Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 8th May 2011 3:12pm
This is the second time I have had to sadly report something of mine stolen. This time it is my scooter.

I was made redundant 3 weeks ago, and my insurance has come up for renewal, trying to save some pennies, I only re-insured it last week for 3rd party so I am totally screwed. Especially considering I have 2 job interviews next week which I cannot feasibly get to. And no way could I take the said jobs if relying on public transport.

I am totally gutted. It's a 2005 one of these:

[Linked Image]

If anyone knows anything or can help please let me know.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 8th May 2011 3:39pm
oh, and my helmet and jacket were stored under the seat.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 8th May 2011 3:57pm
Sorry for your trouble. Life can be a bitch. Hope you get it back.
Posted By: history Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 8th May 2011 7:19pm
Hi, Sorry to hear about your bike, But could you please add Make and Model and reg Number. Also when was it stolen?.
Will keep eyes open for it.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 8th May 2011 8:45pm
Silver Honda FES Pantheon 125, DK05 KXT.

Has plenty of scratches and needs a good clean. Also contains a Rev-It grey long jacket inside, and a Suomi Helmet, very distinctive colours all glittery with hibiscus flowers and part of an American flag on it...oh and my gloves.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 8th May 2011 11:00pm
Sally What part of oxton was it taken from please I've a good knowledge of the area living there and will go have a nose when I can for you
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 8:02am
Shrewsbury Road, not too far from the boys school. I'm going to go out and have a good look around this morning. It was taken once before about 4 years ago, and due to having an immobiliser, was dumped about 10 mins walk from my home, hopefully I will be that lucky again.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 9:04am
Must have been lots of people in the area, due to the Secret Gardens Event. Will keep an eye out while walking the dogs.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 9:46am
Cheers. Yes loads of people, we live only 5 mins walk from Oxton Village, hopefully it will turn up, and be in working order-ish as I have job interviews and I really need transport.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 11:38am
if you want lift to job interviews, let me know all i ask is that you cover petrol costs
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 12:28pm
Willow thats the nicest thing to happen to me this week, what a lovely offer. Thank you. I am expecting a call from a certain recruiter today, the job she has put me forward for was near Cheshire Oaks, not sure if I am going to be able to feasibly do it with public transport, what with timings etc, but I have another interview for a job that I really want this Friday, it's only a 20 minute walk, so I should be ok for that one. It's just the temp work I am not going to be able to do. But if I get an interview and I need a lift, I will PM you. Thank you, feeling better already.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 12:42pm
no problem
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:05pm
Sorry to hear about ur scooter sallybear, my hubbys bike got stolen. I dnt know if it is of any use to you but we eventually got contacted by a recovery compound in Prenton & they had the bike for over 4wks before contacting us (might have something to do with the daily charge) Might be worth ur while to call them. Sorry I dnt have the number handy...
Good Luck x
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:16pm
Sounds like RNW
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:16pm
Sounds like RNW
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:17pm
0151-609-1118

Posted By: evo1986 Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:18pm
Nice 1 willo
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:36pm
Cheers, I did opt out of having it recovered, the police said I can have it recovered if they find it, and pay the price, but as my insurance wouldn't cover it they would charge me a fortune, or they can contact me to recover it, so I opted to have it recovered by me. But I will still give them a call anyway, thanks for that.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:44pm
Sorry to hear about that Sally, hope things sort out for you. 3 pinched last week in the Claughton Rd area I believe, couldn't start 'em up so torched them to destroy DNA. Still got prints off one that didn't get burnt properly so scrotes are under investigation if buzz is to be believed.
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 1:54pm
Same happened to us cost us £150 for the pleasure of signing it over to be scrapped, we've learnt the hard way to be very careful with insurance now frown
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 2:54pm
Well I called RNW, they laughed at me, but at least I know they don't have it. Have been out for a scout around, no sign of it. Tried to talk to insurance, even if just to cancel the policy, only took it out 2 weeks ago, thought I might get a refund? Not as simple as that apparently. Still have to pay an excess to claim, even though I am not claiming for anything, doesn't make any sense. I took a number and said I would call later once I had read through everything.

Think I am going to miss my helmet mostly, I loved it so much, trying to find a pic in case anyone gets offered one.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 2:55pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Helles Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 6:48pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Well I called RNW, they laughed at me, but at least I know they don't have it. Have been out for a scout around, no sign of it. Tried to talk to insurance, even if just to cancel the policy, only took it out 2 weeks ago, thought I might get a refund? Not as simple as that apparently. Still have to pay an excess to claim, even though I am not claiming for anything, doesn't make any sense. I took a number and said I would call later once I had read through everything.

Think I am going to miss my helmet mostly, I loved it so much, trying to find a pic in case anyone gets offered one.

Don't pay anything until you have spoken to someone who knows insurance. How can they charge an excess if you are not claiming? Tell them to do one.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 9th May 2011 10:37pm
Most insurances have a cooling off period of 14 days if you buy them remotely - if you don't make a claim you get a minimal charge for cover to date. After then you are often into major admin and cancellation fees these days - which by coincidence sometimes end up as the same as the remainder of the policy cost grrrr!

Sorry for your plight Sallybear, you've got my number if you get stuck for transport sometime or want to drive around on a search.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Scooter Stolen from Oxton - 10th May 2011 6:43am
Cheers DD, will give you a call if I need you. Frustration has gone a little today. Feeling more positive.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral