Forums
Posted By: Ducko the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 6:37pm
the blood tub gettin closed on 3rd ov november its gettin puled down moore ov were i grew up to be taken a way gutted its were i had my first pint where dose it stop there is nothink left
Posted By: Wench Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 6:49pm
Where is the blood tub?? What's it's proper name? Either way, gutted for you Ducko.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 6:52pm
Near the old Kwik Save in the North End
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 6:52pm
Better get some good pics then before it gets pulled down.

Loads of Higher Tranmere has come down aswell.

Doubt any of it will be replaced anytime soon just like the river streets no
Posted By: Wench Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 6:58pm
Ahhhh, the one with the flats on top of it. I'm with you now. That's a nice building when you take a proper look at it.

I know what you mean about Tranmere too - I came back from down south and my old home had been demolished. I used to live in Hadlow Gardens (the top tower block on the hill).

I take it they will be building flats on the site of the pub then? Not that anyone will be able to afford one smack
Posted By: Ducko Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 6:58pm
it's proper name is the new dock hotel
Posted By: Wench Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 7:06pm
I know they need to regenerate certain areas on the Wirral but some things should be allowed to remain. There's no money in pubs anymore, but what about the elderly people for whom the pub visit is the only chance they get to actually have some human interraction?? First the post offices, now this.

The mind boggles!
Posted By: Ducko Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 7:08pm
ye mate a mix ov old and new
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 8:32pm
i thought that it was due to get knocked down! did not know it would be so soon.another pub bits the dust? thumbsdown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 8:36pm
think i`ll move to the country no
Posted By: mike849 Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 8:47pm
i cant believe how many pubs are being closed, knocked down and turned into apartments/flats somad
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 8:58pm
too true!would of thought it would have been listed? its the only orignal building left there!unless its on the next burn list? no
Posted By: peodude Re: the blood tub - 22nd Sep 2008 11:58pm
T'is a shame, my Grandad and I used to go there nearly every Thursday for a game of pool whilst i was at Birkenhead Sixth Form College, and he lived by St James Church.

I'll have to try and get down there with him, he's now moved to Irby, for one last game before it closes frown
Posted By: x_EmZ_BaBy_x Re: the blood tub - 23rd Sep 2008 3:24pm
i actually grew up by the blood tube i'm actualy going to be shocked when that pub goes thats where i hanged out when i was a kid frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: the blood tub - 23rd Sep 2008 7:57pm
'its the only original building left there'
Its not exactly original - built in 60s wasn't it?
The only original thing left round there is the remnants of Lee tapestry works (Kwik Save).
I wonder what they are planning for the area?
Maybe more 'social' housing?
Wouldn't it be ironic if they put up something similar to dock cottages - they could throw hundreds of undesirables in them!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: the blood tub - 23rd Sep 2008 8:04pm
there was word that mp frank was looking for a place for an asbo place! could this be the place?
Posted By: FreckledHen Re: the blood tub - 23rd Sep 2008 8:10pm
Na! He was going to put undesirables in metal containers under the flyover by B & Q !
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: the blood tub - 23rd Sep 2008 8:12pm
sounds like a good place for them! thumbsup
Posted By: Mark Re: the blood tub - 23rd Sep 2008 11:18pm
Running Topic in Wirral History smile

Click Me

This Topic is closed smile
Follow the link above.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral