Forums
Posted By: Clive Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 1:38pm
Just drove past 5 mins ago, police and ambulance outside Iceland. Any info on whats gone on any one.
Posted By: stephenprudence Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 1:41pm
I suspect it's something not to do with the unrest - or there would be about 10 police vans in attendance.

Probably a drunk troublemaker?
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 1:41pm
Me too,haven't a clue?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 1:43pm
Linked to this?

Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Don't want to start a new thread as it makes it confussing,so putting this here.

Mum-in-law who is 88yrs old went for her weekly hair appointment in Martins Lane,Wallasey this morning.Whilst she was there,three lads started hitting the window with a metal bar,they feared that the window would come in but,fortunately they carried on walking in the direction of Liscard.Very frightening for those inside the shop.
Posted By: MediKated Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 2:21pm
Hubby is opposite iceland, ambulance doesnt seem to be related to anything rioty, police have been around and about all day so possible that the polie that were seen were just the ones that had been there all day. However hes just been told by a customer that a car park has been closed - anyone know if thats true and/or why?

(he seems pretty sure that the police would of told the shops if there was any trouble)
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 2:48pm
Panicky or what! If it happens get out the way.( or join in)
Posted By: lindamollyellen Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 3:03pm
Not sure if true but the young man who works in KFC said Ladbrookes
and cash convertors had been targeted yesterday?
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 4:16pm
Originally Posted by lindamollyellen
Not sure if true but the young man who works in KFC said Ladbrookes
and cash convertors had been targeted yesterday?

If he works in KFC or for the news of the world it must be true
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 4:25pm
Not sure if it's true .........................
then please don't post it
smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 4:31pm
KFC where are my sachets of salt or half my foods raw or burnt fools are very unreliable indeed.
Do not listen to them.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 4:34pm
My god, glad to say i live where i do as nothing to report from my end of the wirral.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 4:36pm
Liscard is not been as busy as it is most days, Nothing has gone on in liscard at all, And don't think it will. A lot of shops have shut early and removed all stock from windows just in case.

Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 4:52pm
Originally Posted by SUExx
My god, glad to say i live where i do as nothing to report from my end of the wirral.

Is it just me or do you have to read that a few times for it to sink in?
Posted By: MediKated Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 5:12pm
Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes
Liscard is not been as busy as it is most days, Nothing has gone on in liscard at all, And don't think it will. A lot of shops have shut early and removed all stock from windows just in case.

Hubby just got home from working in Liscard centre, police have said they suspect something will kick off this evening in Liscard but they dont have any firm evidence/intell, advised shops to close early, clear stock etc much the same as yesterdays advice but with added suspicions. I hope theyre wrong but it also kind of makes sense that the twits will try another town centre now theyve had their fun in birkenhead.

My teens are all safely in the house and I'm not even letting them go to the corner shop, probably over protective and paniky but I'm not taking the chance. Plus I know other mums have said their sons have been stopped by police and questioned about what theyre doing where theyre going, all perfectly innocent nothing at all to do with the trouble but the police are obviously being very vigilent when it comes to groups of teenage boys, which in one way makes me furious that theyre all being treated as badlads but also makes me glad that theres obviously a strong police presence around at the moment who are being extra careful!

Posted By: lindamollyellen Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 5:15pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
smile

Sorry only just joined won't post again.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 5:16pm
Originally Posted by tinypip

My teens are all safely in the house and I'm not even letting them go to the corner shop, probably over protective and paniky but I'm not taking the chance. Plus I know other mums have said their sons have been stopped by police and questioned about what theyre doing where theyre going, all perfectly innocent nothing at all to do with the trouble but the police are obviously being very vigilent when it comes to groups of teenage boys, which in one way makes me furious that theyre all being treated as badlads but also makes me glad that theres obviously a strong police presence around at the moment who are being extra careful!

Good on you. If more parents were as responsible (as they should be) this probably wouldn't have got as bad as it is .
smile
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 5:22pm

Good on you. If more parents were as responsible (as they should be) this probably wouldn't have got as bad as it is .
smile

With that!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 5:24pm
smile

Easy Linda smile Don't think Softy was being harsh on you.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 5:37pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
smile

Easy Linda smile Don't think Softy was being harsh on you.

Linda I didn't quote you because you are not the only person starting a thread with those words. It was a general comment not aimed at you personally
Posted By: SUExx Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 6:36pm
Originally Posted by paulph1972

IT MEANS THAT THERE IS NO TROUBLE NEAR WHERE I LIVE.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 6:38pm
Originally Posted by paulph1972

IT MEANS THAT THERE IS NO TROUBLE NEAR WHERE I LIVE.

Lucky... as it's a pretty fooking rough area!
Posted By: SUExx Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 6:50pm
Originally Posted by Nobody

Ha ha, just knew you would say that.
Posted By: rickw Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 10th Aug 2011 7:10pm
Is it on 'Twitter' ?

lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 11th Aug 2011 5:59am
Originally Posted by Nobody

Ha ha, just knew you would say that.

I knew that you knew I'd say it too wink
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 11th Aug 2011 1:36pm
My teens are all safely in the house and I'm not even letting them go to the corner shop, probably over protective and paniky

..Incredibly over protective and panicky. There's nothing going on in Liscard, it's as busy as usual. The world is not falling apart outside you know unless you live in Birkenhead City Centre or something.
Posted By: MediKated Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 11th Aug 2011 2:23pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
My teens are all safely in the house and I'm not even letting them go to the corner shop, probably over protective and paniky

..Incredibly over protective and panicky. There's nothing going on in Liscard, it's as busy as usual. The world is not falling apart outside you know unless you live in Birkenhead City Centre or something.

I realise I was being a tad over protective but I take care of my kids thats why they arent out smashing up peoples property. Plus my hubby was told by officers yesterday evening that they suspected something was going to happen in Liscard that night, thats not hearsay or facebook ponderings thats actual fact from a police mans mouth, ok so nothing did happen but being told that info from an officer made me want to take extra care. *shrug* I'd rather be nuerotic and over cautious than take chances with my kids wellbeing.

Also, back to the OP, the incident involved a kid who'd fell and hit his head, nothing too dramatic!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 11th Aug 2011 2:52pm
That's understandable, perhaps if more people were keeping their kids in at night there would be less out to smash stuff up. Though to be honest I think the kind of families these rioters come from don't give a damn what they do.

I had thought you meant you were keeping them in all day smile
Posted By: MediKated Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 11th Aug 2011 5:47pm
Oh god no hun, think that would be classed as imprisonment by the pc brigade grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Incident Liscard Shopping Centre - 13th Aug 2011 3:36pm
Nothing to add but just wanted to see my new avatar on a topic.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral