Forums
Posted By: chriskay Osborne's autumn statement - 25th Nov 2015 6:49pm
Deafening silence from those who were ranting about cuts to pension credits.

All together now. Thank you, Mr. Osborne.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Osborne's autumn statement - 25th Nov 2015 6:57pm
Do you mean cuts to "tax credits", I don't recall any talk of cuts to "pension credit"

I'm still working my way through the statement as both Osbourne's and the government's statements mention the extra expenditure without saying where the money has come from.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Osborne's autumn statement - 26th Nov 2015 12:01am
Yes, DD, tax credits; my error. He claims to have found the money from greater than expected tax revenue, albeit during the lifetime of this parliament. Hope his crystal ball is reliable.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Osborne's autumn statement - 26th Nov 2015 3:16am
Yes, an additional £27bn is a little different from the tax revenue predictions from just two weeks ago - amazing what can happen in a fortnight that changes the whole financial outlook for the next four years.

A few sneaky things he didn't declare in parliament, like cutting money to parliamentary opposition parties. I would have loved to have seen the reaction if he had announced that one in the house.

Government debt is still going up and even his optimistic figures state it will go up for another 4 years.

A lot of money borrowed and a lot of cuts = a lot of money disappearing (in a few pockets).
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Osborne's autumn statement - 28th Nov 2015 4:13pm
Yet another warning of low GDP growth today .... so a warning before the spending review and a warning after, yet the spending review assumed an unexpected growth in tax receipts???

Osbourne's spending did look like a Gordon Brown special.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral