Forums
Posted By: ludwigvan Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 1:36pm
An Australian/British children's entertainer in his eighties has been questioned by police from Operation Yewtree,his home has also been searched.It couldn't be who I'm thinking could it?Surely not.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 1:59pm
can you tell what it is yet?

the mind boggles
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 3:36pm
were is this information available on??
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 4:58pm
just google him
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 5:41pm
This is all lies
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 6:39pm
didn't mark thomas say it was him late november? think this is old news?
Posted By: Mike_Scott Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 31st Dec 2012 11:41pm
Tie me Kangaroo Down Sport--Tie me Kangaroo down!!
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 1st Jan 2013 2:44am
it should be news headlines when a celebrity isn't involved in some kind of sexual misdemeanour...they're all at it these days
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 1st Jan 2013 12:27pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
it should be news headlines when a celebrity isn't involved in some kind of sexual misdemeanour...they're all at it these days

They were also at it those days as well wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 9:27am
oh no not two little boys...cant believe it...lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 11:35am
It's a load of bs made up by little freaks who have no regard for anyone but their own dirty greedy selves.

All comes down to money.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 7:36pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
It's a load of bs made up by little freaks who have no regard for anyone but their own dirty greedy selves.

All comes down to money.

so would that be your reaction if one of your kids/nephews/nieces etc cam to you and said that they'd been abused?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 8:02pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky

All comes down to money.

so would that be your reaction if one of your kids/nephews/nieces etc cam to you and said that they'd been abused?

We are on about celebrities here not the everyday joe bloggs.

Do you honestly believe this trash?

Yeah saville but not every other celeb who have been pulled in the lime light.

What about Jackson? That fruitcake was the biggest nonce of all time but people won't have a bad word said about him eh?

Like I said, this (or at least most of it) is bs.

Who else believes this crap?

The newspapers must be making a mint outta this.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 8:14pm
Jim Davidson now too oshocked
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 9:08pm
Originally Posted by Headcoat_TheMrs
Jim Davidson now too oshocked

Ffs, see what I mean?

Tell you what, let's drag em all in eh?

What a load of rubbish this all is and a waste of money! smack
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 10:13pm

All comes down to money.

We are on about celebrities here not the everyday joe bloggs.

Do you honestly believe this trash?

Yeah saville but not every other celeb who have been pulled in the lime light.

What about Jackson? That fruitcake was the biggest nonce of all time but people won't have a bad word said about him eh?

Like I said, this (or at least most of it) is bs.

Who else believes this crap?

The newspapers must be making a mint outta this.

why is a celebrity different to joe bloggs? so does that mean that anyone who says they were abused is only to be believed if the person they accuse isn't a celebrity?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 2nd Jan 2013 10:24pm
As I've said on a previous thread about this, NONE of the people, celebrities or otherwise, should be named until they're proven guilty.

Once they've been named it won't matter if they're found to be completely innocent, their lives will be trashed.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 3rd Jan 2013 1:20am

why is a celebrity different to joe bloggs? so does that mean that anyone who says they were abused is only to be believed if the person they accuse isn't a celebrity?

Your missing the point.

It's because they are celebs that they are being accused.
The so called victims are after cash.

Looks like they're already guilty in your eyes?
Quite an unfair approach.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 3rd Jan 2013 6:29pm
I see Jim davidsons life has been disrupted more (not to mention the producers of bb and its viewers) as he was supposed to be in big brother tonight.
Needless to say he is not appearing now due to the mindless slander.

thumbsdown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 3rd Jan 2013 7:24pm
Originally Posted by Zubee
As I've said on a previous thread about this, NONE of the people, celebrities or otherwise, should be named until they're proven guilty.

Once they've been named it won't matter if they're found to be completely innocent, their lives will be trashed.
I agree. Shit sticks....
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 4th Jan 2013 6:33pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by Zubee

I agree. Shit sticks....

Unfortunately the world is full of brainless idiots who make false allegations, I hope Jim is innocent and if he is proved to be then I hope the person making false allegations is brought to justice and named and shamed.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 4th Jan 2013 6:43pm

Your missing the point.

Looks like they're already guilty in your eyes?
Quite an unfair approach.

So called victims? It sounds that you have already judged the whole situation and have quite an unfair approach of your own. I'm not saying that these celebs are guilty or innocent, but it think it's a bit strong to judge everyone without knowing the whole story. It is the gutter press spreading rumours on an investigation which should be allowed to run it's course. I think a bit more compassion on all sides wouldn't go a miss. There is a reason why so many victims of sexual abuse remain silent for so many years, and some of the comments on this thread shows why.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 5th Jan 2013 12:45am

You think so think

Some years ago, the German government abolished payouts for sex abuse cases except where there was corroborated evidence.
The result was a drop of over 80% in the number of complaints from would be ‘victims’.

Now this still means that 20% carried on, but OVER 80% drop in complaints (in an offence with a conviction rate of 95%) means a lot of inoccent people who happened to have money were spared.

Article
Posted By: chriskay Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 5th Jan 2013 7:43am
Originally Posted by TheDr

Some years ago, the German government abolished payouts for sex abuse cases except where there was corroborated evidence.
The result was a drop of over 80% in the number of complaints from would be ‘victims’.

Now this still means that 20% carried on, but OVER 80% drop in complaints (in an offence with a conviction rate of 95%) means a lot of inoccent people who happened to have money were spared.

That certainly reinforces my belief that a lot of the complainants are trying it on.

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 9th Jan 2013 9:31am
Why didnt they come forward 20 years ago? Were they scared Davidson was going to track them down and kill them?
Posted By: casper Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 10th Jan 2013 10:11am
Some of the responses on here are absolutly sickening, how can someone be upset because Jim Davidson wont be appearing on big brother?if you have children or grandchildren you should be applauding the response in dealing with the problem,because your a so called celebrity it does,nt make you above the law, publicity is a double edged sword it can make or break,should those accused be found innocent then the same media will be used to flog the stories about the trials and traumas of the accused.
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 10th Jan 2013 7:32pm
Originally Posted by casper
Some of the responses on here are absolutly sickening, how can someone be upset because Jim Davidson wont be appearing on big brother?if you have children or grandchildren you should be applauding the response in dealing with the problem,because your a so called celebrity it does,nt make you above the law, publicity is a double edged sword it can make or break,should those accused be found innocent then the same media will be used to flog the stories about the trials and traumas of the accused.

withthat
It's about time people stopped defending or accusing people until proven guilty or innocent. I really hope there is no truth in the Jim Davidson case but I think we should let the law run its course and then talk about the outcome, innocent until proven guilty.
All peado's should have their balls cut off and be publicly stoned to death.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 10th Jan 2013 7:57pm
Originally Posted by Grandpa_George

what about the female ones?
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 11th Jan 2013 8:22pm
Originally Posted by Grandpa_George

what about the female ones?

Didn't think of that, just stone them publicly.
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 13th Jan 2013 12:58am
[quote=Grandpa_GeorgeUnfortunately the world is full of brainless idiots who make false allegations, I hope Jim is innocent and if he is proved to be then I hope the person making false allegations is brought to justice and named and shamed. [/quote]

No, it cannot be nice to have false allegations made about yourself but in hindsight, wasn't that the reason for this investigation anyway? Those who dare to speak, were not believed and others, who were in a position of responsibilty to them, gave no regard to the allegations. Probably frightened of upsetting someone........
and others, who were also celebrities and had an idea of things that went on, but said nothing, are as guilty as the perpetrators, in my opinion.
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 13th Jan 2013 11:05am
Originally Posted by granny
[quote=Grandpa_GeorgeUnfortunately the world is full of brainless idiots who make false allegations, I hope Jim is innocent and if he is proved to be then I hope the person making false allegations is brought to justice and named and shamed.

No, it cannot be nice to have false allegations made about yourself but in hindsight, wasn't that the reason for this investigation anyway? Those who dare to speak, were not believed and others, who were in a position of responsibilty to them, gave no regard to the allegations. Probably frightened of upsetting someone........
and others, who were also celebrities and had an idea of things that went on, but said nothing, are as guilty as the perpetrators, in my opinion. [/quote]

I agree with you totally Granny, anyone who knew this was going on and stood by doing nothing should be ashamed of themselves. The point i was trying to make is that unfortunately there are some who cry wolf, some for money, some for attention and in IMHO these people should be punished as they make it very difficult for genuine victims.
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 13th Jan 2013 8:15pm
That is true Grandpa George, I think the answer must be that there is no compensation given in such situations, particulalrly if, in the Savile case, the accusations are made after his death.
Also the legal profession should be working on a charitable basis, and stop reaping the rewards of childrens misfortune. If they truly cared and it was not seen as a stepping stone for their own careers, they should be volunteering their services , only charging for the costs of lodging legal documentation with the courts etc. (Maybe some do voluntary already)
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 13th Jan 2013 9:26pm
I think the answer must be that there is no compensation given in such situations,

seriously?? you honestly think people do this for the money?

two things, if anyone goes for a claim against say the bbc/broadmoor etc the case could drag on for years and i mean easily ten plus years.

if it's a criminal injuries claim then you should have a quick look at the tarrifs, as an example get yourself abused for more than 3 years and get £22k, lose sight in an eye and get £22k.

money schmoney wink

Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 13th Jan 2013 11:16pm

I seriously think some people do.
It's a sad old world, this country is getting more and more like America, its sad but true.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 14th Jan 2013 1:59pm
Mrhanky, these people didn't get themselves abused, they were abused !
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 14th Jan 2013 2:41pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Mrhanky, these people didn't get themselves abused, they were abused !

eh? sorry, not sure how i'm reading that? been a long day so far wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 14th Jan 2013 8:00pm
I think the answer must be that there is no compensation given in such situations,

two things, if anyone goes for a claim against say the bbc/broadmoor etc the case could drag on for years and i mean easily ten plus years.

if it's a criminal injuries claim then you should have a quick look at the tarrifs, as an example get yourself abused for more than 3 years and get £22k, lose sight in an eye and get £22k.

money schmoney wink

Not all no, most are genuine I would believe.

However, it was on the radio the other day that they are seeking compensation sooo....

think
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 14th Jan 2013 8:32pm

However, it was on the radio the other day that they are seeking compensation sooo....

think

so that casts doubt on anyone who's been the victim of a crime who then goes on to seek compensation? wink
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 19th Jan 2013 2:49pm

think

so that casts doubt on anyone who's been the victim of a crime who then goes on to seek compensation? wink

Probably, the reason many are seeking compensation, is due to their lawyers directing/advising them to. Hence, more money in the bank for those in the legal profession!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 2:40pm

Probably, the reason many are seeking compensation, is due to their lawyers directing/advising them to. Hence, more money in the bank for those in the legal profession!!

you may well be right there, best just bin everyone's statements and just ignore them, after all that's what happened on several occasions with savile, and many, others over the years.

right, open question to anyone...how do you think this works? do you just go to a solicitor and say 'jimmy' abused me' and they reply with 'okey dokey, we'll get you some money' or would it be bit more in depth than that?

also ring a solicitors and ask them if they would take this sort of case on a no win no fee wink

Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 4:41pm

you may well be right there, best just bin everyone's statements and just ignore them, after all that's what happened on several occasions with savile, and many, others over the years.
)

I did not suggest that everyone's statement was binned and ignored. I ask you not to twist words or opinions.

Open question for you. If you had a daughter/son who was molested on her way home from school down a back alley on a Friday afternoon at 3pm. Which outcome would please you more.

a) The fact that she/he was prepared to stand in court and give evidence against the guilty ... bag, in an effort to prevent any other having to endure the same?
or
b) Go through the same motions, with a view to having ex amount of £'s in the bank?

Which is paramount in your mind Mr Hanky?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 5:11pm
i wasn't twisting words at all hence asking the question of how people think the system of compensation works? and you have chosen not to answer but instead ask a question of your own.

in answer to your question i would give support in any way the person required it.

but it's not as simple as just standing in court and giving evidence, what happens is, you've been raped, you go to the police and eventually you end up in court as a witness as the person accused pleads innocent and you then have to stand there while a defence barrister pics at everything about you, from how you speak and dress to anything they've been able to dig up from your past that could show you in a negative way.

so if someone doesn't want to go to court or the police and give evidence or make a statement then that's upto them.

i'd like you to imagine how you would feel when the first time you've got to go through what happened to you as a child in intimate detail is with a complete stranger, no one there to hold your hand or comfort you but you've got to re live as much as you can in order to make sure you've got the best chance of a prosecution.

so as far as i'm concerned if someone doesn't want to go through the legal system but wants to try for compensation then that's their own choice and they have their reasons for it. but it would be quite easy to work out who's the odd one out when you've got dozens of other statements from people making claims against the same abuser.

it's not a simple procedure getting compensation, even from cica it's drawn out to say the least.
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 5:58pm
Mr Hanky, no matter what the sexual offence against a minor, it is serious. In the same instance the cases have to be recorded and to be recorded the first move is to contact the police and give a statement with undoubtably, uncomfortable explanations for the vicitm.

If the vicitm does not wish to proceed with the case, then, there is nothing to be finalised.

Minors can be behind screens within the courts and I believe minors are questioned in a sensitive manner. At least, they were when I attended my daughters court case(twice)

This topic relates to those who are making claims up to 40+ years after the incidents, many of whom must have their own families. They were children ,some weren't believed, many didn't report, but we now have a situation where the lawyers are looking for compensation on behalf of the victims. They of course will get a percentage.
In this case, I believe it is not acceptable, as most of those in senior positions at that time, will be unable to answer as they are probably no longer on this planet.

You can't apply for compensation unless it's proven that you have been a vicitm of the alleged crime. Which means going through the legal system, courts etc. Trying to prove you are entitled to compensation is the more traumatic for the vicitm. Those lawyers will throw everything at them to prevent the claim. So if they make a claim. they should be prepared for the worst, if they aren't making a claim and just want justice , it would no doubt be a lot easier.
Let us not forget the lawyers...leading their lambs to slaughter! Which was my original point.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 6:23pm
my only dealings with lawyers who specialise in this sort of area has always been positive but i'm sure there are a few who would just see it a any other case although this would be their downfall.

cica will accept a claim even if it hasn't been to court or even if no one has been arrested. but as i've said the amounts that are paid is trivial anyway almost to the point of it not being worth the stress it causes.

even when a adult gives evidence they can be behind a screen or on video link as they have to be treated as though they were the age the offences were committed.

(hope this hasn't all come across as me being argumentative by the way?)
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 6:44pm
Haven't a clue how CICA operate and don't know anything about them.

Of course you have been arguementative Mr Hanky, but who cares? That's what it's about, don't you think? We all have our reasons for our own opinions and shall continue to do so. wink

I wouldn't let Jimmy Savile be the cause of upset. What a nasty, degenerate he was.

Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile investigation. - 20th Jan 2013 6:54pm
sorry, cica is criminal injuries.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral