Forums
Posted By: granny Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 12:58pm
Pope Benedict has resigned with effet from 28th February.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 1:20pm
what a waste of space he was!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 1:51pm
What a waste of space and money all Popes are.
Posted By: starman Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 2:31pm
this really is a massive decsion. an unbelivble decsion, just to retire from the catholic church is really imenese. i just hope another pope will be appointed very very quickily.as easter is quickly upon us, and for people within the catholic community.a period of prayer is needed!! why were people not told of his intentions, ???
Posted By: delta6 Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 2:32pm
made his money and will now retire to a life of debauchery!!!
Posted By: saltytom Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 2:47pm
delta6 Can you let us know how he made his money.I am not a catholic or practising any religeon but i do understand the starman comment.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 3:13pm
Originally Posted by starman
why were people not told of his intentions, ???

We just were. At last, a Pope who has decided not to go on until he dies; sensible decision. I wish him a happy retirement. Oh, and he hasn't retired from the Catholic Church, just from office.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 3:34pm
Retired to spend time with his family.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 8:04pm
A rather dangerous and unpleasant character. Much like the one who went before him. Might want to stay in the Vatican City if he wants to avoid awkward questions about child abuse and Jimmy Savile etc.
Posted By: rossie Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 8:32pm
Re. Touchstone
And delta I find your remarks very offensive. There is no connection whatsoever with Jimmy Saville and there has never been any sexual rumours about Pope Benedict or "Pope JOhn Paul.You are stirring religious hatred on a public forum.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 8:41pm
Originally Posted by rossie
Re. Touchstone
And delta I find your remarks very offensive. There is no connection whatsoever with Jimmy Saville and there has never been any sexual rumours about Pope Benedict or "Pope JOhn Paul.You are stirring religious hatred on a public forum.

WHAT????? do you know what he did before he was pope??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 8:49pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
Re. Touchstone

He was a shelf stacker at Nettos. So I heard.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 9:24pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by mrhanky
Re. Touchstone

He was a shelf stacker at Nettos. So I heard.
Nein
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 9:25pm
He's not leavin till next week, i believe he's got to work his notice.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 9:28pm
How can this Bloke (friendly ex Nazi SS soldier) speak out about the evils of Harry Potter and try to hide the instances of mass child abuse. The Catholic church is the richest 'business' in the world, there are kids starving in 3rd world countries. The pope has fingers full of gold, sell some of it and some of the land you own.You could wipe out starvation in one go. Noooo, you have other plans for kids! Religion, you can shove it!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 9:32pm
Who?
Pope?
What's all the fuss about? Never heard of the geezer.
:s
Posted By: rocks Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 9:36pm
it does make me wonder if hes stepped down coz more sh.te is about to hit the fan!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 11th Feb 2013 9:42pm
Originally Posted by rocks
it does make me wonder if hes stepped down coz more sh.te is about to hit the fan!

put it this way there were a lot of abuse allegations that the police/cps didn't proceed with as they 'were too old' but the saville investigation has allowed a lot of the old ones to be re opened/investigated properly.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 9:00am
Originally Posted by saltytom
delta6 Can you let us know how he made his money.I am not a catholic or practising any religeon but i do understand the starman comment.

it was a joke hence the !!!.
jeez cant have any fun in this place anymore.
wish i could retire and live a life of debauchery!!!
Posted By: delta6 Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 9:02am
Re. Touchstone

as per my reply in the post above!!!!
(although id like to point out that the jimmy saville comments were not mine - as it looks like they were in your post rossie!)
Posted By: granny Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 9:58am
Leave the poor chap alone. He's 86 yrs of age and a lot of people have seen him as a good man.
If he can't manage to maintain the level required of him any longer, then he's done the right thing.
I am not Roman Catholic but I do wish him well.

Posted By: Dilly Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:05am
Originally Posted by granny
Leave the poor chap alone. He's 86 yrs of age and a lot of people have seen him as a good man.
If he can't manage to maintain the level required of him any longer, then he's done the right thing.
I am not Roman Catholic but I do wish him well.

there is nothing poor about him or the Roman catholic church.
Posted By: granny Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:10am
No, I realise that the Church has loads and he will not starve.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:23am
Some of the comments on this subject are not nice at all. If you cannot comment in a positive manner why comment at all?
I am a Catholic and I happen to follow my faith.Growing up it has instilled within me with a sense of respect and moral understanding, right and wrong and a deep sense of compassion for others. Right now we live in a society where these qualities are sadly lacking and to a degree, society is loosing its way.
Pope Benedict has committed no crime, he is a peaceful old man who has poor health so why condemn him. He has done nothing wrong.
Posted By: catlover Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:28am
yea to that
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:36am
I agree. Leave the man alone. There are some people on here who would look for fault because his poo was not right shade of brown.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:43am
The Pope resigns, and North Korea carries out a Nuclear Test. At least the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse's horses are in the Bolognese.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 10:49am
Originally Posted by NettyMc
Some of the comments on this subject are not nice at all. If you cannot comment in a positive manner why comment at all?
I am a Catholic and I happen to follow my faith.Growing up it has instilled within me with a sense of respect and moral understanding, right and wrong and a deep sense of compassion for others. Right now we live in a society where these qualities are sadly lacking and to a degree, society is loosing its way.
Pope Benedict has committed no crime, he is a peaceful old man who has poor health so why condemn him. He has done nothing wrong.

Hear Hear, how can anybody criticise him for deciding that he is unable to carry out his duties to a satisfactory standard? It matters not what you think of religion or the Catholic Church this is simply a man making a decision about his future and that of the people around him.The debate about religion in general and/or Catholicism in particular are not for this thread.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 11:35am
what is it they say about religion...opium for the masses??

CLICKY CLICK
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 12:12pm
Originally Posted by NettyMc
Because like it or not, not every one has the same views, and this forum has 9293 members and who no doubt all think differently on a whole lot of different issues, and wikiwirral is the place to have debates, and express your views.

Can you imagine what this forum would be like if everyone only posted in a positive manner, I believe Mark could say good bye to reaching his 100,000'th member. Reading everyones different points makes for intresting reading.
That I believe answers your question on why people don't just post positive comments.

If I can be of any further assistance to you please feel free to ask.

I do hope I have answered your question.

Have a good day. bowdown
Posted By: catlover Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 12:53pm
I agreee but surely there is a sensitive and insensitive way of conducting a debate

"Who?
Pope?
What's all the fuss about? Never heard of the geezer."

That comment from Steve was surely inane to say the least
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 1:04pm
Originally Posted by catlover
I agreee but surely there is a sensitive and insensitive way of conducting a debate

"Who?
Pope?
What's all the fuss about? Never heard of the geezer."

That comment from Steve was surely inane to say the least

I beg your pardon?

I have not been offensive, i have never heard of the guy, i was only asking what all the fuss was about.

Religion sucks, it causes wars, you were all brainwashed, i chose not to listen to the lies.

As you were.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 1:27pm
Well said Burger, we all have our opinions .
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 12th Feb 2013 2:14pm
Originally Posted by softshoes
I agree. Leave the man alone. There are some people on here who would look for fault because his poo was not right shade of brown.
Haha well said.as one quoted shit will hit the fan.86 is well past retirement age.the old geezer needs to retire.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 13th Feb 2013 3:40pm
he's give it up...for lent
Posted By: Littlemink Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 13th Feb 2013 6:06pm
Ex 20:3-4 (NIV) "You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
Posted By: rocks Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 13th Feb 2013 6:11pm
Originally Posted by getcarter
he's give it up...for lent

raftl
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 13th Feb 2013 7:05pm
Originally Posted by Littlemink
Ex 20:3-4 (NIV) "You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
Well said xx
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 13th Feb 2013 7:37pm
Any one who worships the Queen of Heaven by using wine and making little cakes (wafer) is doing an evil practice according to God in the Old Testament book of Jeremiah (and this was before the RC Church even existed)
Posted By: Salmon Re: Pope Benedict has resigned - 13th Feb 2013 8:39pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Any one who worships the Queen of Heaven by using wine and making little cakes (wafer) is doing an evil practice according to God in the Old Testament book of Jeremiah (and this was before the RC Church even existed)

What an excellent use of misquoting or using using text out of context to say what the writer wants people to believe!If you read the whole text you will see that quite clearly the "queen of heaven" referred to was the wife of a false god.Roman Catholics do not worship the Queen of Heaven using wine and wafer, they do not worship the Queen of Heaven at all.They worship God and use the Queen of Heaven as an intermediary between humans and God.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral