Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 31st Mar 2013 2:50pm
Clicky

What is this world coming to.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 31st Mar 2013 3:07pm
Couldn't agree more I've just read the same story and thought how absolutely crazy this claim is. frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 31st Mar 2013 3:13pm
Lol
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 31st Mar 2013 6:50pm
This is a joke, just seen it on sky news,
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 31st Mar 2013 7:03pm
withthat
Posted By: markjw Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 31st Mar 2013 8:04pm
Do any of you ever question how the facts are presented to you in the soundbite on Sky news etc?

They are designed to make things sound newsworthy and don't always give all the facts.

I am not saying that the policewoman is right. But have you considered that there may be more to the story than the simple version you have been presented with.

Is that as bad as the woman who sued McDonalds for their coffee being hot?
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 1st Apr 2013 3:42am
Lawsuits piss me off.

There may be a place in this world for genuine wrongs but things are getting out of hand nowadays.

Stop rewarding stupidity with financial gain and the lawsuits will cease.

By the way I'm not sure if the article is genuine, but if it is then the policewoman is in the wrong job
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 1st Apr 2013 7:33am
April fools
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 1st Apr 2013 3:03pm
Why would it not be genuine? If people are thinking its an April fool as the last post says it was posted yesterday. The police woman should be ashamed of herself. She tripped over a pavement, not the garage owners fault!
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 1st Apr 2013 7:15pm
2.41am the first of april 1st

Its an April fool

They got ya
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 1st Apr 2013 7:24pm
It's not.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 1st Apr 2013 10:41pm
Look when this thread was posted . 3.50pm yesterday (31st march) therefore not april fools day!
Posted By: granny Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 9:29am
On BBC 24hr news last night. Crazy. Poor garage owner has been told he should have done a risk assessment beforehand. raftl Poor fellow said, he didn't think after calling the police to a suspected robbery at the garage, that he'd have to do a risk assessment before they arrived!
It was a kerb, she should have lifted her big feet up. Stupid !
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 10:17am
If she lost a bit of weight she'd be able to climb up a six inch kerbstone. She's on the sick for something else at the moment too, sounds like a chancer to me. Her boss isn't too pleased according to press reports.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 10:36am
I hope a court gives her the short shrift she deserves. As you say, Bandy, her boss thinks it's ridiculous.
Posted By: Mark Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 6:10pm
i read in the paper that her dad said she was no longer perusing this case. Apparently her boss was not too pleased of the impression it gave to the public about the police and said most of his staff did not agree with what she was doing.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 6:54pm
She is carrying on with case despite her dad saying she would drop it.What is worse is that the police federation are backing her.The garage owner had not done a risk assessment, so we had all better get busy and carry out risk assessments on every part of our property.Truly this country has gone mad!
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-03-31/police-officer-sues-burglary-victim/
Posted By: TheDr Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 7:04pm
The case seems to be that the garage owner "failed to protect her", so it follows that every person is now responsible for the "protection" of every police officer that they request (or use) the services of.

I'll prepare my invoice tonight shall I.

Posted By: Zubee Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 7:44pm
Not fit to wear the uniform.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Policewoman Sues Man Who Called 999 - 2nd Apr 2013 8:29pm
In one of the articles I just read on that link it says she tripped over a high kerb. In the picture its smaller than the normal ones!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral