Forums
Posted By: Dilly gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 9:07am
Gary Glitter arrested in london in conection to Saville.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 9:50am
Yep so that's glitter and savile and the police have said there are others.

Oh and with that Phil Mitchell's kid too I put it to you BBC as an apology for your mistakes all licensing fees should be dropped.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 9:54am
be prepared for licence fess to go up, this is going to cost them a lot of money and i mean A LOT!!

Posted By: Salmon Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 9:58am
It will indeed cost us a lot of money funding compensation claims, lawyers fees etc.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 10:56am
The BBC can pay for its mistakes not us.to be honest don't think alot of the british public will be happy to pay licence increase.

I think compensating victims is the least of the victims worries.at the end of the day it is them who have to stand up in court and get a jury to believe them beyond reasonable doubt and it is not nice to have to do that and most of them will feel like they have been abused all over again.very traumatic
Posted By: mrhanky Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 11:21am
Originally Posted by Zelda2012

I think compensating victims is the least of the victims worries.

at least they won't be going through criminal injuries and getting the pittance that they pay out!!!
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 11:31am
true.

Just watched on news freddy star is worried

Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: gary glitter - 28th Oct 2012 12:07pm
I despise GG and all he stands for but I do think that in this case anything we learn about him is irrelevant - we all know what a b'stard he is and in some ways he is an easy target in this case.
I'll bet there are a few folk that are waiting for a knock at the door and I also think that we will be shocked as they weren't on our or anyone else's radar
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 8:14am
Sick of all these pedos in the news.

I would quite happily execute them in view of the public in quite a disturbing manner whilst someone was filming it for liveleak.

smile
Posted By: Veronica_Blay Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 8:20am
Execute them in public?
They should cut the balls off them in public!!!
Posted By: granny Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 8:35am
There seems to be quite a different track of thought, between this and 'Body found in Raby Mere'

Public castration or a public hanging??
Posted By: Dilly Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 10:30am
He has now been released after 10 hours,I don't see him getting any peace unless he disappears again. Hope he gets all he deserves along with all the rest that will now be waiting for the knock on the door.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 10:58am

For many I reckon there will be some shocks. They're going for any celeb who had sex with an underage girl basically... so that's pretty much most musicians (who are still alive).

I always remember my folks telling me about Beatles concerts where there would always be girls "selected" from the screaming crowds at the end of the show, and taken back stage. Same with good ol' Cliff Richard and of course The Rolling Stones. How many people really would've asked for proof of age, and how many of those girls would've been honest and risk being kicked out.

Many people will do anything to get "close" to their favourite celebrity, and to kick off many years later and act the victim is a bit much.

Not defending anyone who is about to be questioned, but how do you defend when it may be stuff like "so she told you she was 16, but actually she was only 14, Mr McCartney!"
Posted By: Dilly Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 11:58am
I agree Sanchez, there will be lots of ageing pop stars worrying now, but a lot of them would have been not much more than kids themselves. Groupies were readily available to them, management have a lot to answer to. The likes of Saville and Glitter were old enough to have known better and carried on late into life. We can only wait now to see which is the next lowlife to be exposed.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 12:21pm
Philly Schofield and the broom closet the dirt bugger whistle
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 12:22pm
Seriously? Gary Glitter. Im so shocked, never would have thought that he could be involved.

Freddie Starr has that look as well.
Posted By: Veronica_Blay Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 12:28pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
Seriously? Gary Glitter. Im so shocked, never would have thought that he could be involved.

Freddie Starr has that look as well.
Looks like they are all at it,really sick and perverted.
Posted By: chriskay Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 12:50pm
Originally Posted by granny
There seems to be quite a different track of thought, between this and 'Body found in Raby Mere'

Public castration or a public hanging??

Good point, Granny.
Posted By: granny Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 1:11pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
I agree Sanchez, there will be lots of ageing pop stars worrying now, but a lot of them would have been not much more than kids themselves. Groupies were readily available to them, management have a lot to answer to. The likes of Saville and Glitter were old enough to have known better and carried on late into life. We can only wait now to see which is the next lowlife to be exposed.

That's true Dilly. The other thing is that it was different back in the sixties. Most kids weren't allowed to go to these places where bands played, etc. at such a young age . I wasn't and neither were any of my school friends unless they were with an adult. Fifteen year olds maybe but, things were different and it wasn't called child abuse that we knew of then. The first time I was told a case of child sexual abuse ,was about 1980, and I could not get my head around the fact that it really happened.
I can't imagine that they would have allowed unaccompanied kids into the concerts at such a young age back then , if they did, well the organizers should also be 'carrying the can', and so should the parents. It's a whole bag of tricks. Of course, none of this, in any way, shape or form is excusing those perpetrators, of which I beleive ,are many.
One last point, I bet most kids didn't even know there was a legal age for sexual activity in those times.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 7:35pm
jim davidson seems to be making a bit of noise about it all...call me cynical wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 7:39pm
Who was Jim Davidson?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 7:42pm
a comedian in the 80s Ste
Posted By: Sanchez Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 7:45pm
I can see Logans run as a result at the end of all of this madness.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 7:48pm
THanks rude I remember now, short bloke around the cannon and ball days.

Sure he had something to do with snooker too think
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: gary glitter - 29th Oct 2012 8:13pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
THanks rude I remember now, short bloke around the cannon and ball days.

Sure he had something to do with snooker too think

He did present "big break" for a while I think. Last seen dropping out of Celebrity kitchen IIRC for making racist/ homophobic comments
Posted By: Touchstone Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 9:11am
A lot of people seem to be focusing on celebrities from the 60s, 70s and 80s. A lot of them will no doubt be getting very nervous. I doubt it will end at Glitter and Starr.

But the real interesting thing about all this, in my opinion, is how Savile was able to get away with such large scale abuse for five decades. He had to have been helped by some quite powerful people. If you look at some of the people he hung around with, it's quite instructive: the Pope, members of the Royal Family and senior Conservative ministers. Could this have been a massive establishment paedophile ring? Time will tell.

One very interesting thing that Savile said before he died referred to the previous Pope, John Paul II. He said that the Pope had asked him to get some things for him. Savile said if we knew what those things were, we would be very surprised!
Posted By: Veronica_Blay Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 9:14am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
jim davidson seems to be making a bit of noise about it all...call me cynical wink
Gee gets worse,what annoys me they got fame and fortune,But i guess we talking skeletons in the wardrobe here.Sick
Posted By: mrhanky Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 12:29pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone

But the real interesting thing about all this, in my opinion, is how Savile was able to get away with such large scale abuse for five decades.

lots of paedophiles in 'normal' life get away with abuse spanning decades, twenty-thirty years is not uncommon.

If you look at some of the people he hung around with, it's quite instructive: the Pope, members of the Royal Family and senior Conservative ministers. Could this have been a massive establishment paedophile ring? Time will tell.

there are a lot of rumours around about the haut de la garenne case and the late queen mother.

as for the catholic church/religious institutions don't get me started, you've just got to look at the present popes previous work...cynical side of me coming through again...i wonder if that's why he got the job as pope??
Posted By: granny Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 2:26pm

But the real interesting thing about all this, in my opinion, is how Savile was able to get away with such large scale abuse for five decades. He had to have been helped by some quite powerful people. If you look at some of the people he hung around with, it's quite instructive: the Pope, members of the Royal Family and senior Conservative ministers. Could this have been a massive establishment paedophile ring? Time will tell.

Not only but also!! Probably truth, speculation and lies all wrapped up together but never the less, people in high places are not necessarily the powerful ones. The most powerful are hidden while they create their web.

http://thescum.info/2011/01/10/from-dunblane-to-haut-de-la-garenne/
Posted By: granny Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 3:08pm
Taken from the same source:

http://thescum.info/category/paedophilia/

So, truth or lies?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 7:26pm
Wtf?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 8:40pm
That's one massive potential slander report eh ste lol.

If a 14 year old girl, with massive knockers a face full of make-up and rather revealing clothes walks past a group of men who don't realise her age but whistle and chant at her does that make them pedo's for following their hormones? If the men were then told she is only 14 I wonder what their reactions would be. At what point or stage does a man/woman become a pedo or has it always been in them from the start..

Posted By: Sanchez Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 9:38pm

Attached picture 431743_2538613320155_189470736_n.jpg
Posted By: mrhanky Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 9:45pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
That's one massive potential slander report eh ste lol.

that's been around on the net for a good few years now and as far as i know, no one has been sued for slander so far.

that one only mentions holly grieg in passing but it's quite 'interesting' how her uncle managed to kill himself wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: gary glitter - 30th Oct 2012 10:32pm
I didn't read it tbh bud, just had a quick scroll down and was shocked. Obviously if someone has gone to all of that trouble to put that up they are either right or way off the money. Lets hope our justice system gets it right.
Posted By: Veronica_Blay Re: gary glitter - 31st Oct 2012 2:44pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
I didn't read it tbh bud, just had a quick scroll down and was shocked. Obviously if someone has gone to all of that trouble to put that up they are either right or way off the money. Lets hope our justice system gets it right.
Truths must have been swept under the carpet for a long time.Now its all comming out!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral