Forums
Posted By: Bezzymate Hanging Basket - 24th Jul 2010 12:40pm
Thankyou to the black hoody wearing ... who tried to steal my hanging basket.
He didn't manage to unhook it,so tipped the plants out onto the path. The noise woke my husband who saw him running away after kicking over a potted plant.
I know it's only a plant,but it's upsetting when you try to improve the look of your house for yourself and those passing by.
Posted By: FormoD Re: Hanging Basket - 24th Jul 2010 12:52pm
Scumbag!.The idiots around here actually leave things for you , like empty beer/pop cans chippy wrappings etc. all neatly deposited over the garden wall. Thanks a lot!
Posted By: Handbag Re: Hanging Basket - 24th Jul 2010 2:22pm
Its happened to us a couple of times over the years.. our solution was to padlock the damned basket to the hanger... doesnt look so nice but they haven't stolen mine since
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Hanging Basket - 24th Jul 2010 8:06pm
Thankyou for your response.X
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hanging Basket - 24th Jul 2010 10:21pm
We've had plants ruined by jealous, brainless idiots, I'll never understand their motive behind it.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Hanging Basket - 25th Jul 2010 8:27pm
It was tied on with wire and that is why when they could not take it they tipped the plants out.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Hanging Basket - 25th Jul 2010 9:52pm
I hope what goes around comes around. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: diesel Re: Hanging Basket - 26th Jul 2010 1:00pm
Doesnt seem to matter what you do to secure or look after your property these idiots think that they are untouchable, couple of years ago a few of us around our way had our mirrors on our cars damaged, I found out who they were phoned police who did not seem interested in fact I ended up being threatened with arrest for taking thing into my own hands. what help is there or hope for that matter for decent hard working folk?.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Hanging Basket - 26th Jul 2010 4:37pm
My hanging baskets are connected up to 3 phase 440 volts supply, with a pool of water under each one. If this don't get em, the Rotty will or the broken glass on top of the electrified wall with the automatic 12 bore in line!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Hanging Basket - 27th Jul 2010 12:46pm
Oooh I do like your security set-up!!!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Hanging Basket - 27th Jul 2010 1:16pm
Blimey, I was looking at a property up there this weekend. I'll cross that one off my list then. It's a bugger when your hard work is destroyed by mentally challenged ... though.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Hanging Basket - 27th Jul 2010 8:28pm
Oh no please don't let this put you off,it's deff' not the norm.
I just wanted to let others know that I was upset.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Hanging Basket - 30th Jul 2010 3:27pm
Bezzy, it was Rock Ferry I was looking at. I'll still be over soon. I've got rock all worth robbin' anyway.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hanging Basket - 30th Jul 2010 5:05pm
Originally Posted by Tatey
My hanging baskets are connected up to 3 phase 440 volts supply, with a pool of water under each one. If this don't get em, the Rotty will or the broken glass on top of the electrified wall with the automatic 12 bore in line!

You'll find its 410 now days, but I like the idea wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hanging Basket - 30th Jul 2010 6:52pm
Would that mean you could....

....wait for it....

....plant bulbs shifty
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Hanging Basket - 30th Jul 2010 10:25pm
I worked in Rock Ferry for a long time, not a lot has changed.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Hanging Basket - 31st Jul 2010 12:02pm
Byrne Ave, Bedford Road, Fieldside, Clark Avenue.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Hanging Basket - 4th Aug 2010 7:59pm
Oh see what you mean! Just come back from my sister's in Kent. She lives out in the sticks but, they have trouble with damage by foreign fruit pickers. Looks like there is no escape.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral