Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Bordering On Madness - 13th Sep 2016 12:56pm
The proposed political border changes typify how mad this country is getting.

The proposal is that there will be a new constituency called "Bebington and Heswall", however, Bebington is not going to be in it as that will be moved to Birkenhead constituency. Why on earth use a name that is not going to be part of it.

Also, yet again, they are also proposing that part of the borough will be represented by an MP from a different Borough:- Eastham to be part of Cheshire's constituencies.

If Frank Field can't see the absurdities then he must be loosing his marbles. I notice he's escaped from his old New Ferry home, I hope he's not moved to Cheshire!

SOURCE
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Bordering On Madness - 13th Sep 2016 2:53pm
Gerrymandering is an unusual word isnt it?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Bordering On Madness - 13th Sep 2016 8:41pm
Bebington and Heswall .... also known as the North --South divide
Posted By: granny Re: Bordering On Madness - 13th Sep 2016 8:57pm
Frank Field spoke on the tv earlier, I think he's not too happy.

I don't know what is worse ? Part of Cornwall and Devon are to be combined . Wallasey could be linked with Kirkdale , as someone from the Capitol suggested about 10 years ago ! Now that would be madness.

I can see the reasoning behind it, but yet again those that make the choices are not necessarily in the right places. I doubt it will make much difference and it has happened before when no one really bothered about it.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Bordering On Madness - 13th Sep 2016 9:10pm
Politics is all mumbo jumbo which there is (unfortunately) no escape from
Even monkey's have political parties
Sorry I meant countries laugh
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Bordering On Madness - 13th Sep 2016 9:18pm
On serious note. Yes it is madness
Posted By: dool4lit4tle Re: Bordering On Madness - 14th Sep 2016 10:08pm
They just like to play at trying to be clever, never explain to us the ordinary non thinking public (sarcasm) in this so called democratic country :eh:only when there's an election, that's when they go about kissing babies, and being ever so friendly to everyone, who normally they would not even give the time of day,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral