Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Sharia Law v UK Law--Divorce - 11th Jul 2016 8:58am
Obviously not the full facts and I don't know if the muslim lady still has to go through UK divorce laws but this will raise a few eyebrows --. The muslim scholar declares her marriage nullified--do we have duel law systems

"Yasmeenah" is seeking an Islamic divorce from her husband and has turned to a Sharia council in the hope one will be granted by Islamic scholars.

This council at Birmingham Central Mosque is one of an estimated 30 established councils across the UK, often referred to as Sharia "courts".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36738935
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Sharia Law v UK Law--Divorce - 11th Jul 2016 9:16am
Just a little more

The courts' rulings, such as this one, are not recognised by the UK system, and these councils have no legal powers - although many of the women who claim they have been abused also go to the police.

The scholars' judgements, however, can carry moral and cultural weight by ending the divorce before God.

"If I went to an English court [my ex-husband] would say, 'Where is their right to decide about my life?' Now he can't say anything because the decision has been made using Sharia law, and we all believe in that," she explains.

ALSO
Aleena - not her real name - says she wanted a divorce because her partner used to rape her on a regular basis. He was also a polygamist.

"When I contacted my nearest Sharia council for a divorce they pressured me into mediation, which I didn't want.

"It arranged the mediation with one of its local religious advisers. I had to visit this man alone at his home. He asked me very personal questions about my sex life.

"He said that polygamy was allowed. He said, 'Be patient, you have lasted 22 years, why do you want a divorce now?'"

Posted By: casper Re: Sharia Law v UK Law--Divorce - 11th Jul 2016 10:01am
It must make it difficult for the authorities to keep any legal records of Muslim families for tax or social benefit claims, most of the males are called Mohamed and if they are allowed to have multiple wives how could you sort it all out? then we have the children of the different wives to consider also, it must be a minefield.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Sharia Law v UK Law--Divorce - 13th Jul 2016 2:49pm
Anyone who thinks islam is a peaceable religion needs to visit saudi
Women who report rape go to prison
The religious police as theyre called stop women buying lipstick or buskers playing music and publicly beat women
Public hanging and be heading are common and filmed
Interviews with women are held behind a screen
The punishment for renouncing islam is death or be heading for affairs
Our sacred cameron pm did 60 billion warfare trade with saudi yet saudi funds ISIS.....you couldnt make it up
Islamafobia is a created uk word cause as i always say islam is a religion NOT a race. Its not racist to disagree with their culture
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Sharia Law v UK Law--Divorce - 13th Jul 2016 2:51pm
Also funny how poligamy is over looked by our useless police yet its the norm within islam
© Wirral-Wikiwirral