Forums
Posted By: granny "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 21st Jun 2014 10:27am

Good.

There should therefore be a fair number more traffic wardens jobs coming up.
A ridiculous waste of money in my opinion, which kept baliffs reaping most of the rewards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27952341
Posted By: mrhanky Re: "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 21st Jun 2014 5:20pm
if you park where you shouldn't then i don't see why it makes a difference if you get done by a human sticking a ticket on the car or camera and get something in the post??

i notice they aren't saying the same about speed cameras though
Posted By: Helles Re: "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 21st Jun 2014 9:29pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
if you park where you shouldn't then i don't see why it makes a difference if you get done by a human sticking a ticket on the car or camera and get something in the post??

i notice they aren't saying the same about speed cameras though

I've been driving for 47 years and never had a parking ticket. Actually I tell a lie, I got one for dropping off a disabled special needs child in a marked minibus on a Council contract by a Council spy car. These things don't discriminate. At least a traffic official on foot would hopefully use a bit of common sense in a case like that but these cowards who hide in little cars (notice they never look anyone in the eye) don't give the proverbial! It is a cash cow and anyone who says differently is a Council executive or naïve.
Posted By: granny Re: "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 21st Jun 2014 10:02pm
This link seems to expose more of what really happens.

http://wirralinittogether.wordpress...sued-how-much-cash-collected-by-spy-car/

They pick prime locations, set the vehicle up and then leave it operating unmanned.
Hence, they are not covering other areas beside the ones that bring in the most revenue. As you say Helles, nothing other than a 'cash cow'.

That's how I understand it anyway.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 23rd Jun 2014 10:35am
The problem is that people are lazy and feel they have a right to be able to park right outside a shop.

What makes them think that if the spaces are all full, they have any right to park in a bus stop?

What happens when a bus comes and the stop is blocked with a car - they have to stay in the road, and force cars to wait behind, or increase the risk of trying to go around the bus.

There are plenty of signs around indicating parking times and restrictions, and a bit of knowledge of the highway code should be more than enough to see you don't get a ticket.
Posted By: raymondo Re: "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 23rd Jun 2014 8:52pm
should ban pay and display on the roads.......im already paying to park with my rd tax!!!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: "Spy Cars" use to be banned - 24th Jun 2014 10:21am
Originally Posted by raymondo
should ban pay and display on the roads.......im already paying to park with my rd tax!!!

No, you're not - http://ipayroadtax.com/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral