Forums
Posted By: sarahdavo My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 11:42am
Has anybody lost a purse, in wallasey egremont area, if so please describe it to me and the contents and i will return it to you, unfortunatly ther is no address in the purse.
Posted By: little_pob Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 3:45pm
Though not impossible, the likelihood the person that lost it is on wikiwirral is slim. Taking it down to Manor Road Police station is the best option to reuniting it with its owner.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 3:59pm
Or an ad in shop windows.
Posted By: DavidB Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 6:01pm
Put a sign in a shop window near where it was lost?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 6:06pm
No cards in it?
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 9:15pm
I know it was a slim chance somebody on wiki had lost it, but worth a try, yes ill probly take it to the police station. plenty of cards in it, i have the persons name, but no address, i evan tried the name on facebook but nothiing came up. i had thought about returnuing the cards to the places they came from, as im sure the person will be missing those. any way thanks for replies, think cop shop is best.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 9:40pm
I dont think the cop shop is the best place in re-uniting the owner, with the purse.
Unfort. People like you Sarah are few and far between.
Most skanks would just 'empty it' and bin the cards/ photos etc
I still think ads up on Liscard Rd
/ Brighton St. (Sign post them to Manor Road). x
Posted By: MissGuided Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 23rd Apr 2011 9:42pm
They'll have cancelled all their cards by now if they're sensible think
Posted By: little_pob Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 25th Apr 2011 11:01am
Yes, but the purse may hold sentimental value?

If you don't trust the police to attempt to reunite with the owner, another method may be to drop it into one of the stores that they have a loyalty card for (if supermarket please go to one with a proper customer service desk, rather than one of those local/metro/express places), or even the local bank branch if there is a bank card in there.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: My husband found a purse this morning - 26th Apr 2011 9:23pm
The purse is safely reunited with the owner, took it to manor road police station, and i think they were able to get her address from a library card that was in the purse.They must have rung up the library and quoted the card number. Anyway the police were good enough to ring me and let me know that the lady came and collected her purse and she was very grateful.

sarah xx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral