Forums
Posted By: Sallybear White van man Oxton-beware - 18th Aug 2010 3:39pm
My daughters friends have been approached less than an hour ago by a man in a white van on Balls Road, police have been informed by the parents.

The girls involved were 12/13 and the man made sexual advances on the girls.

This is a busy road with plenty of public around, very scary as summer holidays mean more of us are allowing our kids out.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: White van man Oxton-beware - 19th Aug 2010 5:14pm
Hope they got the reg plate. Shame there wasn't a police car around when it happened.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: White van man Oxton-beware - 21st Aug 2010 5:55pm
Any more news if they caught the barstard?
Posted By: Sallybear Re: White van man Oxton-beware - 23rd Aug 2010 6:50pm
No never caught the guy, you think there would be something in the press, I mean this was blatantly in a busy public place, quite scary. I know there's only a couple of weeks left of the kids holidays but now everyone is keeping them indoors.

How are kids ever going to grow up if they are ferried from place to place and never allowed to explore!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: White van man Oxton-beware - 23rd Aug 2010 7:38pm
this is why we need big brother but most of you lot `dont want to be filmed`
[Linked Image]

Posted By: bert1 Re: White van man Oxton-beware - 24th Aug 2010 4:35am
I suppose this subject has been debated to death, i am one of those in the ,if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about brigade. In my view, if i have been wronged against, i want everything that is possibly available to bring the wrong doers to justice, if a child of mine goes missing or is in harms way, again i want every possible means available to protect them. If i want that then i must accept, what works for me can also work against me, if the occasion arises. I am not paranoid enough to think that cameras are on me and me alone 24/7, in fact i never give them any thought, why would i, I'm not a law breaker. I do believe they are a deterrent and have help solve many misdoings.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: White van man Oxton-beware - 24th Aug 2010 10:44am
I am quite happy for cameras to be everywhere, so long as they do not invade my privacy in my home/garden etc. Can't see why anyone would have an issue with them in all public places but I know some do.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral