Forums
Posted By: Mark Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 1:52pm
Meet the woman who’s ‘too fat to work’ and refused NHS weight-loss surgery so she can stay on benefits

[Linked Image]

A morbidly obese woman who claimed £75,000 in benefits because she’s too fat to work has refused weight-loss surgery – because she’d rather be on benefits.

Former pub chef Jodie Sinclair, who weighs 28st, lives in a rent-free council home in Peterborough, where she collects a monthly Disability Living Allowance and Income Support.

But Ms Sinclair – who says she’s ‘too fat to work’ – has repeatedly declined to have NHS-funded weight-loss surgery because she’d ‘rather be on benefits than go under the knife’.

‘I’m not going ­under the knife for ­anyone because I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong,’ the 28-year-old said.

[Linked Image]

‘Doctors keep on shouting at me to lose weight but I don’t even eat that much. My cooked breakfasts are my treat. My mum would come over every day and we would have sausage, ­bacon, beans and toast but the dietician had a go at me for that.

‘I wasn’t going to give up my breakfasts.’

Ms Sinclair’s average daily intake is a fry-up or sausage roll for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, crisps as a snack and pasta for diner.

Despite being advised by several doctors to have gastric band fitted, Ms Sinclair, who uses a mobility scooter to get around, insists her size is due to fluid retention – not poor diet or lack of exercise.

She also believes she should be entitled to a free cleaner because she’s ‘too big’ to keep her home hygienic.

Source : Click Me
Posted By: snowhite Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 2:50pm
This is really terrible.
It look like she cant even be bothered to clean the house never mind too fat to work.
Tooo lazy to pull her weight.Cruel world.You got the third world countries starving to death and this one who is too fat to move.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 3:06pm
take em to auswitz, drain on society
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 3:07pm
There's a lot to be said for eugenics.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 3:08pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
withthat
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 3:08pm
"Fluid retention" Fit her with a gastric tap, job sorted
Posted By: snowhite Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 3:13pm
Sew her mouth and strap her to a tread mill.And ban her from all takeaways.I bet they are making there money out of her.
Some even can t afford to buy food and depend on food banks.Am really disgusted at this news article.
She even got a bloody xbox,mobile phone you name it she got it.
Posted By: granny Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 5:59pm
Programmes on this mornings TV . One stated there are 31 takeaways in a one and a half mile stretch of road in Liverpool. I clocked the phone number of one and it was in the poorer areas of the city ! So no poverty there.
Second programme discussed obesity in children and the idea of fizzy drinks being taxed highly etc.
When I was a girl we never had fizzy drinks apart from a small glass of pop as a treat when we went to grandma's house to visit. (Once in blue moon)We drank tap water or milk . We didn't have bought cakes or snacks,only a home made one, maybe once a fortnight and that was limited to a slice each. No convenience foods, meals were all home cooked and we didn't eat between meals. People didn't drink anything like we do now and most walked everywhere. School P.E. lessons of 3 double periods a week.
Times have changed and everyone has been encouraged to eat trash and fillers for most of the day. That has been good for business as it kept the retail food industry at great heights and the supermarkets on a winner. We only have to look at the aisles of crisps and alcohol to see that.
We should have a degree of empathy for the above mentioned, unfortunately she suffers from obstinacy also. She may not wish to give anything up in her life, but it could be on the cards, that life will give up on her.
Can't see that financially the cost will be much difference, i.e. between benefits or surgery and health care. So far as exercise is concerned, well it's a non starter I suppose.
I too am overweight and need more exercise like many, although I hasten to add, not on the same level as above, so for those of us who do not take our own life to task , we should.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:06pm
Didn't stop Cyril Smith from a political career. I refrained from adding an adjective before his name.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:08pm
#Fatbashing- the week before it was #Immigrantbashing before that #Disabledpeoplebashing *sigh* Lets all bash each other- takes our eyes away from the real issues......

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:09pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Didn't stop Cyril Smith from a political career. I refrained from adding an adjective before his name.
yes Puke.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:12pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
Disgusting comment, in my view. Did you watch 'Holocaust:Night Will Fall' last night??
Posted By: snowhite Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:16pm
This woman who claimed £75,000 in benefits because she’s too fat to work has refused weight-loss surgery – because she’d rather be on benefits.
Cyril would rather work.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:19pm
Originally Posted by granny
Programmes on this mornings TV . One stated there are 31 takeaways in a one and a half mile stretch of road in Liverpool. I clocked the phone number of one and it was in the poorer areas of the city ! So no poverty there.

Poverty, yes! Lack of education- also, yes. Seacombe has a lot of chippies/ pizza places in a condensed area. Who uses them? No idea.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:23pm
Originally Posted by snowhite
This woman who claimed £75,000 in benefits because she’s too fat to work has refused weight-loss surgery – because she’d rather be on benefits.
Cyril would rather work.
I hope the Evil barstard is rotting in Hell.
Posted By: granny Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:29pm
Whoever does use the takeaways regularly are probably the first to shout about the failing NHS and blame the pensioners for the rising costs because they're getting too old and taking up resources !
Unfortunately, a lack of education must be part of the equation, but on whose part? She isn't taking the advice she's being given anyway .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:40pm
Bear in mind that the article was printed in a Tabloid. How much of her story has been edited for sensationalism?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:43pm
Whoever does use the takeaways regularly are probably the first to shout about the failing NHS and blame the pensioners for the rising costs because they're getting too old and taking up resources !
Bit of a generalised statement there, Granny. Did you see that goddam awful NHS debate, on TV, the other day?
Posted By: granny Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:45pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Bit of a generalised statement there, Granny. Did you see that goddam awful NHS debate, on TV, the other day?

No, why ?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 7:57pm
Fat people blaming nose - job people and visa-versa for the NHS 'failings'.

The panelists included two ex-big brother contestents, Michelle Heaton from LibertyX and Cheryl Baker from Bucks fizz!!!!

'Nuff said!!!!!
Posted By: granny Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 8:33pm
Two thirds of England population and two thirds of the Welsh population are overweight, so that must ultimately have a huge impact on the NHS.
Nose jobs are surely, in most cases, cosmetic.
France pay for their health treatment which works out about £150 per month for two. If you remember, Tony Blair brought in a policy where we could travel abroad for our operations on the NHS. Maybe it was an attempt to unite Europe in one more way, thus eventually bringing in a backdoor charge for the service. If we watch what Europe does already, we can guarantee we will be following sooner or later.
Here we can have our NHS treatment under the private schemes now. So there is a combined service already.It won't matter which government is elected, their principles are the same on this, even if they each deny it. So personally, I will vote according to other issues.
If I was that young lady, I'd prefer to have the op done here, before she's shipped out.
We are not the only ones struggling. Australia is also and many others. Treatment has become very much more expensive with advancement in so many areas. We will have to pay one way or another eventually.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too fat to work - 25th Jan 2015 11:53pm
I'm too fat to tie my own shoe laces, does anyone give a shit ? NO I just keep tripping over them at work. frown
Posted By: Papa_Juliet Re: Too fat to work - 26th Jan 2015 5:16pm

France pay for their health treatment which works out about £150 per month for two.

Bargain!, According to the breakdown from the HMRC on were my taxes went last year, my personal contribution to the health service was more than twice this amount per month, just for me.
But I don't begrudge it and wouldn't have it any other way, when I do need the services of the NHS I don't want an insurance company to decide if they wil pay for my treatment or not.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 26th Jan 2015 5:30pm
https://www.facebook.com/events/1391330607831855/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Come along to this
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Too fat to work - 27th Jan 2015 10:07pm
oops

Posted By: granny Re: Too fat to work - 27th Jan 2015 10:38pm

You do know who originally initiated this privatisation , do you ?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 28th Jan 2015 12:00am
and? Do not assume that i vote Labour? laugh

Also, I have seen some links suggesting that Burnham/ Labour are not responsible for the first acts of privatisation at all? Will have a look for some 'evidence' tomorrow smile
Posted By: granny Re: Too fat to work - 28th Jan 2015 12:56am
Nobody presumes anything but the flyer says : "We were given to understand by the Government that running Hitchinbrooke would bring us lots of cash "..etc.

That indicates or 'assumes' the present Government were the master planners, which they weren't.

I think it could be classed as falsification, or attempted distortion of the truth.

July 2007 – Department of Health gives the Strategic Health Authority approval to examine different options, including franchises.
July 2009 – Department of Health approves the business case for an open competitive tender for a franchise.
October 2009 – Open competitive tender announced and 11 organisations submit bids, six are selected to move to the next stage. Of those six, only one was NHS-only: Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge. Circle say there was no mention of a preferred provider at any point in the tender.
February 2010 - Addenbrooke’s pull out of the bidding process.
March 2010 – Shortlist for the franchise announced: Serco, Ramsay and Circle. Serco’s bid did include a partnership with Peterborough NHS Trust.(May 2010 – General Election in which Labour leaves office)
August 2010: shortlist narrowed to the final two: Serco and Circle.
November 2010 – Circle announced as preferred bidder.
November 2011 – Contract signed with Circle, which began work in February 2012.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/specta...chingbrooke-hospital-and-does-it-matter/
Posted By: chriskay Re: Too fat to work - 28th Jan 2015 4:54pm
Do not assume that i vote Labour? laugh

I never assumed you would ever vote for such a right-wing party grin
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too fat to work - 28th Jan 2015 6:12pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Do not assume that i vote Labour? laugh

I never assumed you would ever vote for such a right-wing party grin
laffin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral