Forums
Posted By: edgey Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 3:35pm
My daughter had her three week old apple iphone 3gs 8gb in the colour black stolen in Birkenhead on Saturday.I know its a long shot.but if anyone offered one or found one could you please let me know.
She is so upset,as it had all her recent prom pics on,and
would be prepared to pay to get it back
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 3:40pm
stolen from where , more info would help your cause
Posted By: Wench Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 3:47pm
Had it been registered with Immobilise or the Network Provider? I hope she gets it back, but unfortunately, I don't think I'd hold my breath no
Posted By: edgey Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 3:52pm
She says it went out of her bag whilst walking around Birkenhead.She tryed ringing it as soon as she realised
it had gone.they answered and hung up on her.
Posted By: edgey Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 4:07pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Had it been registered with Immobilise or the Network Provider? I hope she gets it
back, but unfortunately, I don't think I'd hold my breath no

Thanks Wench,
She informed police straight away and we later cotacted the network provider who immobilised it straight away.I know its probably gone,but i,m just trying anything to get it back for her
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 5:18pm
I would assume it's long gone. But let this be a lesson to everyone with an iPhone, the find my iphone service is dead handy...

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

She could have got a fix on the phone in no time.

I appreciate this isn't much help now, but if something good in the form of the next person getting their phone back comes from this, then great. If you see what I mean.

Posted By: LippyBitch Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 5:24pm
Sorry to hear this...sadly there's a lot of amoral people around. Finger's crossed she gets it back.
My son lost his new phone at Christmas. We were so pleased to get a phone call from a lady saying her son had found it and would we like to come and get it. We gave the lad a £20 reward for his honesty...only to discover later he'd used all of my son's credit before he returned the phone!! idiot
Posted By: Silverback Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 6:35pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
I would assume it's long gone. But let this be a lesson to everyone with an iPhone, the find my iphone service is dead handy...

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

She could have got a fix on the phone in no time.

I appreciate this isn't much help now, but if something good in the form of the next person getting their phone back comes from this, then great. If you see what I mean.

withthat
Posted By: phk68bay Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 8:17pm
its called mobile me and i have it set up on my daughters iphone 4 (its brilliant) but it doesn't work on mine, the 3g says not compatible :-(
Posted By: Wench Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 8:24pm
Try registering it on Immobilise. I know some of the "tinfoil hat brigade" will say it's so the Police can read your messages and listen into your calls, but at least if it's registered you have a bloody good chance of getting it back.

I think the Police have better things to do than look at the calls and texts of some "nobody" for want of a better word.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 8:51pm
SMACKHEADS get shut of them ALL
Posted By: TheDr Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 2nd Aug 2011 9:58pm
Originally Posted by phk68bay
its called mobile me and i have it set up on my daughters iphone 4 (its brilliant) but it doesn't work on mine, the 3g says not compatible :-(

Bit of a trick for you:

You're right MobileMe won't work on the 3G, UNLESS you set up the account on either an iPad or iPhone 4 FIRST.

Once the account is active just enter the details into the MobileMe on your 3G and it doesn't authenticate the phone so gets past the restriction.

100% works as I have several linked to my account, can even do it with the early iTouch and it transmits when on WiFi.

I did this within a few days of it being released and even let Apple know as THEY said it wasn't 3G compatible but they didn't seem too interested.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Stolen iphone Birkenhead - 5th Aug 2011 12:39pm
Just read this and there was a bloke in B'head market this morning and it looked like he was trying to sell one to the stall staff, it looked like he was showing them how the apps worked. It was a black phone too. Unfortunately there was no one around in authority, as usual, so there's nowt I could do to voice my suspicions.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral