Forums
Posted By: Gibbo M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 3:10pm
Nasty accident on M53 just north of J5 (A41 junction) about 45 minutes ago.

Looks like a cream Mini has hit a fire officer motorbike, made it slide across lanes 2 and 3 into the central reservation.

Lanes 2 and 3 closed, very heavy traffic in area.
Posted By: Wench Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 3:18pm
Hope all are ok frown
Posted By: DavidB Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 3:19pm
Obviously trying to avoid all the rioters that are allegedly in Birkenhead at the moment.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 3:25pm
Nasty, hope all is ok.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 3:30pm
I just tried to get on at j5 and it is closed
Posted By: tedmus Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 3:53pm
Originally Posted by jen8505
I just tried to get on at j5 and it is closed
Diversion set up from J5 directing traffic back on at J4, accident forensics there, closed all 3 lanes.
Posted By: Wheels Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 4:06pm
I'm stuck in it now frown
Posted By: Nigel Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 4:47pm
Any update there wheels, I have a lodge meeting soon?

I stayed on M56 and came along A550 no delays at all until I got to Sainsbury at Upton......... it then took me nearly half an hour to get to the bottom of Ford Hill - FFS!!!

Hope everyone is OK.
Posted By: Wench Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 5:03pm
Just got a text, traffic on A41 is at standstill/moving very very slow. Biker ? didn't make it frown RIP if that is the case.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 5:40pm
Originally Posted by Nigel
Any update there wheels, I have a lodge meeting soon?

You write very well for a beaver Nigel!
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 5:49pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
I stayed on M56 and came along A550 no delays at all until I got to Sainsbury at Upton......... it then took me nearly half an hour to get to the bottom of Ford Hill - FFS!!!

Hope everyone is OK.

I did the same but carried on till caldy roundabout and then cut through Greasby. I first saw it mentioned on matrix signs as far away as on the M6 through thelwall. Very handy.
Posted By: Wheels Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 5:52pm
I don't know mate, if its is a death I guess it will be some time before it is. the traffic on the A41 was bad all the way to the croft.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flash02 Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 7:00pm
I was just behind this looked nasty. I;m trying to find out who the officer was as I know one of them and his mobile isnt answering and I;ve left a concerned voicemail
Posted By: TheDr Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 9th Aug 2011 9:17pm
The part about the Fire Bike and the Mini is correct, but the officer is "fine", as in, NOT dead, despite rumours to the contrary.

He's at Arrowe Park Hospital.

There is more but just thought I'd put the rumours to bed first.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: M53 partial closure after J5 Northbound - 12th Aug 2011 9:04am
Any updates? I'm very surprised it didn't make the news, but apparently a horde of rampaging chavs seems more important to the media.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral