Forums
Posted By: Salmon Speeding motorists - 16th Feb 2015 6:03pm
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4355905.ece
Posted By: granny Re: Speeding motorists - 16th Feb 2015 8:39pm
Good Lord ! One wonders what his excuse was.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Speeding motorists - 16th Feb 2015 11:19pm
...and the total stopping distance at 128mph is............... ??

What a Neanderthal arsehole !!!!!!
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Speeding motorists - 17th Feb 2015 6:44am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Depends how solid the wall is that you hit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Speeding motorists - 17th Feb 2015 8:42am
Originally Posted by Near_Oval
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Depends how solid the wall is that you hit.

A good point! Hopefully, VERY !
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Speeding motorists - 17th Feb 2015 1:26pm
Very nasty comment
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Speeding motorists - 17th Feb 2015 5:05pm
I don't view it as nasty whatsoever ste. I couldn't give a rat's a*se if he wipes himself out hitting said solid wall. Anyone driving at that speed in a 30mph zone is beyond description - in a family show like this!

The problem being of course,(no prizes for seeing this one coming...) is that he/she/it is quite likely to kill and maim innocent folk. Including YOU.

To repeat, NOT a nasty comment imho, just one from the heart. Maybe someone COULD kindly work out the reaction and stopping distance at that speed. It would be interesting to say the least!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Speeding motorists - 17th Feb 2015 5:22pm
The stopping distance is bollox chief as it depends on the vehicle being driven I'm afraid.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Speeding motorists - 17th Feb 2015 5:42pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
The stopping distance is bollox chief as it depends on the vehicle being driven I'm afraid.

The stopping distance does not totally depend on the vehicle.
Road conditions and driver's ability to react are important factors and anybody who is insane enough to drive at that speed in a built up area can have no mental capability at all.
Then again for somebody who lists his interests as 142mph perhaps the comment is not out of character.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Speeding motorists - 18th Feb 2015 5:10am
Originally Posted by Salmon

Road conditions and driver's ability to react are important factors and anybody who is insane enough to drive at that speed in a built up area can have no mental capability at all.
Then again for somebody who lists his interests as 142mph perhaps the comment is not out of character.

Hello salmon hi
My interests aren't 142mph, what you didn't know was this site started off as a car cruise site called cruisewirral, when the site was converted all the profiles were messed up, I've never changed it.

Stopping distances also depend on the car driven.
The weight of the car, the tyres, does it have abs?, does it have discs or drums? Ect.

At that speed trying to do a quick stop would result in the brakes overheating, they overheat they don't work, so yes, it does depend on the car.

Thankyawww.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Speeding motorists - 18th Feb 2015 7:36am
Originally Posted by Salmon

Hello salmon hi
My interests aren't 142mph, what you didn't know was this site started off as a car cruise site called cruisewirral, when the site was converted all the profiles were messed up, I've never changed it.

Stopping distances also depend on the car driven.
The weight of the car, the tyres, does it have abs?, does it have discs or drums? Ect.

At that speed trying to do a quick stop would result in the brakes overheating, they overheat they don't work, so yes, it does depend on the car.

Thankyawww.

Hello _Ste_ Apologies for misunderstanding your profile but as I said the car is only part of the braking distance. The conditions and driver's ability are also vital factors.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Speeding motorists - 24th Feb 2015 12:55pm

Thankyawww.

It certainly does depend on the car. I have an acquaintance who's having problems trying to get his modified brakes hot enough to work well.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Speeding motorists - 24th Feb 2015 4:48pm
There are almost as many ways to equate the overall stopping distances as there are variables which affect them. Using a common method it would be in excess of 1500 feet. This does not allow for extra info such as cadence breaking methods or carbon fibre breaks or the affects of brake fade or introduction of brick walls etc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral