Forums
Posted By: missydebby Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 5:58pm
Poulton Road has been closed Gorsey Lane end due to a car accident outside Wesley Motors... there's a car overturned on it's roof but apparently no serious injuries thank goodness... just a backlog of traffic.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 5:59pm
omg hope all are ok
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 6:14pm
seams the person rsponsible fled,
car turned over and hit 2 girls walking past, look injured..hopefully not too serious
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 6:21pm
Originally Posted by free_spirit
seams the person rsponsible fled,
car turned over and hit 2 girls walking past, look injured..hopefully not too serious

how bad can you get, most prob a uninsured driver or drunk, hope the girls are ok and they catch the ... back involved
Posted By: Volly Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:20pm

Looks like whoever was driving was doing some speed ........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:23pm
Is that ste's volvo?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:28pm
nah, stes is x reg smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:30pm
What a cock.
Posted By: laceylou15 Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:31pm
De lad neva fled de scene it was rite outside my flat an he stayed der the whole time
Posted By: laceylou15 Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:32pm
De lad neva fled de scene it was rite outside my flat an he stayed der the whole time
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:34pm
He's still a cock. But thanks for letting us know.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:40pm
He must have been driving at high speed!
I hope that the girls are ok.
Posted By: phk68bay Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:41pm
People think they can handle speed, but forget that the car can't and it has limits and if you push your vehicle beyond its limits then this is the outcome. Any one can press the accelerator and make the car go faster, but its the person who knows when to take his food off the gas and slow the car down that makes the better driver. These senseless idiots cause harm and devastation to people and the government should bring out a tag that immobilises engines if they get in a car. That would stop them driving!! Speed limits are there to save peoples lives why do people ignore that fact??? They know they risk their own life and other peoples, but don't care and are willing to take that risk with other peoples lives when they choose to speed.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:43pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
nah, stes is x reg smile

phew, thought he was tryin to pull an insurance job that went tits up raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 3rd Aug 2011 10:58pm
Cheeky barstard!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 6:18am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Cheeky barstard!

raftl
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 7:25am
Originally Posted by laceylou15

lovely spelling !
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 7:58am
Originally Posted by jabber

lovely spelling !

I know, its amazing how a mobile phone can erase years of the english language.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:02am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

lovely spelling !

I know, its amazing how a mobile phone can erase years of the english language.

I assumed the 15 bit in the username referred to either her age or IQ but I'm not sure which. I don't know one single 15 year old who can speak properly when texting, not that I text a lot of 15 year olds you understand, apart from my cousins occasionally and my younger brother.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:16am
I hear you nobody!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:24am
C'mon guys, I know txt spk isnt in the spirt of wiki, but any retaliation could be detremental to the thread and its content frown

Maybe just a suggestion that txt spk is not an accepted for of posting think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:26am
I hereby suggest that text speak is not an accepted form of posting.

Goodbye.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:26am
raftl

Maybe it should be added in to the forum guidelines.... think
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:45am

lovely spelling !

And to think I thought it was 'rasta speak'. Must be getting old. I never use text speak when I text.Our language is a thing of beauty,versatile and should not be barstard.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:49am
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum

lovely spelling !

And to think I thought it was 'rasta speak'. Must be getting old. I never use text speak when I text.Our language is a thing of beauty,versatile and should not be barstard.

Last word did not print out in full when submitted. It was barstard
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:51am
[quote=laceylou15]De lad neva fled de scene it was rite outside my flat an he stayed der the whole time

lovely spelling !

Sorry folks. There must be a censor on this site but the word I used which won't print out is apt in the circumstances and not obscene.

Last word did not print out in full when submitted. It was barstard[/quote]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:55am
Got to agree with Nobody 100% on the subject of text speak. There is NO place for it on here.

Could the Mods add this to the guidelines please ?
Posted By: Snickas Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 8:56am
[Linked Image] @ barstad

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tatey Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 9:14am
Originally Posted by Nobody
I hereby suggest that text speak is not an accepted form of posting.

Goodbye.

May I second that? Spelling is something else that might be checked! yes
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 9:14am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Got to agree with Nobody 100% on the subject of text speak. There is NO place for it on here.

Could the Mods add this to the guidelines please ?
On it smile 2 posts laceylou will have to learn to write in English, especially if she's sitting the GCSE next June...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 9:21am
Ive now started a thread with a poll re: text speak smile

Bock on topic here now please happy
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 9:24am
I wonder why you can say barstard but not with the ised on the end?
Posted By: Mark Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 12:52pm
grammargrammar
Posted By: ponytail Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 10:00pm
Whats wrong with text speech - its only a mobile form of communication that means the message gets posted quicker and easier. I prefer to have something rather than nothing when it comes to local news. Does this mean that you cannot post if you cannot spell correctly? What happens if you are dyslexic? Are you only allowed to post pictures? The English language is a living language - why can't text speech be included in today's communications? Or does this mean those that cannot understand it don't want it posted. Perhaps there could be a section in Wikiwirral to define this terminology of words - ?
I don't dismiss people just because they have a different accent from mine.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 10:24pm
The thing that is wrong about it is that when you are addressing people you dont know it is wrong to assume that everyone can understand it. So the decent thing to do is write the common language of English Grammar.
Posted By: ponytail Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 10:54pm
Have you read 'State of the Language English Observed [Paperback]
by Philip Howard? This was part of my 'A' English. Interesting and colourful book. Full of terms and new ideas of how language changes with the times, fashions and technology changes throughout lifetimes. Even the Oxford dictionary adds words which have come into the common language yearly. Do you think textspeech lowers the tone of Wikiwirral? Do abbreviations come into textspeech? I wouldn't like to ban people's contributions 'cause they're on a mobile.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 10:59pm
Originally Posted by ponytail
Have you read 'State of the Language English Observed [Paperback]
by Philip Howard? This was part of my 'A' English. Interesting and colourful book. Full of terms and new ideas of how language changes with the times, fashions and technology changes throughout lifetimes. Even the Oxford dictionary adds words which have come into the common language yearly. Do you think textspeech lowers the tone of Wikiwirral? Do abbreviations come into textspeech? I wouldn't like to ban people's contributions 'cause they're on a mobile.

yes your very right ponytail, the oxford dictionary do add words to the english language. but does this mean that everyone is to read the dictionary every time it's updated to see what new words and abbreviations are being used, just to understand the way people speak - when it's just as easy to use words everyone understand smile i'm not saying text talk is bad, i just believe there is a time and place for it - hence 'text' talk smile
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 4th Aug 2011 11:00pm
and surely this is totally off the topic of the accident on poulton road. i would advise any further comments to be in the text talk topic smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Car Accident ~ Poulton Road - 5th Aug 2011 6:30am
Originally Posted by ponytail
I wouldn't like to ban people's contributions 'cause they're on a mobile.

I use my mobile for the majority of my forums posting nowadays, and I can't say I have a problem typing in normal English - using a mobile to surf the web and participate in forums is hardly a good excuse. Maybe it's just down to the standard of teaching in schools these days, or is it simply a cool thing to speak and write like a twit? I've just finished a night shift, and I'm knackered, but I'm still able to communicate without short-handing/text-speaking everything!

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral