Forums
Posted By: lord_thomas nspcc advert - 2nd Aug 2013 1:25pm
I feel very annoyed; the NSPCC is currently running the advert, of a boy locked in a room
To raise funds, on the back of the 4 year old boy who died. SHAME ON YOU.
You would be better spending your advertising budget telling the public how to report the signs of child abuse
Posted By: Anonymous Re: nspcc advert - 4th Aug 2013 8:20pm
iam sure this advert was put together months ago, but yes I know what you mean. its so not right what goes on out there, let them all rot in hell who abuse.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: nspcc advert - 4th Aug 2013 8:23pm
So does that mean they can run adverts but not ones that show things that might actually happen in the real world? Not sure what you've got against the advert??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: nspcc advert - 5th Aug 2013 8:58am
think its just recent events mr hanky or could be personnel.
Posted By: venice Re: nspcc advert - 5th Aug 2013 1:18pm
If the advert is the one I think you mean, then it was made ages ago and is run at intervals, and was not directly put on in response to what has just happened.
Personally though , thinking about it , big businesses target their advertising to events,because its cost effective. It works. If we want our charities to use donations most effectively, isnt it good that they also use their advertising budget to proven best effect?
All that matters is that it gets to the right people who WILL benefit from seeing it .If its uncomfortable for anyone else who sees it, so flipping what? The only danger is if those people react to the discomfort of seeing it by using it as an excuse not to give their money. That would be perverse though--- but could be why the NSPCC DIDNT target this ad to the event in question.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral