Forums
Posted By: granny HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 7th Jan 2017 9:07am
Ethiopian girl band Yegna's funding axed by UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38538631

I cannot believe what I am reading. Who sits in authority to make these decisions. Are they friends of friends, or Baroness Chakrabarti (that 'Baroness' bit, really grates) or some admin officer in central government. Who ? Because things need to change IMO on decision making.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 7th Jan 2017 10:57am
Come on granny it was only £5.2million according to the story...girls gotta live! Smacks a bit like an attempt via the backdoor to try and destabilise the country through youth culture.
Posted By: granny Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 7th Jan 2017 10:53pm
Smacks a bit of Kid's Company too !

By Jove, she was a crook if ever there was. (where does the expression 'By Jove' come from)
Posted By: fish5133 Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 8th Jan 2017 11:54am
By jove i suspct is a reference to jehovah .
Posted By: casper Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 8th Jan 2017 1:00pm
Originally Posted by granny
Smacks a bit of Kid's Company too !

By Jove, she was a crook if ever there was. (where does the expression 'By Jove' come from)

Ken Dodd smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 10th Jan 2017 9:58am
In eighteenth and nineteenth century England, it was considered a great offense to say "By God". Instead, men would say "BY Jove". Jove is an alternative name for the Roman god Jupiter. By saying "By Jove!", they could be saying "By God!", without committing a social offense.
Posted By: granny Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 10th Jan 2017 3:25pm

Thanks Salmon. All roads lead to Rome smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 10th Jan 2017 3:42pm
Originally Posted by granny

Thanks Salmon. All roads lead to Rome smile

Yes Granny I remember the song.

Country roads,take me rome smile
Posted By: granny Re: HowTo Spend UK Aid ? - 10th Jan 2017 4:35pm
Music thread, Dilly .It's the Maoris that only have 15 letters in their alphabet, is that how you are getting confused ? H not R ,silly Dilly.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral