Forums
Posted By: jabber_Ish Perseid Meteor shower - 11th Aug 2013 12:16pm
For those with an interest in the stars the perseid meteor shower is visible to us from tonight onward for approx a week...keep your eyes peeled as this is one of the best night sky shows we get
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 11th Aug 2013 1:11pm
Can I see it from here?
Posted By: Angharad111 Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 11th Aug 2013 7:12pm
Thank you for the info will look out for it
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 11th Aug 2013 11:04pm
info here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...-shower-to-peak-in-the-UK-this-week.html

Nasa broadcast live here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc from 2am
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 11th Aug 2013 11:57pm
Saw this with a mate i will get her to put the pics up tomorrow night after she finnish from work.Thanks for bringing this post up mate.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 12th Aug 2013 12:00am
Originally Posted by guitarlad
Saw this with a mate i will get her to put the pics up tomorrow night after she finnish from work.Thanks for bringing this post up mate.
only 1 n in finish wink no probs about the post here to serve smile look forward to you pics any pics will do wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 12th Aug 2013 12:04am
raftl
Posted By: scary Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 12th Aug 2013 5:53pm
will we see anything here or am i just going to get a kink in my neck looking up at the sky where is the best place in the wirral to see this if we can see it
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 12th Aug 2013 8:45pm
look to the north east preferably in a dark area, sadly for us liverpools light pollution doesnt help us on the wirral
Posted By: Madge Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 12th Aug 2013 10:48pm
just been out watching it, look for the `plough` and its in that area, seen loads
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 13th Aug 2013 1:51am
Just slurping a hot drink after spending 20mins outside. A brilliant display! Saw 6 or 7 in that time. A couple directly overhead, but most to N and N.E. Fortunate to have only about 2 octas of cloud cover here and having no light pollution helps. BLACK sky and a shed load of stars out!

I'd forgotten about the event, but I had the BBC World Service on and there was a mention of it, so sweater on over PJ's and into garden. Total peace & quiet too - apart from a pair of Tawny Owls in the adjacent plantation having a chat. Maybe they were impressed as well. Back to the pit.

Thanks for the heads up jabber. happy
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 13th Aug 2013 11:19am
Originally Posted by jabber_Ish
look to the north east preferably in a dark area, sadly for us liverpools light pollution doesnt help us on the wirral
It was very cloudy on the Wirral last night.I did keep watch but the sky wasnt all that clear.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 13th Aug 2013 11:39am
iknow frown ive not seen one as yet...
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 13th Aug 2013 8:50pm
perfect for this tonight, off out now to have a look
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 13th Aug 2013 9:17pm
Lovely pink clouds but no meteorites- will try again later.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Perseid Meteor shower - 13th Aug 2013 9:27pm
Had a look outside myself to try and see the ISS at 10.05 and hoping to see meteors as well - no luck
Lots of cloud, big orange streetlight and next door's flashing garden lights didn't help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral