Forums
Posted By: kamikazi Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 1:17pm
Earlier today I witnessed a motorcyclist get forced off the road by a Silver Nissan Pickup, the biker ended up crashing - the pick up drove off, leaving me and another passerby to help the guy to the side of the road and rescue his broken pride and joy. Luckily he wasn't too badly hurt, though there was a fair bit of damage to the bike. It could of been a lot worse. knocking local bikers off bikes when you live locally yourself is a bit silly?

K
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 1:44pm
take it you got the number then? I'm not a biker fan but that doesn't mean I go around destroying them.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 3:42pm
Didnt get the number but the other guy who stopped had an idea who it was as the vehicle was sign written. Doesnt matter if you dont like em or you love em, They are all piloted by humans, damaging fellow humans is against the law. I am a biker and this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.
K
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 3:50pm
what was the signwritting?

this is a criminal offence, fleeing from the scene of an accident is a very serious matter.

This idiot needs to be put before the court mad
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 3:56pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
what was the signwritting?

this is a criminal offence, fleeing from the scene of an accident is a very serious matter.

This idiot needs to be put before the court mad
withthat

No excuse out of order
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 4:14pm
Idiot,hope he gets done!
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 5:04pm
Getting the details checked out now, want to make sure before naming and shaming. Police weren't involved as the bloke was on the way back from MOT at Seabank and didn't have tax on the bike. Didn't want plod involved, he was really shaken up, lives round the corner from me.(as does the other guy.

K
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 5:40pm
Good job this didn't turn out as a serious accident then

Hope the guy on the bike is okay!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 8:29pm
I experienced road rage today at cheshire oaks. I was stuck on a roundabout and couldn't go anywhere as the exit I wanted to go onto had a queue. Guy behind me insisted on beeping his horn at me though. I could see him waving his hands etc. So as I go off the roundabout I stuck 2 fingers up to the window and shouted 'Grrr!' then remembered my mum was in the car blush She thought it was hilarious.
Posted By: starakita Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 8:38pm
I hate that its always a man there so impatient.I had one the other week I stuck my fingers up just as the police mobile camera van went past, my 12 year old thought it was funny.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Road rage - 2nd Apr 2011 8:55pm
Hello Kamakazi, was this opposite the fire station at the end of mill lane at dinner time?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Road rage - 3rd Apr 2011 3:43pm
Originally Posted by kamikazi9
Getting the details checked out now, want to make sure before naming and shaming. Police weren't involved as the bloke was on the way back from MOT at Seabank and didn't have tax on the bike. Didn't want plod involved, he was really shaken up, lives round the corner from me.(as does the other guy.

K

OOooo! That spoils it a bit.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Road rage - 3rd Apr 2011 4:37pm
Incident was on Mount Road June, just where the road narrows.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Road rage - 3rd Apr 2011 4:45pm
Pretty close to home that fella! Fair play for stopping and getting involved, far too many people would turn a blind eye!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Road rage - 3rd Apr 2011 5:39pm
Originally Posted by kamikazi9

K

If he was riding to or from from an MOT its perfectly legal to be without tax.
Posted By: ScottVernon55 Re: Road rage - 3rd Apr 2011 7:42pm
a big nissan people carrier nearly smashed me off my bike the ther day , it waas more of a beig color
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Road rage - 3rd Apr 2011 8:52pm
Perhaps Nissans are the new Volvo's hope your okay Scott

K
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 8:45am
Originally Posted by StuyMac

I'd double check that Stuy. I thought you were ok driving to a pre booked MOT with no tax... but then stupidly you can't drive home without tax if it passes the MOT...
although hopefully common sense would prevail and the 5-0 would be reasonable about driving home/to the post office etc...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 8:49am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
although hopefully common sense would prevail and the 5-0 would be reasonable about driving home/to the post office etc...

You'd like to think that, and 50% of plod probably would be okay, but they 50% that are jobs-worths, would probably throw the book at him!

It's probably not worth the risk - we live and learn I guess?

On the other hand, had he been a burglar who had been assaulted by an 80 year old lady whilst robbing her house, you know the old lady would be up before court and the burglar throwing in a CICA claim!!

Law in this country, is certainly an ass!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 9:54am

I'd double check that Stuy. I thought you were ok driving to a pre booked MOT with no tax... but then stupidly you can't drive home without tax if it passes the MOT...

The wording is now "to and from" (I almost said the same until I checked)

"Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test

You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle.

This is also for vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station, an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test."

SOURCE
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 10:14am
Thanks DD... Sorry i should have checked direct gov. Has it changed in the past couple of years then?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 10:51am
Thanks DD... Sorry i should have checked direct gov. Has it changed in the past couple of years then?
I don't know, but I am sure it used to be worded something like "to a pre-arranged MOT or place of repair", like you say, if it passed the MOT you were in catch-22
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 5:07pm
Also you can mot your car a month before its due, so simples....dont leave it till last minute!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Road rage - 4th Apr 2011 6:30pm
Yes, you are quite correct Sanchez, but human nature being what it is.... I'll do it tomorrow etc.

I speak from experience !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral