beach trip with her friends")????
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:10pm
so sad
thoughts to family
Posted By: bettyboo Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:10pm
It has been confirmed the body found was robbie crofts frown
May he rest in peace with his beautiful girl Hayley holmes
2 angels together always @->---

Much love to both familys xxx
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:10pm
cvcvcv just typed her name into facebook she went to upton convent which is the school hayley went too.. but not sure where the "other" people came from unless they where there and then they got off before hayley and robbie entered the water

Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:15pm
Just concerned in case someone possibly knows something and maybe is scared to come forward... I hadn't realized until today that maybe it wasn't just the two of them at the beach...?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:17pm
glad his body has turned up, at least his family and friends can lay him to rest
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:27pm
Sad news, I hope his family and friends can get some closure now.

Posted By: ex0__ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 4:39pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Just concerned in case someone possibly knows something and maybe is scared to come forward... I hadn't realized until today that maybe it wasn't just the two of them at the beach...?

Gasp, maybe the police haven't thought of this! Quick Watson, grab your cloak and my hat!

Was never any doubt he was dead, all things considered I'm glad they at least have a body to bury.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 5:16pm
So sad rip
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 5:35pm
Just driven through Liscard and there's a group outside Duke's crying their eyes out.

Such a sad situation which brings back memories over the course of the last 8 years where I've lost 3 friends, 2 to car crashes and 1 to a freak accident.

I know exactly what they're all going through and having been through it I'm 100% certain their friendships will get them through it and they'll come out the other side a lot closer so if anything can be taken from this tragedy, then that can.

Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 5:41pm
Yes it really brings it home.
Truly tragic - but even for the rest of us who are not directly impacted, it reminds us all, just how fragile life is - and therefore, how precious. We tend to forget this all too easily....
Posted By: Wench Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 6:06pm
I'm glad he was finally found, just sad that it was in this form frown At least now the family and friends can lay him to rest and all the local idiots may shut up now. Such a waste of 2 young, promising & beautiful individuals lives.

I'd like to think that it may serve as some form of lesson to others that the river is not a place to be in without the correct PPE, whether drunk or sober. There's been days when it looks like it's made of glass as it's so calm, but it's deceptive. Sadly, I fear it will be all too soon forgotten, a bit like the railway deaths frown

RIP Robbie. Thoughts are with his family & friends.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 6:37pm
R.I.P Robbie frown
Thoughts to both Robbies and Hayleys families frown
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 12th Sep 2011 6:38pm
It's scary how calm and peaceful it can look, sometimes like a mill pond. But underneath it's a whole diffrent story and the tide and currents are so strong and can drag you out so quick.

RIP Robbie so sad frown
Posted By: Clive Re: Police By Fort Perch Rock - 22nd Sep 2011 8:32am
The funeral of a young man from New Brighton, who drowned with his girlfriend last month, will take place today.
21 years old Robbie Crofts was last seen alive at around eight o’clock on the evening of August Bank Holiday Monday, having been to the Mathew Street Festival with his girlfriend Hayley Holmes

Hayley’s body was discovered on the beach by Fort Perch Rock the following morning, but it was two weeks before a crew member on the Birkenhead to Belfast ferry spotted Robbie’s body in the River Mersey.

Robbie’s funeral will take place at Landican Cemetery this afternoon at two o’clock

His family have requested that instead of floral tributes, donations should be made to the RNLI in Robbie’s memory.

Source
© Wirral-Wikiwirral