Forums
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 4:57pm
[Linked Image]

This mini was rebuilt from a bare shell and full restoration by me and my friend in 2009 for his son in under 6 months but some scumbag has stolen it from outside his house but it was boxed in by his dads van and mums car so who ever took it was defo after this car and don't look like it was a joy ride as no noise or alarm went off.

Please get in touch if you see this car as its a very prised car by mates son and all the work we put into it so it's not really replaceable and has numerous one of mods that we did to it and the bonnet stripes are painted not stickers and the whole car has had numerous panels and other repairs done so i know where it was welded and how the welding looks plus we stonechipped it fully underneath and painted british racing green under the front wings,bonnet,inside the car,under rear arches and poly bushed so we know the car inside and out.

So Please get in touch with me if you know or have seen this car in last 24 hrs as it needs to go back to the owner and police are involved and have even had forensics involved in the hunt for this and numerous hours by my friend looking for it.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 5:03pm
Do you think a few of them lifted it out from between the cars?
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 5:22pm
not sure but they knew what they were doing as it was alarmed and makes a lot of noise due to having a rc40 exhaust on it and need to know it to drive it as need just the right amount of choke as it's the last of the carb cars so makes it a rare k reg car and unusual bits all over it and was stolen from wallasey and mate just rung me that someone he knows that does mini's had his stolen last night and his 2 or 3 customers have had theirs stolen around xmas period
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 5:28pm
That's bad!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 5:35pm
That really sucks, you put your heart and soul into something, and some total a$$wipe thinks they are entitled to just take it.

I know how it feels, I have had somethning like that happen. We were totally gutted - but never did get it back. I really hope you are luckier - but somehow I rather doubt you'll ever see it again.

If you get lucky and catch the barstards then I hope they get whats coming to them... people who do things like this are the ... of the earth.
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 5:56pm
it looks like it's a spate of stealing minis and must be to order as for 5 to be stolen and 2 off them from wallasey and one of a main road must be pro's and have some way of moving them quickly and quietly as there is no trace of any of them at the moment. So if you own a mini please be careful as they are going after the classic shape mini's as they are getting rare and expensive nowdays and looks like they being stolen for stripping or to go abroad.
hope to see it again but not sure if we will.
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 5:57pm
thanks guys we put so much heart and soul into it i'm gutted and so is my mate and his son who owns the mini and we are all mega pee'd off.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 6:17pm
Have posted it here:

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=stln&thread=94930&page=1

It's hard to wonder where it could be, maybe stored in a garage. What about CCTV in the area?
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 6:45pm
police are looking at cctv but they must have a big lock up or a warehouse to put them in plus we think that they maybe using some sort of closed van or small wagon like cargo sized one to put them in as nobody has seen anything plus in late evening and on a busy road that a lot of cars and bikes use all day long but think it's got to be a team of thieves not kids taking for joyride as no noise and no signs of any of the 5 mini's that have been taken 2 i know of from wallasey there could be more and me and my mate reckon that they are being broken up or in a container going abroad maybe japan or the likes but mini's are easy to swap to left hand drive as all the hole's and brackets are already in them.
Thanks Davidb for posting i'm going to have a look around i think best place might be to check industrial units estate's for unusual activities
Posted By: ck666 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 7:51pm
yer ive had my mini broken into 3 times and striped of parts (bonnet, bumpers, mirrors, grill rocker cover ect) outside my house over the past 18 months i rearly feel 4 u, theres nothink worse than d***h***s messing up your pride and joy, its worring even with the loud exhaust and the rover alarm (same as mine)that some one still manages to steal it, i Rearly hope the police catch the B*****ds.
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 8:02pm
it was a aftermarket alarm professionally installed i would look mine up ck666 as they have taken 5 mini's now since xmas so make sure that it is blocked in on a driveway as my mates was on a road blocked inbetween 2 other cars and they took that one and the police are using foresnic's so they must know about the other one's that have gone for them to do that today at my mates, I'm actually glad that i sold my 2 earlier this year or i would be paranoid as mine would of been in the lock up and it would of been gone by now knowing my luck.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 9:41pm
I live just round the corner from where that picture was taken. Sorry to hear about the ... taking your mate's Mini. It's a shame that someone couldn't leave their Mini out in a prominent place and wait for these scumbags to turn up and then give them a good hiding. Or a least some kind of tracking device installed so they could be traced back to where they're operating from.
Posted By: IanGsi16v Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 3rd Jan 2011 9:42pm
Know how the lad must feel.

Had my car towed off the drive a couple of years ago, got bits back but most was never seen again.

Fingers crossed he gets it back.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 12:39am
barstard! Hope you get it back buddy frown
I'll keep an eye out for it.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 2:41am
I'd be havin a look down the port as there is a mini mad lad who is acustomed to takin cars/parts
Posted By: MikeT Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 6:36am
Originally Posted by endoxr4x4
Please get in touch if you see this car

I might have seen this on New Brighton prom yesterday (Monday 3rd), this would have been about 2.10pm ish. It was driving on the landside road of the prom (the one that runs parallel to the railway line) towards New Brighton. I was driving in the opposite direction, toward Harrison Drive.

Stealing it from Earlston Road took some cojones.

Noticed the car as it was in exceptional condition and the colour is about right judging from the photo. I had a mate from abroad in the car with me and and was explaining to him that the Mini I noticed was the forerunner to the BMW Mini I drive. Only glanced at it, I'm afraid, so can't be certain it was the same car. May be worth asking the coppers to look at the prom CCTV.

Feel free to PM me if I can help.

Hope your mate gets it back. I had an old banger of a Mini when I was younger, great fun to drive but it was about 6 inches shorter by the time I had to scrap it as I'd crashed it so many times smile

Mike
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 11:03am
Originally Posted by MrPhil
I'd be havin a look down the port as there is a mini mad lad who is acustomed to takin cars/parts

Not cliff surly?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 11:10am
Probably the cameras wont be working or turned the wrong way!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 12:24pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Originally Posted by MrPhil

Not cliff surly?

No.
Posted By: PinkyJolley Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 6:40pm
Any news ?? x
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:12pm
no news yet had a scan around last night and mates are all on the hunt so if we find it with someone driving it police will be needed to protect them.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:21pm
Originally Posted by endoxr4x4
no news yet had a scan around last night and mates are all on the hunt so if we find it with someone driving it police will be needed to protect them.

Much as I may agree with you 100% I have experience of the police reaction when you catch someone stealing your car, and they're not always sympathetic.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:24pm
NO they wont be,it's their job.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:29pm
But I would do the same!
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:39pm
just spoke to my mate and theres a gang hitting all over the country as they have done nottingham,lake district and now on the wirral and seem to have gone after a couple a days as mates son who owns the car has been on loads of mini forums and been a few reported on them.

So if you own a mini make sure it's trapped and can't be taken out.
mate said that one from the lakes is on a forum and people seen it happen and thieves pushed it and manouvered it around another car and then put it on a flat bed wagon and then it was gone but his neighbours thought it was him taking it away as he was always doing bits of work on it.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:40pm
Bloody Hell!
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 4th Jan 2011 9:55pm
yep they are the lowest of the low and they have used a flat bed to move them when in the lake district and are so blazen that people saw them do one but just thought it was the owner moving his mini to have work done that was one of the many from the lake district
6 mini's they have had now as spoke to my mate and he knows of another one gone now.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 7:57am
Why the sudden spate of thefts? Where are they all going?
Posted By: phaedra Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 8:23am
Good news!!! Ours and the missing red one have been found last night outside a house in Moreton. No damage apart from missing number plate and false plate on rear.
Cant believe it, thought it was gone for good.
Thanks to everyone who was out looking for it
Posted By: delta6 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 8:28am
excellent news.
whereabouts in moreton phaedra?
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 8:44am
I'm so made up that it has been found and thank you to everybody for keeping a look out for them just shows how social networking and the local forums work so well in a time of crisis.
I will be helping my mate check the green mini over and make it secure again.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 8:52am
That's fantastic news, well done happy
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 8:56am
yep it sure is ste. hope the police find the people who did it now.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 9:12am
Brilliant news!

Hope they get charged!!!
Posted By: reddragon Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 10:20am
THAT'S FANTASTIC NEWS glad you got it back clap
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 10:29am
yep i hope they get charged with a kilo of c4.lol
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 11:14am
you'd think the scuffers would pull in flat beds with minis on and do a check wouldn't you? Or is that too simple? Glad you got it back anyway, we loved ours too.
Posted By: fizzbomb120 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 11:19am
Nice one. I use to see one like this parked by the sportsmans pub in tranmere. There is a little work shop there that does work on nice numbers like that. Glad you got it back wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 11:25am
That brill news..
Posted By: BettyTurnip1 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 2:04pm
Hurray! So, so pleased you got it back, and no real damage, what a nice endin to this saga for you, phew! Made up for you..
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 3:59pm
What good news and not far away either.
To be honest I didn't think you would see it again.So pleased.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 4:03pm
Nice to hear some good news for a change. Really glad you got it back. I had a mini automatic moons ago. Best car economy and reliabilty-wise I ever had. Far better than today's so-called mini !
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 4:06pm
Brilliant news. Very pleased for you!!
Posted By: BigMumf Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 10:11pm
Blimey, a result for a change!!
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 5th Jan 2011 10:21pm
last night we had gave up hope of seeing it again but then my mate got a call and he rung me this morning to let me know the good news.
Just waiting till they get it back as the police have it at the moment.
I've had loads of mini's and most will of seen my old red one terrorising the street's a few years back couldn't miss it then again would of heard it before you saw it.lol
yep defo one of the most reliable cars i've owned and the proper Mini is so much better than the german wannabe.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Stolen mini 2nd january 9-11pm - 6th Jan 2011 12:31am
you are very lucky get some money on the lottery as this must be your lucky
made up you got it back
julie
© Wirral-Wikiwirral