Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Tasering Again - 20th Jan 2017 6:14pm
Police totally blew it this time ...

Tasered a person becuase of mistaken identity (second time with this person).
Tasered a 63 year old.
Tasered in the face (against all guidlines).
Had no right to detain the person.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tasering Again - 20th Jan 2017 7:29pm
yes just seen it. One of the race relation guys who works with police as well .This comes when you don't bow down and submit to authority. Probably wouldn't have happened to most of us because we would have not "argued" our rights but simply and politely told the police they were mistaken.I think its "am I obliged to give you my name, Officer" "am I being detained Officer" "am I free to go Officer"
At least should be sued for negligence for tasering in face could have blinded the old man.
Good job the neighbour was filming.
More fuel for the anti police brigade
Posted By: cools Re: Tasering Again - 20th Jan 2017 7:48pm
Not good and bad but as Fish says why do you have to resist and not just talk to them. In this day and age it must be very frightening to be a police officer having just seconds to decide what to do to save yourself and colleagues from injury. Female officer as well who did it. Panicked maybe.I wonder who they thought he was and why they wanted him.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Tasering Again - 20th Jan 2017 8:27pm
Be interesting to see and hear the officers cameras and any audio if possible.
In these days of mobile phones with cameras how easy would it be to setup a confrontation that could end up with a fairly large compensation award or out of court settlement.
Whether it was or wasn't a taser to the eyes would not have been expected.
If it had been me I'd have given proof of my identity.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tasering Again - 21st Jan 2017 12:58am
He has received compensation before for being mistaken as the same person.

Why on earth she did a head shot doesn't make any sense, she wasn't under pressure at the time she took the shot, indeed it was an unnatural shot to take, her hands were low down, to shoot upwards would take a concerted effort.

The police also had the choice of arresting or detaining him in the first place when he refused to id himself - they chose not to, instead the incident was bound to escalate.

The police also chose the physical route without any rights whatsoever to do so - for the man to be charged with assaulting a police officer is a complete joke, he was lawfully trying to make progress to his place of residence.

Its a totally mishandled situation by the police who think they can do what they like, they should have gone my the book instead of the Hill Street Blues style.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tasering Again - 21st Jan 2017 6:51pm
Quote Derek "If it had been me I'd have given proof of my identity."

That's because you can think outside the box and that police can make mistakes. The old man was black carribbean and probably the mindset that his colour are picked on by the police --which he would know as a race relations officer. Does his race relations expertise involve him telling blacks to just argue their rights and not how to diffuse a situation.

Police do have a problem--one is the affect of the uniform the other is the way in which certain cops handle their "authority". They must be getting naffed off by all the youtube videos of enlightend public knowing the actual law better than them.
One of my lads went out for a walk in early hours as he was a bit down and not sleeping and cops pulled him over and wanted his name and address and didn't phrase the "am I obliged to give you name and address officer" line quite like that and ended getting body slammed into the police car and searched. What image is that going to give him of the police.

On another occasion in Birkenhead my friend was doing a bit of street preaching and this bobby came up and started giving him grief saying he was the new bobby on the beat blah de blah and telling porkies or at least an ignorance of the law. He got quite nasty. What he didn't realise was my friend was voice recording it on a tape. It was reported.

Ive had some dealings with the police and they couldn't have been nicer and understood the situation and some have been extremely helpful.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tasering Again - 19th May 2018 9:15pm
Well after a considerable period of time, the Judge has agreed that the policewoman could have been acting in self defence.

This is laughable, prior to tasering him they did not arrest him BUT they did get violent with him, they had no right to enter his property without arresting him unless they had a warrant. Even when his ID was produced they refused to check it, they also ignored a neighbour who vouched for him.

Unbelievably they have stopped him again since this event, strange they are so obsessed with a wanted person for over 10 years that they incorrectly identify Ras so often.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral