Forums
Posted By: Wheels Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 12:14am
at 22:30 tonight 25/11/07

I was sitting in my living room when i heard a noise in the back garden, i jumped up and opened the curtains to see my side gate open (it was locked closed) i ran out down to my shed and saw that My Reebok full suspension bike was missing along with my JBL base tube mad

i ran through my gate into the street but noone was to be seen. now it must of only just happened cos my security light was on but i didnt notice it as i swapped the bulb for a dull energy saving one smack

my CCTV camera is not up either. police have just left and i suggested that CSI will be a waste of time but they still gave me the option. they put the message out for Observations and gave me a number. ?!?

anyway i just screwed the shed door closed and put a padlock on my gate, tomorrow im putting screws in cement across my wall and vandle grease and some how fit my cctv up.

I anyone offers you a green/black full suspension mountain bike or jbl base tube let me know

pic of bike:
[Linked Image]

CALL ME on : 07947325700

Thanks Whelan

Posted By: Waddi Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 12:28am
gutted for ta mate, get some cameras from work
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 12:31am
gutted for ya man.. fookin lovely bike..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 1:04am
Sorry to hear this fella, the cheeky fooks mad mad
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 8:06am
Where about was this?

I saw some kids destroying a suspension bike in Upton, not sure if it would be the same bike though as i think the rear suspension might of been different
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 9:51am
Sorry to hear that some parentless medical experiment stole your bike. Maybe preaching to the converted here but always use clutch head screws on the hinges and hasp/staple. They can't (easily) be unscrewed. On both side of the actual pivot point, put in a decent coach bolt with nut & large diameter washer on the inside. That's a deterrent against the jemmy. If the shed is not made out of half-inch steel plate and girders, they'll get in eventually if they really want to.

Sadly, there's only so much you can do.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 9:56am
gutted for ya mate
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 10:08am
gutted for ya

will let you know if I see or hear anything
Posted By: jonah Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 11:21am
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
gutted for ya

will let you know if I see or hear anything

me too matey !
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 12:18pm
Unlucky mate. If i hear anything i'll let you know.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 12:20pm
cheers guys.

im off to beef up security now. the bike is like new and is exactly as you see it in the picture (still with bike lock on x-bar)

1 question tho, how do i mix cement? lol.
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 12:50pm
3 shovels red sand
1 shovle cement
an add water but dont make it sloppy
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 5:57pm
might be a long shot mate but try cash convertors we got are house robbed a few years ago lukily they only managed to get a video camera but the police caught them selling it in cash convertors

has ya bike got a police serial code stamped on it.??
Posted By: Mark Re: Just been robbed. - 26th Nov 2007 7:41pm
Gutted for yu Wheels,
Any distinctive marks on it mate?

Hopefully it will be found.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 11:49am
Does smart water work on Bikes (I'm guessing that it might wash off if you're out in the rain)?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 12:07pm
smart water lasts quite a while on skin but i doubt it will work on metal.

There are identifieng mark's and after market parts on the bike but i wont disclose them incase they get changed.

I had a bike stolen once and got it back month's later when some guy rid past me on it. I followed him to his house to see were he lived. Then rallied the troop's for a kicking.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 1:17pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
smart water lasts quite a while on skin but i doubt it will work on metal.

That's what I thought - it looked really stupid after I'd submitted it but I guessed that smart water was a little more sticky than normal water.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 2:12pm
well im no expert but i assume that it lasts longer on skin and clothing cos it can be absorbed into it.

Why did you mention smart water any way? That stuff is normally used in jewelly shops etc...
Posted By: Pomp Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 2:30pm
http://www.smartwater.com/movie/SmartWater_Movie.html

Its got a bike on this video where he says "on property" so maybe it does work on a bike.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 2:33pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
well im no expert but i assume that it lasts longer on skin and clothing cos it can be absorbed into it.

Why did you mention smart water any way? That stuff is normally used in jewelly shops etc...

Someone at work was talking about it and I wasn't really sure what it was suitable for.
Posted By: spinking Re: Just been robbed. - 27th Nov 2007 2:49pm
Sorry to here about this matey.

Some dirty scumbags tried robbing mine and the misses bikes from the back garden lastweek (i dont live far from you might be the same peps)

Anyways as they were lockd up they only too the front wheel of Donna's bike and tried to get the back off mine but the chain went through it.

Thought i know who took it but as yet nothing come up was even looking in the garden the otherday.

Hope somthing comes of it mate.

I'll keep an eye out.
Posted By: GaryB Re: Just been robbed. - 29th Nov 2007 10:02pm
Sorry to here that dude. Its a horrible feeling finding your bike not there I know. Hope you find it!! Was it insured?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Just been robbed. - 10th Dec 2008 1:04am
i miss my bike frown
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Just been robbed. - 10th Dec 2008 8:33am
alert the local second hand shops and take a drive past where the local ferral ... hang around of a night.gutted for you mate
It also may be worth thinking of what houses your bike was visible from when you where pitting it away.we got our shed done about 3 years ago and it turned out it was the people at the back who watched us put things in it everyday.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Just been robbed. - 10th Dec 2008 8:56am
Originally Posted by krisGTi
3 shovels red sand
1 shovle cement
an add water but dont make it sloppy

Will that be enough to make concrete boots for the scrotes if they are ever found? mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Just been robbed. - 10th Dec 2008 2:45pm
Originally Posted by jonno40
alert the local second hand shops and take a drive past where the local ferral ... hang around of a night.gutted for you mate
It also may be worth thinking of what houses your bike was visible from when you where pitting it away.we got our shed done about 3 years ago and it turned out it was the people at the back who watched us put things in it everyday.

topic is a year old bud think its well gone.

Posted By: DavidB Re: Just been robbed. - 11th Dec 2008 5:30pm
I once caught a group of lads with my bike 1/2 an hour after stealing it. It was totally knackered, they'd just taken it and threw it about.

Hope you get it back. Police were helpful as usual.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Just been robbed. - 13th Dec 2008 12:48pm
A tyre had just been stolen from my driveway!
It was sat on top of a well covered engine, and they managed to knock everything off getting it. I mean, WTF?!? It's a tyre!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Just been robbed. - 13th Dec 2008 12:52pm
Station mate, sounds like your in a bad bad area!
Posted By: Razzi Re: Just been robbed. - 13th Dec 2008 1:08pm
I once put a broken washer/ dryer out for the ERic service who were picking it up the next morning & smackheads from further down the road were seen pushing it into their house later that night ... does that count. (Made me laugh tho)

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just been robbed. - 13th Dec 2008 5:43pm
Technically, it's theft, as I found out on a UE mission. If you pick up anything that does'nt belong to you, even if it does not belong to anyone else, it is still theft, amazingly.

I was carrying some tools for UE, and when the plod pulled me over, they asked where I got them from, and I told them I found them on the floor (which I did, to be honest, although they were strategically dumped there lol) and was advised that I could technically be prosecuted for it, but the plod said as I had no criminal record, he could'nt be arsed with it basically lol.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Just been robbed. - 15th Dec 2008 11:43am
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
Station mate, sounds like your in a bad bad area!

It's okay now, I realised yesterday it was propping up my car. laugh
But they still managed to make mess, the nosey Grrrs.
Posted By: Handbag Re: Just been robbed. - 19th Jan 2009 9:52am
Before you put up your vandal grease, a quick word of caution....

A friend of mine had to put up a notice saying to beware of the vandal grease on her property, I know it takes the p*ss but apparently it is your legal obligation to put up a warning notice telling your local thugs that its there... also talk to your neighbours about it, several of ours were very annoyed when their cats came in covered in the stuff!

In reply to AR_One smart water DOES work it is applied as a liquid metal paint that bonds with the metal at a molecular level so it is impossible to remove. I know that there has been a lot of interest in this in Wallasey and several of the community support officers are trying to get the scheme running through local schools and community centres. The proposed charge was estimated at being around £3 per bike. It might be worth getting in touch with your local crime prevention officers to discuss the scheme.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Just been robbed. - 19th Jan 2009 12:34pm
at £3 a bike its deffo worth in considering most decent bikes are £300+

Im still gutted i lost this bike as I really looked after it and enjoyed riding it.
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: Just been robbed. - 21st Jan 2009 10:03am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Technically, it's theft, as I found out on a UE mission. If you pick up anything that does'nt belong to you, even if it does not belong to anyone else, it is still theft, amazingly.

Yes but... Everything belongs to someone. Rubbish in your bin TECNICALLY belongs to the waste services. The same as the washing thingy here. If no owner can be FOUND, it is taken that the owner is the crown. So you are stealing from the Crown.

The law is MEANT to cover things like "treasure trove" and others items "of value", but what is "of value" to one is an empty plastic coke bottle to another. Therefore the law covers everything that can be "owned".
Posted By: DavidB Re: Just been robbed. - 2nd Feb 2009 11:55am
Originally Posted by Handbag
Before you put up your vandal grease, a quick word of caution....

A friend of mine had to put up a notice saying to beware of the vandal grease on her property, I know it takes the p*ss but apparently it is your legal obligation to put up a warning notice telling your local thugs that its there... also talk to your neighbours about it, several of ours were very annoyed when their cats came in covered in the stuff!

In reply to AR_One smart water DOES work it is applied as a liquid metal paint that bonds with the metal at a molecular level so it is impossible to remove. I know that there has been a lot of interest in this in Wallasey and several of the community support officers are trying to get the scheme running through local schools and community centres. The proposed charge was estimated at being around £3 per bike. It might be worth getting in touch with your local crime prevention officers to discuss the scheme.

It's not well known that you only have to put up a warning sign on a business property. You can erect camera towers and use the recordings as evidence in court and use vandal grease on your =own property=. If you do it on a business, you have to advertise the fact that you are doing so. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral