Forums
Posted By: venice sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 21st Feb 2014 10:42pm
Woman with spinabifida needs a special bed. Her husband requires an ordinary bed . One bedroom wont fit both. Judge rules against their appeal not to be financially penalized for the second bedroom. Unbelievable!!
Posted By: raymondo Re: sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 21st Feb 2014 11:17pm
w~nkers the lot of em.....and the government shits that thought it up
Posted By: granny Re: sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 21st Feb 2014 11:19pm
No, it can't be right. These rather 'stuffed shirts' who sit on their thrones have, in my opinion, completely lost the plot. They seem to have no concept of how others manage and problems that the ordinary man has to deal with.
What life has that poor woman ever had ? Very traumatic result for them.
Posted By: stanb Re: sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 22nd Feb 2014 12:34pm
I will bet that most MPs have at least two or more spare rooms.
One rule for them another for the rest.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 22nd Feb 2014 1:40pm
Probably true. I also have spare rooms - BUT I, like I suspect most MPs, have paid for the property and are not getting them on Housing Benefit. I and they will also be paying for those rooms via Rateable Value on the property. The rates bill will be due soon and when I get mine I feel I am paying off the National Debt. Already had the Water Bill - just short of £1000

Having said that - the judge concerned deserves to be be taken up an alley and be kicked!!! Stupid decision. Often I shake my head is despair at some of the judgements handed out by these people who are SUPPOSED to be intelligent

Snod
Posted By: Moonstar Re: sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 22nd Feb 2014 2:02pm
Strikes me they have missed another very important point.

It would cost a whole lot more if the State had to take over the lady's care.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: sHow can this be right in ANYONE'S book! - 23rd Feb 2014 5:31pm
There is a total lack of common sense and compassion in this decision.
Originally Posted by Snodvan
Probably true. I also have spare rooms - BUT I, like I suspect most MPs, have paid for the property and are not getting them on Housing Benefit. I and they will also be paying for those rooms via Rateable Value on the property. The rates bill will be due soon and when I get mine I feel I am paying off the National Debt. Already had the Water Bill - just short of £1000

Having said that - the judge concerned deserves to be be taken up an alley and be kicked!!! Stupid decision. Often I shake my head is despair at some of the judgements handed out by these people who are SUPPOSED to be intelligent

Snod

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral