Forums
Posted By: casper Rolf Harris found guilty - 30th Jun 2014 6:14pm
Just read some of the comments made by his show biz friends, Ronnie Corbett was quoted as saying it was "very upsetting" but doesn't say who for, and Cilla Black is quoted as saying he is a "lovely man" and that she is "really disappointed" again the sympathy seems to be with the offender. boohoo
Posted By: bobypam Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 30th Jun 2014 8:04pm
I don't agree at all with their comments. What if it had been their own daughters?
Posted By: Uffda Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 7:56am
He should be stripped of his CBE, OBE and MBE asap.
Posted By: rocks Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 10:59am
withthat
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 12:43pm
My sympathies go to his victims and also his wife and daughter. They too are his victims.

Posted By: sunnyside Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 2:40pm
How many more of these vile men are there ? he should be stripped of his assets and the proceeds should be dished out to his victims.
You can never tell a paedo by appearances, i hope his family desert him.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 2:46pm
I was thinking the exact same thing sunnyside, makes you wonder. The people next door?, the guy across the street?
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 2:55pm
Yes snowshoes we are starting to be wary of everyone around us, this is sad as people are frightened to be neighbourly and friendly incase they are accused, i did always think from the start he was guilty.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 1st Jul 2014 3:59pm
He was photographed with Savile at a hospital charity event, coincidence? I remember reading an article years ago, cant even remember the paper, that said there had been investigations into child abuse and that many big names including MPs and Judges were involved, then nothing, makes one wonder, cover up? did the authorities know of all this, after all Mi6 has been involved in covert actions (for the good of the country)allegedly.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:33am
Just read in the daily Mirror today, that the report I mentioned in the previous post yesterday that was to name the top people involved, was handed to Tory Leon Brittian in the 80's and to all intents and purposes it has "disappeared" now there's a surprise.
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:36am
Wasn't it something to do with Cyril Smith trying to keep investigations under wraps?
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:52am
http://sindonax.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/paedophile-cover-ups-the-hows-and-whys/
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 12:06pm
No it was earlier than that granny about 1985, it was about a peodo ring involving highly placed people, according to the article at the time action was going to take place, then nothing.
Posted By: Helles Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 12:30pm
Nothing new under the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Street_scandal
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 1:27pm
well another one who had us all kidded.

watching the little tv coverage that eire does of u.k tele, all I could see was how well supported he was by his family.

but of course, like so many who's gone down this road before, the family didn't have a clue......funny old thing eh??

lets watch this space unfortunately, for the next..........
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 2:24pm
Rotten to the core, still applies today if you have money you can "buy justice" reminds me of the Nazi war criminals that have escaped justice that are just being routed out, alas too late for any true justice, the same as the ... that have preyed on kids all those years ago, the lawyers and do gooders pleading they are old and have this that and the other wrong with them, Stuart Hall and Harris will be given light sentences, not because they are old but because of who they are and who they know.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 2:25pm
I read a link before suggesting that Jill Dando was murdered to stop her revealing the names of high end paedos.

Will post link when Im home.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 5:37pm
Just heard the news, Leon Brittain says the list was handed to the police who decided no further action, and wallah the list has disappeared nobody knows nuffin gov, the stench of cover up is beginning to pervade the honourable house( ha ha), no doubt this news will be hidden over the next few days and the guilty will breath a sigh of relief, someone must know who they are, more worrying is that alleged decent people are prepared to say nothing.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 7:33pm
Originally Posted by casper
Just heard the news, Leon Brittain says the list was handed to the police who decided no further action, and wallah the list has disappeared nobody knows nuffin gov, the stench of cover up is beginning to pervade the honourable house( ha ha), no doubt this news will be hidden over the next few days and the guilty will breath a sigh of relief, someone must know who they are, more worrying is that alleged decent people are prepared to say nothing.
Time will tell Casper the guilty will sigh relief but am sure not for long.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 7:36pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I read a link before suggesting that Jill Dando was murdered to stop her revealing the names of high end paedos.

Will post link when Im home.

just stick dando and paedophile in to google, brings loads up about it.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 8:05pm
Nobody has mentioned at all how shocked they are that rolf harris is what he is. I know I am, ive always liked rolf harris as I grew up with him on tv . My own kids have grown up with him as we always watched animal hospital. I for one am shocked and saddened by it all, and so want to dis believe it.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 8:32pm
After so many people taken in for questioning, nothing surprises me

We all grew up with him on programmes, do we judge the celeb instead of a vile paedophile?

He has led a privileged good life, he has done the crimes now he needs to do the time.

Are a lot of family and friends aware there is problems but ignore it? money silences a lot of people.

They should be remanded in custody whilst awaiting sentence, as letting them out on bail means they could take the easy way out.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 10:55pm
this was a bit ironic

[youtube]I0qejLm1CRQ[/youtube]
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:01pm
and not to mention this

[youtube]Z0rlYSJQkyw[/youtube]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:05pm
http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/...-censored-after-cease-and-desist-notice/

Not satire.

Read some sickening stuff today. 'Childline' set up to identify kids exposing V.I.P paedos etc. WTF??

http://google-law.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/jill-dando-murdered-by-state-to-keep.html
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:13pm
@mrhanky sooooooooo sickening how these evil twunts infiltrate the public and their stupid naivety.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 2nd Jul 2014 11:25pm
look at it logically though, if you want to abuse kids you're going to try and become 'a nice trustworthy pillar of society'

would be interesting to see convicted offenders employment history etc would imagine the majority are in positions of trust, teachers, police, social workers etc...

makes a bit of a mockery of the whole stranger danger thing really.

(talking of teachers and police been hearing a lot about the wallasey school lately, shall we say safeguarding issues)
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 4:28pm
I don't think we can point fingers at teachers, police, social workers etc. as a general rule. There are the odd ones, but at the same time there are also guilty butchers, bakers and candle stick makers.

Having said that, the entertainment business I believe is different. Those who are in the public eye like entertainers , take on a role of a fictitious character and their whole life becomes a charade, which is probably the reason many are in that profession. There are many gay people in theatre and film as they can pretend to be someone they would like to be, rather than who they are. Those in the media hide behind their public persona and it is made easy for them with the flamboyant lifestyle. Their friends are in the same profession acting it out in the same manner and maybe that's why none of these criminals are ever suspected. They all constantly act, wherever. Being devious, would no doubt have to be part of the skills of the job and therefore some of these b.....ds would or could slot in nicely.
The same with people in the clergy or convents. Hiding behind the cloth. Even boy scout leaders for e.g., could take a job on to change who they really are. They conjure up favouritism, THAT IS THEIR CRAFT.
How often do we hear that a certain person is completely different in their own home to what they are on screen.
Rolf Harris being one of them, and I never did like the man, he always came across as creepy to me and my children never liked him either.
My thoughts still believe there are many more hiding in the wings, plus many more who could very easily be down your street, and it's a hateful crime.
If keeping our eyes and ears open helps one child, it has to be worth being vigilant.

Sorry, Granny's gone off on one again.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 5:02pm
No Gran, think you hit the nail right on the head there. Well said.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 5:16pm
Originally Posted by granny
I don't think we can point fingers at teachers, police, social workers etc. as a general rule.

might not of made it clear sorry, not saying that the majority of them are kiddy fiddlers but a lot of kiddy fiddlers will go into the line of work that regularly brings them into contact with children of where they are in a position of trust.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 5:22pm
Not at all granny, I feel so frustrated that these high ranking abusers will probably get away with their dirty filthy abuse of innocent children, how they can look at their own children or wives in the face is beyond me, but might I add those that do or have protected them are as guilty and are below the contempt of any decent human being and deserve the same punishment as the abusers.
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 5:36pm
Originally Posted by casper
but might I add those that do or have protected them are as guilty and are below the contempt of any decent human being and deserve the same punishment as the abusers.

Indeed. What springs to mind is Janet Street Porter, who after the Savile case had come to light, she sat on the panel of Question Time and admitted that she and others had heard whispers for long enough. When attacked by a audience member as to why she didn't do anything, basically her response was, that if she had caused rumbles, it could have jeopardised her job. Didn't want to make a fuss.
So turn a blind eye and hope it goes away is the motto of far too many . Just as guilty in my opinion !

Posted By: sunnyside Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 6:47pm
I totally agree granny ..someone on here said google dando and saville, very interesting reading, i did not know there was rumors regarding C Richard among many.

I think there are more names to come out.
Family and friends always know or suspect something in my opinion.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 9:23pm
i think it's important to keep in mind that 99.9 per cent of any country's population is decent and abours this kind of crap. Again the media makes us feel this is happening all around us.
These people have some kind of deviation which the vast majority of us does not understand and cannot tolerate.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 3rd Jul 2014 10:17pm
they should all fry, including the ones who kept their traps shut.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 6:35am
I think the biggest scandal is that some of it was organised by people in authority people at the very heart of society that hold massive influence and have and are being protected by the establishment, what's Nick Clegg afraid of ? denying an enquiry more revelations about an already discredited government,lets not forget the Labour peado's that are under suspicion either.is their no one with a conscience that will stand up and name names?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 9:14am
Prosecution say it's "no longer in the public interest" to continue with 4 charges of indecent images found on computer of RolfHarris
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 9:31am
laugh

Attached picture BrY6aYcIQAAI1Sk.jpg
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 9:38am
Rolfs defence: crimes were opportunistic, not predatory
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 9:43am
Originally Posted by Willo_
Rolfs defence: crimes were opportunistic, not predatory

They can't prove the images were of under 18 yr olds
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 9:55am
Mr Justice Sweeney says he will pass sentence "as soon after noon as I am ready"
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 11:43am
Rolf Harris enters the dock. Sentencing very close now. Harris is flanked by two guards, his suitcase behind him.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 4th Jul 2014 11:49am
Coulson got 18 months, maximum was 2 years, serve 9 probably open walk into a good job provided by his "friends" on completion, don't think Harris will get much if any, probably mitigating circumstances, age ill health the usual guff, plus he's got plenty to spend on minders if does go down, but hey justice will "seen" to be done.
Posted By: Willo_ Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 12:23pm
Count 1: Nine months in jail.
Count 2: Six months in prison consec.
Count 3: 15 months consec
Count 4: 15 months concurrent
Count 6: 12 months concurrent
Count 7: 15 months consec
Count 9: 12 months consec
Count 10: 9 months concur
Count 11: 9 months concur
Five years and 9 months prison in total

Take him down" - Harris leaves the dock with his suitcase
You will serve half that sentence when you will be released on licence for remainder
Posted By: Dilly Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 12:33pm
Harris left the dock with his suitcase ! Does the poor deluded man think he is off on holiday ? .
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 12:40pm
3years is not long enough, he should do the full 5yrs 9mths, in closed prison,no remorse, he deserves to rot inside.
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 12:45pm
Wansdworth prison for starters.(they think)

He'll probably end up in hospital.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 12:49pm
bets on him topping himself.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 1:58pm
privileged he may be, but three yrs Jail is a hell of a long time for a old man like him,It may finish him off ..
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 3:02pm
No Ste his kind think too much of themselves probably thinks he's done no wrong, and as granny said it wont be long before he's in hospital and the boohoo are out early release because of ill health, remember the guiness trial one of them was released because he allegedly was diagnosed with altzhiemers and wallah 9 months later he was cured. mad
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 3:50pm
His sentence has been refered to attorney general as unduely lenient
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 4:20pm
thumbsup
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 5:23pm
Good stuff. Wonder whether the Judge is 'like- minded' wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 4th Jul 2014 5:54pm
Rolf artwork removed.
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...dium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris Five years and 9 months - 5th Jul 2014 8:05am
Looks like we are going to be denied a full official enquiry, again, there has got to be a modicum of truth in the conspiracy theories, perhaps they will use RH with his big paintbrush to delete the parts they don't want us to see, chocoholics in charge of the sweetshop, again justice for those able to pay for it, "print that and I will sue" seems to do the trick, are politicians that sure of themselves to believe this wont be seen as another cover up or just afraid of the outcome in an election year?
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 5th Jul 2014 11:01am
Aged prisoners video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28173231

Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 6th Jul 2014 8:25am
The plot thickens, one of those named in the conspiracy theory has been arrested recently on an unrelated charge dating back some years, an attempt to confuse ? explain police investigations associated with his name around that time? alibi, lets have a public enquiry allow the victims to sit and give evidence and name names.
Posted By: granny Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 16th Jul 2014 9:26am
This should really be a new topic, but little point as it all covers the same... . and lists the professionals mentioned earlier in these posts !

600 Arrested in paedophile enquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28326128
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 16th Jul 2014 11:24am
granny, youtube bill maloney
watch some of his videos . chris fay names names, you will be suprised !
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 21st Jul 2014 9:29pm
Ten BBC Staff Quizzed Over Reggie Perrin Star Rossiter Sex Assault Claims

Ten BBC workers will soon be quizzed and possibly arrested over sexual assault claims involving UK comedy legend Leonard Rossiter.

Reggin Perrin star Rossiter, who died in 1984, allegedly performed a sex act while three BBC employees tried to rape a male TV extra during the filming of controversial TV play The Year of the Sex Olympics in 1968.

The lurid allegations first came to light in 2012. Now a second TV extra has come forward claiming she was also assaulted by Rossiter and other men on the set before she fled.

The actress was found in a distressed state by the first accuser, who himself was attacked only days before. She told him: "It's like a f****** orgy in there – I didn't come here to get f*****."

Ten people who were at the west London studios when the two actors filmed alongside Rossiter will now be questioned and arrests are being considered.

The alleged female victim was traced by police after her fellow cast member came forward and made a statement in 2012 as part of Operation Yewtree, which began in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.

The 66-year-old male accuser then told cops Rossiter had watched "with glee" as three BBC men tried to rape him during the second of two attacks on the set - he described as a "cesspit of depravity".

"In the rehearsal room, one BBC man tightly held my wrists while two others were behind me trying to rape me," he said.

"I was the victim of two assaults. The second time they obviously tipped off Leonard Rossiter because while I was struggling and shouting for help he was in the room.

"He obviously found it all a big turn-on. He was watching with glee. The staff who attacked me were animals and thought they could get away with anything."

Of the actress, he said: "She was even more distressed than I was and we went to see someone senior at the Beeb to tell him what had happened.

"I remember them saying, 'If you pursue this you will never work for the BBC again'.

"It was disgusting but we were both young and feared for our careers."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ten-bbc-st...star-rossiter-sex-assault-claims-1453702

ffs at this rate we'll never see anything from the 70s on tv again
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 21st Jul 2014 9:40pm
Guess I know who is next...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 22nd Jul 2014 6:04am
Rolf Harris fast-tracked to cushy prison unit and dodges tough Wandsworth jail

Paedophile Rolf Harris went straight to a cushy prison, despite reports he was going to do hard time at a tough jail, reports the Sunday People.

Staff at Wandsworth expected to see the pervert, who indecently assaulted a girl as young as seven, but he never showed up.

Instead he was taken to Bullingdon prison in leafy Oxfordshire to serve his five years and nine months.

Some saw the sentence as too lenient and it is being considered by the Attorney General.

The “soft” jail move adds to beliefs the disgraced veteran entertainer has had special treatment.

Harris, 84, convicted of 12 indecent assaults, was jailed at Southwark Crown Court earlier this month but did not spend a night in Wandsworth.

A source said: “The way Harris has been treated is highly unusual.

"If you’re convicted of a serious crime at Southwark Crown Court, you’d always get sent to Wandsworth, no questions asked.

“There should be no special treatment on grounds of age and there is a hospital at Wandsworth so even prisoners in poor health can be treated there.

“Normally lags in Wandsworth look forward to getting shipped out to Bullingdon.

"If you’re doing a lengthy stretch and you behave yourself in the first few years, you might get moved there as a reward for making good progress.”

Bullingdon, near Bicester, is recognised for its work with older inmates and offers just over 1,000 category B and C prisoners a range of work, training and education.

Victorian Wandsworth can hold nearly 2,000 lags, including category A and B prisoners.

The source believes it was always planned to send Harris to Bullingdon “for convenience”.

He said: “Bullingdon has a smaller population and Harris will have to be watched.

"Whether other inmates try to get at him, or they just want to taunt him, he will always attract attention.”

Since Harris was convicted of indecently assaulting four girls in the 60s, 70s and 80s at least a dozen women have come forward in his native Australia and New Zealand to claim he molested them.

Harris has also been accused of groping singer Linda Nolan, 55, and TV host Vanessa Feltz , 52, who said he put his hand inside her knickers on live TV as she as interviewed him on The Big Breakfast.

An NSPCC spokesman said any suggestion Harris was receiving favourable treatment sent out the wrong message.

The Ministry of Justice declined to comment on the pervert.

Description: Soft: Bullingdon Prison
Attached picture Bullingdon-Prison.png
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 22nd Jul 2014 9:30am
One wonders how his victims feel about THAT ???
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 22nd Jul 2014 11:10am
Its no surprise, they look after their own, cover ups, injustice to the victims it really is sickening.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 26th Jul 2014 5:42am
I can't remember what i did yesterday never mind 20 -30 years ago, maybe better to lock up men up and the world will be safe!
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris found guilty - 26th Jul 2014 2:59pm
Are you disputing Rolf Harris is Guilty?he has had a fair trial and was represented by the best money can buy, he could certainly remember the words to Jake the Peg when he sought to influence the jury. yes
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Rolf Harris Now lodges appeal - 1st Aug 2014 11:28pm
One of Rolf Harris' victims has told Sky News his request to appeal his conviction is "an insult".

Lawyers for the disgraced entertainer lodged papers at the Court of Appeal this week, the Judicial Office has revealed.

One of the women who gave evidence against him during the trial told Sky News: "I perhaps should have expected it but it is still a shock."

The victim who cannot be named added: "It feels like such an insult and just beyond belief for him to do that."

The artist and musician was convicted at London's Southwark Crown Court on June 30 of 12 indecent assaults and sentenced to five years and nine months in jail.

The appeal papers will go before a single judge who will decide initially whether or not Harris has grounds for appeal.

The Judicial Office confirmed to Sky News that no timescale had yet been set for the process.

If permission to appeal is granted then a full hearing at the Court of Appeal would fully assess Harris’ case.

If, however, he is denied permission to appeal then he would be able to reapply.

One of the assaults was on an eight-year-old autograph hunter, two on girls in their early teens and another on a close friend of his daughter.

Earlier this week, Attorney General Jeremy Wright confirmed Harris' sentence would not be referred to the Court of Appeal on the grounds that it was too lenient, despite 150 complaints that the jail term was not tough enough.

The artist and TV presenter's offences took place between 1968 and 1986 against girls aged between seven or eight and 18.

He was prosecuted in line with the laws in place at the time of his crimes - when the maximum jail term for indecent assault was two years, or five years if the victim was under 13.
Posted By: casper Re: Rolf Harris Now lodges appeal - 2nd Aug 2014 6:37am
He's still in denial, like all of the so called celebrities he can't believe he's been caught, so lets see if I can buy my way out with the best council, the sad part is it actually shows what contempt he has for his victims, should his attempt fail his sentence should be extended because he shows no remorse.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral