Forums
Posted By: Mark Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 8th Jan 2015 7:23pm
Tesco in retreat: Supermarket to close 43 stores and close its head office

[Linked Image]

Tesco is shutting its head office as well as 43 unprofitable stores as part of a raft of new measures as new boss Dave Lewis battles to turn around the group’s fortunes.

Britain’s biggest supermarket made the announcement as it revealed like-for-like sales for the 19 weeks to January 3 fell by 2.9%, though they were not as bad over the six-week period, with a fall of 0.3%.

Tesco also said it was to close its final salary pension scheme and shut its main headquarters in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, in 2016, moving to Welwyn Garden City. A restructuring of central overheads is expected to save £250 million a year.

Source : Click Me
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 8th Jan 2015 10:12pm
This comes as no surprize as every Tesco store I've delivered paper&mags too they always leave there returns outside overnight for everybody to help themselves,usually unlabeled which make it difficult for the wholesalers to give them there money back and when I tell them,`nobodys listening,Its not just my round but other driver complain about the same problem with labels and not bothering to leave them out,until they pile up,by then they have already lost there retention fee as its only valid for 48hrs.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 9th Jan 2015 12:53am
vanmanone you work for Menzies right the Tescos stores i do contract work for dont leave the returns outside i am in for twenty past six am so would be aware smile sad news about express stores as i could be out of a job frown
Posted By: HansG Re: Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 9th Jan 2015 6:59am
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
This comes as no surprize as every Tesco store I've delivered paper&mags too they always leave there returns outside overnight for everybody to help themselves,usually unlabeled which make it difficult for the wholesalers to give them there money back and when I tell them,`nobodys listening,Its not just my round but other driver complain about the same problem with labels and not bothering to leave them out,until they pile up,by then they have already lost there retention fee as its only valid for 48hrs.

So they're shutting 43 stores, relocating head office, changing pension scheme etc because of the losses made by not labelling their returns properly and losing a retention fee...

Okaaaaaaay.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 9th Jan 2015 7:27am
With a bit of luck that makes the site in Wallasey Village next to The Farmers Arms safe then.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 9th Jan 2015 9:42am
Haha yeah right ..

Originally Posted by HansG

So they're shutting 43 stores, relocating head office, changing pension scheme etc because of the losses made by not labelling their returns properly and losing a retention fee...

Okaaaaaaay.

I didn`t say they were closing 43 stores because of there losses on returns,thats ridiculous,I said it comes as no surprise to me,not you.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Tesco Supermarket to close 43 stores - 9th Jan 2015 10:07am
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
vanmanone you work for Menzies right the Tescos stores i do contract work for dont leave the returns outside i am in for twenty past six am so would be aware smile sad news about express stores as i could be out of a job frown

Sorry to hear that TC,I didn`t mean any prejudice by my post BTW it was rather flippant than anything else,Posted without thinking sorry mate frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral