Forums
Posted By: granny Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 6:17pm
Tallest tower in the world, close to where fireworks display was due to be, has caught fire. Looks pretty drastic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31563894
Posted By: neddy Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 6:29pm

Attached picture 2FB57C4900000578-3380507-The_Address_Downtown_is_on_fire_with_the_flames_reaching_from_th-m-16_1451585715093.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 6:32pm
Watching. Pretty shocking footage. Hope everyone is O.K
Posted By: Mark Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 6:43pm
The blaze has run up at least 20 storeys of The Address Hotel near the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest skyscraper.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 6:54pm
The BBC posting lists the date as 21-2-15

Wrong article?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 6:55pm
Firework display still on? Doubt it. Also saying the fire is under control? Er, does not look that way, either!!
Posted By: granny Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 7:09pm
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
The BBC posting lists the date as 21-2-15

Wrong article?

Yes, apologies, but that was what BBC were showing initially. Backroom boys got the footage wrong. Anyway, we know now which one it is. Terrible isn't it. As Rude says, can't believe the fireworks are to still happen although the length of coast is massive, so it would be possible.
More worried about any injuries, which apparently there are none . Quite remarkable and very fortunate !

You ok Rhoobarb ?
Posted By: granny Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 7:35pm
It was moi at fault. Sorry.

When doing the news search I clicked on the 'Dubai fire' article below tonight's one.

Pleased there are no casualties.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 31st Dec 2015 7:42pm
14 minor, 1 moderate and one heart attack.

I did the same, clicked on some links and could not work out how it was written as after the fact bur the news was breaking on TV.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 1st Jan 2016 12:04pm
The film "Towering Inferno" springs to mind. So glad no lives were lost.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 2nd Jan 2016 5:41pm
I bet you it doesn't collapse like WTC 1,2 and 7. Why? Because high rise steel framed structures are designed not to collapse due to fires and even planes laden with fuel hitting them. That's also why fireman and rescuers will go into a building. They don't totally collapse without the aid of carefully positioned demolition cutter charges, accompanied by loud explosions, explosives residue, molten steel. Now when was the last time that happened.......and 3 times in one city on the same day.

Does seem a minor miracle no one seriously hurt
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 2nd Jan 2016 7:22pm
New York Fire Marshall says 911 Was an Inside Job

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 2nd Jan 2016 9:59pm
Of course it was!!! Too many discrepancies. (Not watched vid yet Fish).
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 3:06am
Not me fella,conspiracies are for James Bond.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 5:36am
I think most people would admit that governments conspire, the population has no choice but to second guess those conspiracies, or just be mushrooms.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 9:22am
I don't trust Government any more than the next,Conspiracists will have you believe the buildings were brought down with controlled explosives, The way I see it,Planes laden with fuel hits the towers,explodes removing all the fire proof cladding the steel coursing it to heat up and buckle under excessive weight bringing the buildings straight down and pulling the rest with it, since its all tied together its got no were else to go.
Osama bin laden came from a family of builders,and for me top of the suspect list in my view.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 9:32am
Our police and barristers are conspiracy theorists every day when they look at the evidence presented in a crime. Determining credible witnesses, examining forensic evidence.in some cases they get it wrong and fresh evidence comes to light. Same with 9/11. Explosives residue found in dust , bone fragments found on top of buildings indicating explosions, over 200 testimonies of explosions going off,first responder and clear up contractors testimony of molten steel. Physical evidence of molten steel etc etc.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 9:45am
How do you account for the planes hitting the Towers that was also witnessed by thousands .. we all saw the second one hit.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 12:12pm
The plane that everyone saw was the wrong colour and wrong shape.

An avgas fire will not melt steel. Without forced air it won't even weaken it and yet the building would have been choking the fire.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 2:46pm
This is our old unit,fire started on the Mondeo at the front,apart from the car seats there couldn`t of been more than 5 gallons a diesel between all three vehicles a few gallon of fresh oil on the shelves along with some aerosols,the heat inside was so intense it melted the alloys into pools on the floor, the steel "under weight" lost all its rigidity and keeled over,those ramps in the corner can lift 5 tons but under heat and a bit of pressure it gives in.
world trade buildings were brought down by fire am sticking with that wink
[Linked Image]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Dubai Hotel On Fire - 4th Jan 2016 4:01pm
I was thinking of your garage when I wrote that.

Most of the damage you see is caused by expansion twisting the metal and destabilising the rigid structure and also your garage would have much more through-air draft to feed the fire than the central supports of the towers.

If the steel was heated to the point of becoming plastic the vertical pillars would show signs of bulging under the weight, the joists would show signs of ripping etc, everything is just bent, not molten.

Even some of the glass that was exposed to the fire hadn't melted and don't forget that glass is already a liquid at room temperature, it doesn't take much temperature to make it plastic.

I agree with your comments about alloy, I wonder if some of the talk of lumps of molten steel at 9/11 were actually alloys.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral