Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Buyer Of Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce 'Gutted' - 12th Oct 2012 9:30am
A man who bought Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce says he now wants nothing to do with the car after allegations of abuse by the star.

The scrap dealer, who asked not to be identified, paid £160,000 for the 10-year-old Corniche Convertible with Savile's personalised number plate JS 247 at a charity auction.

Speaking exclusively to Sky News, he said he fears it is now worth less than half that - £70,000 - and he has consulted a barrister about legal action to try and get his money back.

"I don't want to be associated with it," he said.

"I'm just gutted because all of this should have come out before hand."

The car, listed with an estimate price of up to £90,000, was the most expensive lot in the auction of Savile's belongings which raised more than £300,000 for his charities.

Its new owner, from Poole in Dorset, said he bought the car over the telephone "on a whim", but now his plans to hire it out for weddings and children's parties are ruined.

"The only way that car will sell is to get the Savile name off of it and try to sell it for £70,000 if I'm lucky," he said.

He revealed he had to spend £8,000 to repair the brakes and service the limited edition car which had spent years in storage at a dealership in Leeds.

"I've never even driven it," he said. "I bought it, they delivered it, I had it picked up, they took it to Surrey for servicing and it's still there."

He claims he has spoken to other buyers of Savile's belongings, which ranged from cigars to a gold Rolex watch, who also stand to lose out.

"A lot of people spent a lot of money on that stuff, tracksuits and that, and they've got to burn them now because they're worth nothing.

"I've got my lawyers looking at it now, but my solicitor has spoken to a barrister and he seemed to think none of us had a leg to stand on," he said.

He also revealed why he wants his identity kept secret: he daren't tell his wife that he bought the car, or how much money he will lose.

"She'd absolutely kill me, I'd get thrown out," he said.

"Probably she knows deep down, but I've just got to deny it because I wouldn't get away with this one."

Description: The owner paid £160,000 for the 10-year-old Corniche Convertible
Attached picture 8528874-1-1-522x293.jpg
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Buyer Of Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce 'Gutted' - 12th Oct 2012 9:32am
Does he honestly think he will get a refund, the stupid twit.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Buyer Of Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce 'Gutted' - 12th Oct 2012 9:46am
Haha refund? You for real?

Posted By: Sanchez Re: Buyer Of Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce 'Gutted' - 12th Oct 2012 11:17am
He bought it to put into storage.....
Money must be burning a whole right through his dirty penny pinching pocket.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Buyer Of Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce 'Gutted' - 12th Oct 2012 12:55pm
Swop it for my Skoda as long as he changes the number plate.
i bet the value of savilles car has plummeted,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral