Forums
Posted By: Mark Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 2:55pm
More than 12,000 people have moved into work after being told about the benefits cap, the government says.

The cap, on the total amount of benefits that non-working people aged 16 to 64 can receive, has begun rolling out across England, Scotland and Wales.

Couples and lone parents will now not receive more than £500 a week, while a £350 limit applies to single people.

Source Click Me
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 3:43pm
£500 A fooking WEEK? FOR DOING fook ALL?!?!!?!

Boo fooking hoo.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 4:59pm
£500 a week for doing nothing, er does that also include rent so if you're a top scrounging couple you'll get rent paid and £500 a week?

Posted By: granny Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 5:24pm
All of this is a complete mystery to me.

How does a single person get £350 per week???? Nobody ever divulges how that figure is arrived at, particularly the BBC. Does it mean 'total' benefits that include, council tax, N I stamp etc., or is that cash in the bank. I understood a single peron gets £71 per week, plus housing benefit, that in my eyes couldn't possibly total to £279 per week ( £350 minus £71).
If so, then everyone unemployed should be in for a rise.
My backside!
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 5:30pm
shocking!!!!!!. not many jobs out there were you can earn £500 per week gross and certainly not net pay for the majority of us..no incentive to work...on minimum wage with travel you would be out of pocket..you may feel better ....but you still have bills etc to meet self-esteem or putting food on the table..anyone know where the jobs are paying that kind of wage. no wonder the romainians are queing to come here early next year..can you blame them.

Posted By: raymondo Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 5:43pm
the majority havnt moved into full time work they have prob been suspended for not proving they have been doing enough to find work but it looks good because they are then not on unemployment so it then looks like the unemployment rates are coming down
Posted By: rocks Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 5:46pm
Originally Posted by granny
All of this is a complete mystery to me.

How does a single person get £350 per week???? Nobody ever divulges how that figure is arrived at, particularly the BBC. Does it mean 'total' benefits that include, council tax, N I stamp etc., or is that cash in the bank. I understood a single peron gets £71 per week, plus housing benefit, that in my eyes couldn't possibly total to £279 per week ( £350 minus £71).
If so, then everyone unemployed should be in for a rise.
My backside!

i agree granny re "how that figure is arrived at" like you i understand its £71 plus HB, maybe its for peeps in london living in the top places/mansions that we hear about.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:20pm
the £350 is for people on Employment and Support Allowance ( ESA )or Personal Independence Payment ( PIP ) Which helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you're aged 16 to 64

and don't forget MP's get this a day if not more think
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:34pm
http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...h-doesnt-want-you-know-about-benefit-cap

Light bed time reading. smile
Posted By: granny Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:34pm
Does that mean the figure of £350 is for a single person with long term ill health or disabilities? I ask, because the BBC stated that those on disability payments would not be affected. Therefore, if that is so, then yet again twisted information is being given to sway opinion.

What MP's get is not of concern to me. We could go through the whole of the workforce complaining about who gets what. I just don't like the media contributing to bad feedback when it's twisted truth. So is my above understanding correct?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:37pm
http://speye.wordpress.com/2013/07/...rnicious-social-policy-in-living-memory/
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:40pm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jul/15/iain-duncan-smith-statistics-benefits-cap
Posted By: granny Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:42pm
Rude, I know you and I don't come from the same closet, but can you answer my question above please? i.e. if you know what I'm talking about.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:51pm
changes-to-benefits-your-questions-answered
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 10:53pm
Originally Posted by granny
Does that mean the figure of £350 is for a single person with long term ill health or disabilities? I ask, because the BBC stated that those on disability payments would not be affected. Therefore, if that is so, then yet again twisted information is being given to sway opinion.

What MP's get is not of concern to me. We could go through the whole of the workforce complaining about who gets what. I just don't like the media contributing to bad feedback when it's twisted truth. So is my above understanding correct?
People with disabilities (recieve PIP) are un-affected, this new legislation is mainly targetted at those with large families.

The 'thing' is, as evidenced above is that people assume that the unwaged recieve £350/ £500 per week in actual cash.

Alot of this money is actually paid to landlords in 'rent' and the recipient never gets to 'see it'.It is the Housing Benefit that gets reduced as a result of the Cap, so large families need to make up that shortfall out of their weekly allowance.

Joe Halewood expands furthur in the 'SPeye' link that I have posted.
Posted By: granny Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 15th Jul 2013 11:03pm
O.K. Thank you. A bit clearer than mud now!
Posted By: Mark Re: Benefits cap encourages job seekers - 16th Jul 2013 3:34pm
The amount families can claim in benefits could be lowered further if a new £26,000 cap succeeds in cutting the welfare bill, Treasury sources say.

Source click me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral