Forums
Posted By: PinkyJolley An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 12:03am
BE AWARE. THERE has been a white female and black male attempted to abduct a child from brom! both in there late 20s early 30s ,also possible sighting of black male in port sunlight \ new ferry area, so could people please copy this on just make everyone AWARE--- THAT THERE ARE SICK PEOPLE OUT THERE !!!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 12:22am
Nice wording on the title.

Also the bit about a 'black male being spotted in New Ferry' made me lol like a retard.
oh dear!! I just cut and pasted it from someones status on facebook!! I didnt even contemplate to wording !!
think it should be reworded a little bit regarding a black man being spotted, was it meant to say that the black male had been spotted, do not want to start a witch hunt here
Posted By: Anonymous Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 3:22pm
Reminds me of a joke, which I won't tell!! Haha.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 3:26pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
Reminds me of a joke, which I won't tell!! Haha.

aw frown
Posted By: ex0__ Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 3:32pm
And, you know, an actual source might help.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's just what someone put on facebook. Nostory.jpg.
in all fairness there does need to be real evidence like police report it could be seen as racial hatred and targeting. facebook is never the best place to cite as it spews out virals of copy and pasting to statuses!!!!
i saw this too on a friends facebook but didnt want to put it up incase it was hatrid or what have you..

but you never know could be true this day in age
Posted By: paulph25 Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 4:41pm
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
think it should be reworded a little bit regarding a black man being spotted, was it meant to say that the black male had been spotted, do not want to start a witch hunt here

please do
Posted By: ex0__ Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 4:44pm
Dude someone on my facebook told me if I posted their spam message to 10 of my friends walls I'd win a car. People are retarded, we all know this. That's why chain messages persist decades after email was invented.
did u win the car or did they tell u u were gonna die if u didnt haha
Posted By: ex0__ Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 4:58pm
Not sure, soon as I saw 'send this to 10 of your friends' I unfriended the poster. Which automatically deleted their posts smile
so death could be immanent then ahh quick get to church and repent
Posted By: Mark Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 5:27pm
Please be respectful towards topics of local news.
Remember there could be a family grieving right now. Or unaware of a loved one being injured.
Only when we are fully aware of the facts can we truly form an opinion. Thanks.

Please keep on topic.
completely right mark, this was off topic commenting over facebook posts and chain messages, nothing was targeted at the true nature of the situation.
Posted By: kittykat Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 7th Jun 2011 7:50pm
There seems to be more care taken so as not to offend anyone than there is towards the actual topic which i suppose is a poor reflection on our society.
I think the fact that it reads like and also seems to be a Facebook chain letter, undermines the credibility of the story somewhat and makes it difficult for a lot of us to take seriously.
think unfortunately we have to abide by silly pc rules now hope the persons in question get cought before any upset is caused
Posted By: Blondie Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 14th Jun 2011 11:53am
I have no hard evidence, but parents at my daughters school were saying that a male had tried to "abduct" a young girl at the cindopath running alongside the graveyard off Town Lane, Bebington. Fortunately she ran into the school at the top. As I said, I have no evidence of this, and would just like people to be extra careful.
A friend of mine has just said they received a letter from their kid's school about this happening so it might be true
Posted By: Oddone Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 15th Jun 2011 1:15am
A good way to get a message that could be based on truth out to people quick and easy is via social networking. If people want to get the message out there via social networking to the key target area of kids and parents it sure would save some other folks the job of doing it. smile
Posted By: ex0__ Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 15th Jun 2011 8:32am
Originally Posted by Oddone
A good way to get a message that could be based on truth out to people quick and easy is via social networking. If people want to get the message out there via social networking to the key target area of kids and parents it sure would save some other folks the job of doing it. smile

True enough, unfortunately the way the message above is written is incredibly useless. Hell, you could probably guess that the writer is a young mother and has kept their 10 kids indoors since starting that chain message and crosses the street every time they see a black male. It looks like something a 14yo would write on their myspace page, hence most people not taking it seriously.
Posted By: hansioned Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 10:24am
there was also a fb status about a man in the upton/greasby area who tried to unclip a toddler from their pram!! No description tho... it could just be mallicous
Originally Posted by hansioned
there was also a fb status about a man in the upton/greasby area who tried to unclip a toddler from their pram!! No description tho... it could just be mallicous

So why post it then???
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 11:15am
Many years ago our 10 month old daughter was attacked in her pram whilst the missus was making an appointement in the hairdressers. It's a heart stopping thing to happen trust me. Turns out the couple were on drugs even then. It happened up by Cole Street where the hairdressers used to be. They dug their finger nails into her neck and broke skin, causing bleeding. They did get caught and left town because they didn't get a custodial. A passer by saw them putting their hands into the pram and then the little 'un started crying which raised the alarm. Better to have a warning of these things then just faffing about because of PC crap. It was reported in the Bhead News by the way.
Posted By: davaw1 Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 1:36pm
Ex0 you always seem very negative about parents taking precautions to protect their children.
Posted By: hansioned Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 3:45pm
Well who knows if it was fake or not? There are that many people out there now, I am as a parent am scared something will happen to my children,and if there is a known lurker, Id rather know about it. Nowadays I am afraid, there are not many rumours going round, but if people from that area need to be aware incase it is true? I always find SS being negitive towards everything i write frown This was a poster put up at a nursery which said about the man unclipping a toddler from pram, and the amount of people who look in your pram when ur pushing it around and chat to the baby...
Originally Posted by hansioned
I always find SS being negitive towards everything i write

If me being negative is about the other time I questioned you posting gossip on here then yes guilty as charged and proud of it.
By your own admission you said that "it may be malicious".
I wholeheartedly agree that parents should be warned about these things but the power of potential gossip on Face Book could wreck someones like if they are targeted when innocent.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 5:38pm
smile softy re-read you bottom line hun xx is it like or life wink

sorry for the off post.
Posted By: hansioned Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 7:29pm
I understand that it could be gossip, as could the original post... I dont think its targeted anyone. (or i hope not) But if it happened in your area, you would want to know. I just staed it was also on fb that a guy in greasby/upton etc and yeh I admitted I didnt know how true it was, as long as nobody is being named- no harm done to anyone, just makes parents think more about stranger danger (which some parents forget about)xx
Posted By: oscarpops Re: An Attempt to abduct a child - Brombrough - 18th Jun 2011 9:14pm
I know the mum of the girl that the male tried to grab on the cinder path in bebington last friday her daughter was in shock and the police are involved
© Wirral-Wikiwirral