Forums
Posted By: jenscho moreton attempted child snatch - 21st Aug 2011 11:54pm
Has anyone heard of there being an attempt by two men in a car to snatch a girl from her front garden? Read it on Facebook a few times so It may be a load of rubbish but it would be good to know
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 6:00am
It was a little boy and it was from his back garden. Two Asian men tried to grab him while the mother was apparently hanging washing out. I was phoned by my daughter at 9am who informed me as it was her good friends friend it happened to.
Posted By: jenscho Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:45am
OH my god that's dreadful, you would think your back garden would be completely safe!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:47am
what is this world coming too, thank goodness the mother was outside with him..
i hope they catch these men mad
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:49am
Yes I think this is true,I have had text,facebook updates and bbm messages about this,discrace!!!
Find these men!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:11am
Is this like, 5th hand information? People taken in by facebook spam again -.-
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:14am
Well I think there has to be some truth in it!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:16am
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR

Didn't you say that about the last spam message that got posted here?

This is strange because I'm looking at all the local printed toilet paper and I'm not seeing a single story about it. Something this high profile would be on every website from wirral globe to the sun about 5 mins after it happened. It's not because it's not true - people are just stupid.
Posted By: jenscho Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:20am
I wouldn't say people are stupid, I asked the question because IF it is true then people do need to be made aware of it! My husband was just saying last night how much news we do not hear about, like it was all over the national news about a lad in London being stabbed but nothing at all about the woman being stabbed in Wallasey. You would think if it's true it would be all over the news but sometimes it's not
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:25am
yeah lots of our news never really hits the news. in all fairness if all the general news was caught i would not begrudge paying 30p for a weekly wirral globe or wallasey news. but it is hrdly ever worth reading as they r free papers and its touch and go if you recieve one weekly!
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:30am
The incident happened on stavordale road. The person that informed my daughter at the time of the incident had just been on the phone to the boys mother. I believe this to be true as the woman is not one to lie or spread untrue stories. Until it is put in the local papers etc people will always assume things to be idle gossip etc !!!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:33am
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
yeah lots of our news never really hits the news. in all fairness if all the general news was caught i would not begrudge paying 30p for a weekly wirral globe or wallasey news. but it is hrdly ever worth reading as they r free papers and its touch and go if you recieve one weekly!
with that!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:36am
Originally Posted by ex0__
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR

Didn't you say that about the last spam message that got posted here?

This is strange because I'm looking at all the local printed toilet paper and I'm not seeing a single story about it. Something this high profile would be on every website from wirral globe to the sun about 5 mins after it happened. It's not because it's not true - people are just stupid.

Lol I hope the stupid remark wasn't aimed at anyone!
Didn't know you where taking noticed of some of my posts!
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:37am
Must be true if it's on facebook.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:39am
People are too quick to pass rumours on as news. Social media makes this worse.

Someone says one thing and its plastered everywhere by everyone in seconds.

Posted By: Spannerhead Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:42am
As ojoe55 said,

The incident happened on stavordale road. The person that informed my daughter at the time of the incident had just been on the phone to the boys mother. I believe this to be true as the woman is not one to lie or spread untrue stories.

Straight from the horses mouth.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:46am
Originally Posted by Nobody

a rumour started lst week that jackie chan had died and i seen people writing rip on facebook, some people are easily fooled and like you say social media is a powerful tool for creating untrue rumours
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:53am
2 Asians?
Yeah ok.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:57am
Was probably the father trying to snatch his kid & get on next flight to Iran.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:58am
Yeah, that'll be it, I'll put it on Twitter now.
Posted By: Snickas Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:20am
it doesn't matter wether its true or not, but if it helps to make 'some' parents more vigilant about where their children are, then its worth it to say the least.

Posted By: Spannerhead Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:31am
With you 100%
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:34am
Can you make it sound more shocking? Say they were driving a 69 Shelby GT smile
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 12:02pm
I was writing this on my hubby's forum as i am not a member, and shall not bother writing anything again. I was just answering the first comment as i actually recieved the information about the attempted snatch. I do not lie and spread untuths either unless i get it from the horses mouth.
Posted By: jenscho Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 3:09pm
I don't disbelieve you!! I just wanted to know if there was any truth to the rumour, I will not let my little boy play out the front of our house coz you obviously don't know who is about but I always thought the back would be fine as there is no 'public access' to passing traffic or people; just goes to show though that you can't be too careful. Did she tell you the circumstances ojoe?
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 6:26pm
I will ask and try to find out more info
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:02pm
Next it will be salad eaten in birkenhead rumours lol
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:03pm
Posted By: jen8505 Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:14pm
glad to see a lot of you making fun out of a situation that may or may not be true. If my daughter was older I would like to know if there was a possibility that someone was going round trying to snatch kids. As for latching on to the facebook thing, you seem to have ignored the fact someone was saying they had spoken to the mother of the child. stop attacking people who are trying to warn people to evil people
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:16pm
were not making fun, we hve had pure md theories on here recently dont tke it to heart its not aimed at u the comments r regrding a larger issue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 7:30pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Can you make it sound more shocking? Say they were driving a 69 Shelby GT smile

raftl
Posted By: ex0__ Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 9:54pm
Originally Posted by Snickas
it doesn't matter wether its true or not, but if it helps to make 'some' parents more vigilant about where their children are, then its worth it to say the least.

It doesn't matter if its true or not? Needless panic and worry is all good?

Fine, in that case a good friend of a friend who walks my friends dog who knows a guy that lives in egypt and has a cousin that I spoke to on msn once told me that there's been a huge bombing in liscard and birkenhead!!!111one Doesn't matter if its true or not, if you've got kids you better hadn't let them out of your sight.

Hopefully you got the sarcasm there and understand that your statement is dumb.
Posted By: AR_One Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:26pm
What's interesting is that these sort of rumours always seems to mention that the people doing it aren't white.

Make of that what you will, I just think that it's odd. I hope that this isn't a true story but it's always good to be safe but also to remember that most assaults, murders and abductions are carried out by people who are known to their victims not by total strangers.
Posted By: The_Monk Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 10:26pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
2 Asians?
Yeah ok.

arnt asians capable of this?
Posted By: Silverback Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:23pm
Originally Posted by AR_One
........... remember that most assaults, murders and abductions are carried out by people who are known to their victims not by total strangers.

Does that mean you think it was the guys from the local Indian takeaway that the child's mother uses that did it?
Posted By: Volly Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:23pm
i have no idea if this is true or not.

BUT............. wouldn't it be a good idea for those "sceptics" out there to keep thier mouths shut rather than to try and dismiss it all together and try to make people believe it's "just a rumour" ?

ok, so it might not be true - however, with the nature of this topic, surely it's better to have parents be on thier guard as opposed to dismissing what could potentially be a serious threat??

i know rumours and facebook tales e.t.c. are a pain in the arse for everyone, but honestly, a suspected child abduction being slated as hear-say??

surely you can't be too safe, right?
and if it does turn out to be a fake story, then it just shows what sad people there are in the world to make something so sick up in the 1st place.

DO NOT ignore or dismiss this as a joke - preventing something like this from happening is 1,000,000% more pro-active than snubbing it.

Posted By: Silverback Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:29pm
Originally Posted by Volly

BUT............. wouldn't it be a good idea for those "sceptics" out there to keep thier mouths shut rather than to try and dismiss it all together and try to make people believe it's "just a rumour" ? .......................

Yes, fine, until one or two innocent Asians stop for a piss in a back jigger near the alleged scene of the crime and get their skulls caved in!

Posted By: Volly Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 22nd Aug 2011 11:33pm
Originally Posted by Silverback

BUT............. wouldn't it be a good idea for those "sceptics" out there to keep thier mouths shut rather than to try and dismiss it all together and try to make people believe it's "just a rumour" ? .......................

Yes, fine, until one or two innocent Asians stop for a piss in a back jigger near the alleged scene of the crime and get their skulls caved in!

yeah, i get that - but it doesn't matter if they are asian, black, white, chinese, blue, pink or green.

my point is that there has been mention of a suspected child abduction - surely it's better for people to be on the look-out rather than trying to dismiss it as a rumour just because they don't know for sure and would rather try to be clever by saying they don't believe it happened?
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 3:35am

yeah, i get that - but it doesn't matter if they are asian, black, white, chinese, blue, pink or green.

my point is that there has been mention of a suspected child abduction - surely it's better for people to be on the look-out rather than trying to dismiss it as a rumour just because they don't know for sure and would rather try to be clever by saying they don't believe it happened?

Quite right Volly! We have WAY too many people in today's PC society (& on here) wanting to make a name for their sorry selves by making light of real parents' legitimate concerns for their kids' safety. I too, do not get where these people are coming from, who always try and "diss" anything on here that people are posting as warnings to PARENTS (even IF it is just as a "look out!!" WARNING). But in this specific case, we have posters who have stated flat out that they have personal knowledge that this really occurred.
I have therefore to believe, that these dissing idiots are speaking purely from their Liberal, pussy-footing rose-coloured glasses view, where they think there is no such thing as BAD people until it is already too late and a kid has been taken or murdered., These idiots can not, surely (I hope) have Children of their own.

Once you have had kids, EVERYTHING changes. Warnings are ALWAYS WELCOME - never mind if they turn out to be true or not. It is ALWAYS better to be SAFE than SORRY when it comes to kids' safety. PERIOD.

So you doubting Thomases should just shut the F up when posts like this come up and go back to posting your OT, holier-than-thou claptrap in other THEORETICAL "chat" forums that are about trivial, no-matter crap and not, like this one, simply, well-intentioned people trying to keep ALL our kids safe. Freaking idiots.
Posted By: Mark Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 6:42am
Rulesrules
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 7:08am
Originally Posted by ex0__

A good friend of a friend who walks my friends dog who knows a guy that lives in egypt and has a cousin that I spoke to on msn once told me that there's been a huge bombing in liscard and birkenhead!!!111one Doesn't matter if its true or not, if you've got kids you better hadn't let them out of your sight.

raftl
On a more serious note, this thread should be deleted, we don't want this site to become like crappy Facebook now do we.

Oh and for the record Monk, NO I don't believe 2 "Asians" have tried to abduct a child from someone's back garden whilst they were putting the washing out!
Suppose they looked like elvis impersonators too?
What a load of crap, for anyone to believe the crap posted on Facebook you are easily led.
Get a job, go out, do anything but ffs stay off Facebook raftl
Posted By: AR_One Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 7:20am
Originally Posted by AR_One
........... remember that most assaults, murders and abductions are carried out by people who are known to their victims not by total strangers.

Does that mean you think it was the guys from the local Indian takeaway that the child's mother uses that did it?

What I mean is "Stranger Danger" is taken far more seriously than the risk from "Uncle Bobby" who never married and still lives with his mum and acts wierd around the kids.

Thankyou for passing on this information but I am allowed also to express my suspicions about the strength of the information.
Posted By: Mark Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 7:35am
There is a little bit of truth in almost everything. People post simular topics wanting to dismiss the rumors or dismiss the truth. By comunication and networking these things can be resolved.

On wiki we allow such topics for that opertunity to help someone else. Even if its just a rumour for now but its a harsh reality to what could be out there.

If you think its rubish fair enough but please do not make your opinions personal. You think its rubish end of.

Rulesrules

Please see section on opinions.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 10:06am
Here's a crazy idea, shouldn't parents be looking out for their kids whether this is true or not? confused
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 10:08am
Has anyone seen this on any other sources yet? Just wondering.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 11:06am

a rumour started lst week that jackie chan had died and i seen people writing rip on facebook, some people are easily fooled and like you say social media is a powerful tool for creating untrue rumours

jackie chan is dead??? nono nono
Posted By: yewgarth Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 11:11am
Originally Posted by paulph1972

thats more x files than anything. not much chance of seeing it happen raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 11:13am
Ok lets keep this on topic or it will be closed.

See first post.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: moreton attempted child snatch - 23rd Aug 2011 11:24am
Originally Posted by yewgarth

jackie chan is dead??? nono nono

it was a hoax mate.

yes bck on topic now, have not seen anything mentioned in the news as of yet
© Wirral-Wikiwirral