Forums
The barstards came over the wall of the mother in laws house in Green Lawn in the middle of the night and took the copper pipe feeding her outside toilet and tap. Caused a right mess, water everywhere. She heard a noise but as a widow of 78 was too scared to look out. Times are desperate I know, but there must be other ways of making a living than from doing this to an old lady, Grrrs.
Ahh poor lady. There are some real low-lifes out there.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 15th Nov 2010 9:48pm
Every home needs night vision cctv
Absolutely, is it difficult/expensive to install?
Posted By: johncon Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 15th Nov 2010 9:54pm
some proper ... out there at the moment seem to think its ok to prey on the elderley
Posted By: dan0h Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 15th Nov 2010 11:09pm
My god, I've heard some low crimes, but that one is a new record. Sympathies to your mother in law, disgraceful.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 3:57am
little toerags,wouldn't no what a hard days graft looked like,
take my hat off to a good thief any day of the week,
The robbing rats that steal other peoples property need a hammer taking to there knee caps hammer hammer
Posted By: bert1 Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 6:17am
Whats a good thief?
Is a 'good thief' one who doesn't steal anything,or is that a contradiction in terms?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 9:21am
..., cant believe they did it just for some copper pipe!
That's low.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Harsher punishments are needed. A lot of people will think twice then...
low life ....I know how she feels,even if they get caught its a smack on the hand naughty boy dont do it again and 150 hours of community service.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 4:46pm
they have been robbing the copper gas pipes in tranmere over the last few months as well
I know someone who had copper pipe stolen off the side of their house - not sure where they live. Tranmere I think. Had just moved in.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 11:12pm
sherlock summer raftl smile
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 11:19pm
Most thieves of the kind you'd find in Rock Ferry and central Birkenhead are stealing for smack or rock. I used to work next to the Ark off Cleveland St and you could never leave anything on show in your car. If a smack head could steal a pack of cigs, well that's a few more £ towards his bag of scag.

They used to raid our skip at the back of the factory so we'd sneak around and lock the doors on the skip when they were inside scavenging. We'd leave them inside for a good half an hour and let them get very distressed.

They are opportunists so you need to make things as unattractive to steal as possible, dogs, broken glass cemented to your wall, alarms, security lights and good locks all help. Most importantly, it's not worth leaving anything on show that has any value whatsoever.
Posted By: dan0h Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 16th Nov 2010 11:20pm
Reading this thread makes me feel like watching "Outlaw" again.
the house opposite me was empty for a few months whilst waiting for a new tenant.someone move in last week and they must of had the gas turned back on,there was a pipe missing from the side wall and it was spueing gas into the road for a few hours before the gas board came to turn it off.that was in tranmere.
I think that might have been him lol

Tall bloke early 30s
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 29th Nov 2010 12:54pm
Unbelievable :-(
had copper pipe stolen from van in drive early this year tranmere area .had ctv image of him he not a young lad and he on a push bike .think we seen him since with a stainless steel sink top on his bike so he must be local (could it be same fella)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Watch out theres thieves about in Rock Ferry - 29th Nov 2010 2:25pm
Originally Posted by dan0h
Reading this thread makes me feel like watching "Outlaw" again.

Lol top film, Danny dyer. , good film summer smile

Lol @ niel_c "locking them in the skip" raftl
few yrs ago my house was rewired and when the workmen had finished they left bits of wire and other rubbish in the front garden and said it would be cleared away next day, 10 o'clock that night i heard a noise in the front garden, went to have a look and there was a bloke rooting through the rubbish,and he just kept on rooting while i was there!! when i asked what he thought he was doing he said he would clear it away for me, now i know the workmen would'nt come at 10 at night!! so i told him to get going and that he had no right being in my garden at night,he took loads of pieces of wire,they were too short to do anything with,he said he wanted them to do something with! my son said what they do is strip the copper wire out and sell it!!
anything for a quick fix eh!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral