Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 28th Jul 2011 11:29am
Saw something on a friends Facebook status last night about a large accident. 4 police cars and couple of ambulances.

Anyone know anything.

I appreciate most of our members seem to be Easties, but thought I'd ask.
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 28th Jul 2011 11:40am
Man arrested following two-car collision near Wirral pub

A MAN was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following a two-car collision near the Cottage Loaf in Thurstaston last night.

Emergency services were called to the scene in Thurstaston Road just after 11.30pm following reports of an incident, involving a silver Aston Martin DB9 a silver BMW 330.

The 49-year-old driver of the Aston Martin was taken to hospital by ambulance with minor injuries. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

A 54-year-old woman and an 11-year-old girl from the BMW were also taken to hospital for treatment.

The 11-year-old has been discharged though the 54-year-old remains in hospital and is being treated for injuries to her right leg.

Thursaston Road was closed to traffic while police carried out their investigations, and reopened at 5.30am today.

Witnesses can call the Merseyside police Roads Policing Unit on 0151 777 5771.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9165240.Man_arrested_following_two_car_collision_near_Wirral_pub/

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 28th Jul 2011 1:22pm
Eek, I used to work for someone around that age with a silver DB9... can't be too many of them around.

Thanks for the link dava.
Posted By: Helles Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 7:53am
If you can afford one of those then you should be able to afford a driver or at least a taxi. No sympathy!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 7:56am
Has he been charged with drink driving yet?
Posted By: Katryn Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:11am
Seen the helicopter going over in that direction that night!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:26am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Has he been charged with drink driving yet?

No doubt we'll find out in good time but if he was arrested for it then surely he at least blew over the limit?

Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 5:35pm
Just let's not assume that the Aston Martin driver was automatically at fault for causing this crash just because he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DD. It could just have easily been the 54 year old woman driving the BMW (or even the 11-year old passenger) who actually caused it... Wouldn't be the first time.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 5:46pm
True. Everyone involved always gets breathalysed as a matter of routine.
Posted By: Helles Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 7:12pm
He was arrested for drink driving. They don't do that without him failing a breath test. Don't make excuses for drunk drivers, especially one's who drive Aston Martins. It could have been your eleven year old or wife/husband in the other car irrespective of who caused it.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:10pm
Still doesn't make it all his fault, necessarily, does it? He might have been driving along, quite nicely, minding his own business and the other car smashed into him (or it could have been the other way around just as easily, admittedly).
My point quite simply is, it isn't always the one done for DD who actually caused the crash.
I'm not excusing anyone for drinking & driving (show me, where did I say that??)
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:19pm
I wonder if the local hospitals will lose a consultant for a while... think
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:23pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
I wonder if the local hospitals will lose a consultant for a while... think
Oooh! cutting.Lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:35pm
Sorry Bezzy - worked with such folks....some nice, some not so...
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 8:37pm
Yer know what you mean!
Posted By: Colski Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 29th Jul 2011 11:03pm
I guess he thought it was an Aston Martini wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 30th Jul 2011 12:03am
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Just let's not assume that the Aston Martin driver was automatically at fault for causing this crash just because he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DD. It could just have easily been the 54 year old woman driving the BMW (or even the 11-year old passenger) who actually caused it... Wouldn't be the first time.

Sorry but in my eyes and in the eyes of the law, if you were drink driving then it's your fault... if he hadn't had that drink then regardless of who made the error, he may have been able to avoid it.

It's like driving under the limit but after one pint, you may have an accident that isn't your fault, but could you have used that millisecond in added reaction time to avoid it, could you live with yourself?!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 30th Jul 2011 12:54pm
So if you are minding your own business, crossing an intersection and a) someone T-bones you, as in, piles into your passenger door, or b) you are stopped at a stop sign and someone smashes into the back of your car, you are saying, you could have avoided it if you hadn't had that pint? Hmmmm... I must admit I hadn't thought of that. I must be missing something I suppose?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 30th Jul 2011 1:34pm
How will you ever know? How could you live with yourself if you thought that maybe, just maybe, you may have anticipated what happened next?

I appreciate there are those instances when you could literally have done nothing about it, but then again my view is that you shouldn't have been there in the first place if you'd had a drink.

I just don't think there's any excuse for drink driving. I'm not claiming to be whiter than white and there's surely been times when I've driven with a blood alcohol level of more than 0, but I don't condone it.

This is coming from someone who DID get T boned at a junction resulting in the death of my friend who was in the back, back in 2004, and I certainly know that if I had even the slightest drop of alcohol in my body at that time, I wouldn't be able to live with myself thinking 'what if'. Sorry for the rant, touchy subject.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Crash between Heswall and West Kirby - 30th Jul 2011 7:00pm
Outwith the crash on the heswall road. DONT DRINK AND DRIVE.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral