Forums
Posted By: Mark Blackburn has said the BBC "hung me out to dry - 25th Feb 2016 7:18pm
Tony Blackburn has said the BBC "hung me out to dry.

Tony Blackburn has said the BBC "hung me out to dry" over the Jimmy Savile inquiry and he will sue the corporation where he worked for nearly 50 years.

source

Director general Tony Hall said the BBC had "parted company" with the Radio 2 DJ after he failed to fully co-operate with Dame Janet Smith's inquiry.
The veteran DJ said the report included an accusation he was among celebrities who "seduced" a 15-year-old girl.
Mr Blackburn, 73, denies the allegation and says he was cleared of wrongdoing.
In his latest statement, he accused the inquiry of being a "whitewash" and said he had been "scapegoated for giving my honest account and best recollections of those events 45 years ago".
Dame Janet's report said it had rejected the evidence given by Mr Blackburn that he had not been questioned at the time about the allegation involving the teenage girl.
In an earlier statement, Mr Blackburn said the allegation made in 1971 was quickly withdrawn. The girl at the centre of the allegation took her own life later that year.
Mr Blackburn said that neither Dame Janet's report into Savile, nor the BBC, made any suggestion he was guilty of misconduct with the girl, nor did a coroner's inquest or a subsequent police inquiry.

Posted By: Gibbo Re: Blackburn has said the BBC "hung me out to dry - 26th Feb 2016 2:33pm
Tricky one this. Like Noel Edmonds, he's always come out as a genuinely nice guy.

Wonder who will present POTP Saturday afternoon?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blackburn has said the BBC "hung me out to dry - 26th Feb 2016 7:34pm
Was wondering that too, I love sat afternoons with the oldies playing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral