Forums
Posted By: Norton Alf Garnett star Warren Mitchell dies aged 89 - 14th Nov 2015 1:55pm
Not a patch on the deaths in Paris, but you might like to know.
From PA via BT News.

Actor Warren Mitchell, best known for starring as Alf Garnett, has died aged 89.

A statement from the Till Death Us Do Part star’s family said: “Sadly we can confirm Warren Mitchell died in the early hours of Saturday November 14 surrounded by his family.

“He has been in poor health for some time, but was cracking jokes to the last.”

Social media was flooded with tributes following the news of the TV star’s death.
My late dad being a cockney and a Hammers fan would always have TDDUP on especially when we got are first TV around 1966 --one of those comedy programmes like Steptoe and Son that as a young kid you couldn't quite understand. A good actor though. One comment I read sums him up "the nations favourite bigot"
Till Death Us Do Part, a program that probably couldn't be made these days, to me it was an important message of how ridiculous some common viewpoints were and highlighted the bigotry of racism, sexism etc.

Sad loss, RIP
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Alf Garnett star Warren Mitchell dies aged 89 - 17th Nov 2015 11:08pm
He was "old school" just as it should still be now, he'd be turning in his grave knowing a geezer called Alli scored for England tonight!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral