Forums
Posted By: venice Russian TV channel -' RT' - 23rd Nov 2016 1:44pm
Today, the EU have voted by a wide margin, to stop RT TV stations beaming their 'propaganda' into EU member countries. They have lumped the 'progaganda' of RT into the same catagory as propaganda from ISIS . shocked smack

How strange, nothing yet in the UK media that Ive seen about the demonstrations in London today, about such proposed censorship - but I turn on RT, and theres information about the EU vote and the mention of the UK demo! BBC is so slow - or already keeping us in the dark under orders???

To me ,if Ive understood the situation correcty this EU vote seems scandalous . We are already in trouble with Russia who insist we are freezing RT bank accounts here which may hinder their operations , despite the UK saying that our state owned NatWest bank acted independently .Is that the truth I wonder? All seems a really dangerous escalating situation .Gets harder to know what to believe every day about everything--- if we are prevented from seeing RT (and if that succeeds other foreign channels may follow) we really wont be living in a 'free' country , and we will only learn what the UK govt want us to learn about.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Russian TV channel -' RT' - 23rd Nov 2016 4:10pm
A friend of mine regularly appears on RT (an former BBC investigative journalist) , and yes it does imo have a propagandist bias but it actually brings to light a lot of stuff the MSM don't touch or put their own spin on . In some ways its helpeful knowing what the other side are saying even if you think its bias
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Russian TV channel -' RT' - 23rd Nov 2016 6:07pm
I follow RT and they are very often first with any international breaking story.
As for bias and propaganda - BBC fits that bill very nicely IMHO
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Russian TV channel -' RT' - 23rd Nov 2016 6:19pm
wow don't let them watch fox news.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Russian TV channel -' RT' - 23rd Nov 2016 8:03pm
As Venice said there is only RT who covers 'demo's' etc. Not only the large ones in London but also regionally too. They covered - live- the shambolic White Man March in Liverpool, last year, I felt, without bias.

I also agree with Softys point of view.

Oh, and it's always interesting to compare the reporting of a 'breaking news' story with say, Sky News. Sky News are so sensationalist in their reporting- I can hardly bear to watch it.
Posted By: venice Re: Russian TV channel -' RT' - 23rd Nov 2016 8:31pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
I follow RT and they are very often first with any international breaking story.
As for bias and propaganda - BBC fits that bill very nicely IMHO

Yes, they display it over and over and over.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral